Maintenance when we are about to win an alert....really?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Leandre, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Leandre

I suggest that you guys look at that kind of details and delay the maintenance by 30 minutes... It is really sad for us working hard at winning a war!

Thanks for reading!
  2. typnct

doesnt matter... 300 iso wont save your life :D
    dont worry, the servers health is more important

a single server cost 50,000 $( a cheap *** server) so maintaining it one a day or a week is very important
    the server i assume they use is about 16 cpu's minimum(each about 1k $ and 3 gpu's each about 10 15k$)

sooo... yeah hhhhhhhhhh
  3. Leandre

a 30 minute delay would not have change anything to server health...
  4. Prudentia

then another server would have started an alert... and then another server would have started an alert... and then another server would have started an alert... and then another server would have started an alert...
    • Up x 4
  5. Tupeistul

Maintenance are scheduled, so you can avoid starting an alert.
  6. HippoCryties

Lol needed to max out assimilated was about to win alert then BOOM! But I understand
  7. Roxxlyy Community Relations

I understand how it can be frustrating, but this maintenance was scheduled and messaged in advance. Our employees have schedules to follow and time-frames set aside to work on things. If we kept putting off a maintenance because some players were in the middle of something, this would likely reiterate itself again and again and we'd never get anything done.
    • Up x 1
  8. CaptCran

What about the constant timer for boost??? Bummer if you use a 24 hour boost and the countdown continues when the server is down for any reason.... always been my gripe but who listens?
    • Up x 1
  9. Leandre

Happenned again today... by 1 minutes and half! It is really unfair because TR don't win much alerts... I understand what you mean by ''in the middle of something'' but here we are talking about server events! and we were at the end of something!
  10. Doc Jim

These server downtimes almost never happen without warning, they are announced. If you don't want to be surprised by server downtime, feel free to keep an eye on the announcements when planning a server event.
    • Up x 1
  11. Leandre

I'm not planning anything,,, i'm only a player in a server! I don't decide when the population is favorable to my faction.
    • Up x 1
  12. Luicanus

Couldn't this entire thing be bypassed by simply ending all alerts a minute or two before the down time and awarding the victory appropriately?
    • Up x 2