ASP has no love for the infiltrator

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by borgqueenx, Apr 5, 2018.

1. borgqueenx

Every class basicly gets buffed where infiltrator stays without much uage from this patch.
    Sure we get a flash grenade...I suppose thats nice, but other classes can use it too.
    Why cant we use a heavy weapon as secondary? Just disable it for the stalker.
    • Up x 5
  2. Zak Preston

i sense a huge income of people who would say that sticky grenades unlock for infils is OP, superfun and is as good as LMG + ARs + Shotguns secondaries for engineers.
    • Up x 5
  3. Eternaloptimist

Well, I got quadrupled max damage range on my favourite stalking pistol, the Blackhand, so I guess that'll do.
    • Up x 2
  4. Mechmaniac

No one loves infiltrators, shut up and go away!
    lol
    • Up x 2
  5. Zak Preston

Liar! I do love infils, even the ones who kill me=)
    • Up x 1
  6. Liewec123

as Zak said, sticky nades for a stalker will be AMAZING,
    plus you just got across the board pistol buffs, magscatter now feels like a standard shotgun!

but yup, sneaking behind the enemy group and throwing a sticky nade in there will get you a huge pile of kills!
    • Up x 2
  7. Ra7basturd

lol listen to you lot, Liewec123 recon's he 'sneaks up behind a group of enemies' ..... You're invisible you no skillz nub, can teach a monkey to do that
  8. Zak Preston

Are you sure sticky nades will be as amazing as different weapon types unlocks fr other classes? -_-

VS pistols are mostly trash and I'd prefer to stick with nerfed Commi or untouched Emissary
  9. TR5L4Y3R

oh i do infiltrators that actualy infiltrate ... so i can actualy kill them once in a while ...
  10. adamts01

Does the double pistol perk let stalkers carry 2 pistols? That would be a slick setup.
    • Up x 1
  11. TowerOfGlower

This. I’m wondering if this means they can carry a QCX bow with explosive bolts and a pistol.
    • Up x 1
  12. SquirtAttack

I agree... This is absurd.. So ASP gives the following perks to the other classes:

Engineer: Shotgun Secondary
    Light Assault: SMG Secondary
    Heavy Assault: Heavy Weapon Secondary
    Medic: Battle Rifle Seconday
    . . .
    Infiltrator? Bleeping nades.

Other commenters, who obviously don't play infiltrator very much, make it sound so cool, even though you have to practically go on a suicide run in order to do what people are claiming an infiltrator can do that others can't. And if you are successful sneaking into some place with a ton of enemies, the amount of time spent doing it doesn't make it worth it. Hopefully they give you at least 2 nades, but with our luck it will be only 1, just like the emp. Actually, I don't really care, how many you get, I would not do ASP just for nades for the class I play the most.

For ASP, they should of kept the carbine rifle option for the infiltrator or give them a SMG secondary weapon option. Also, for the pistol primary, they should allow the stalker to have a pistol in the primary as well... Maybe they do, but it is definitely not made clear. Or they should have an option for no shimmer when cloaked... Or they should have an option for silent walking/running while cloaked. Or they should have an option to be able to hack enemy sunderers or construction turrets. Or... Or... Or...

But instead, we get suicide nades.... Suicide, because the only advantage for an infiltrator to have those is for a one way trip in highly congested enemy territory to "possibly" get multiple kills.
    • Up x 6
  13. Corezer

ummm, have you seen what LA [don't] get?
  14. SquirtAttack

At least they get a SMG in there secondary slot. Infiltrator should get that as well.
    • Up x 2
  15. Corezer

SMG's wouldn't help stalkers more than LA... are you daft? SMG is.... nice, the way the massive pistol buffs are for stalkers. it certainly isn't anything good like stickies or EMPs would be, and it isn't nutty like LMGs.

cry me a river.
    • Up x 1
  16. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Just as a heads up, we'll likely add more perks in the future! (Though we don't have any specific ones in mind right now.)
    • Up x 3
  17. SquirtAttack

Speak for yourself Corezer. I stated an opinion and you are calling me daft. Your character as of this moment only has 1 hour and 52 minutes as an infiltrator, so I consider your criticism of my comment as utterly worthless. You obviously do not play infiltrator enough to make comments about those who primarily play infiltrator.
    • Up x 3
  18. Liewec123

just hopped on to PTS to try this, can confirm that stalker locks the primary weapon slot, even when i had a pistol in it.
    so the sidearm primary thing seems to be pretty darn useless,
    even without spending a valuable ASP point on it,
    would anyone replace their lmg, carbine, AR, shotgun or smg with a pistol? even if it was free to do so?
    • Up x 6
  19. Corporate Thug

Only if dual wield was possible :(
    • Up x 3
  20. Corezer

Corezer is my first character, but I've been an NC main since the Jager days kid, I've been playing SMG infil for quite a while now, even if LA is still my passion the infil has just been undeniably better at performing all of the same tasks for so long I've had to make the switch. Even as a c4 fairy it's not often that the advantages of flight outweigh the advantages of a wraith flash with just 1 friend...

The fact is, in number and quality of changes, a slow-to-pull-out secondary serves classes designed with tools to control the initiation of engagements nowhere near as well as the most lethal grenades in the game.