[BUG] Game Launcher

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zeewulf, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Zeewulf

Whenever there is a new patch/update for PS2 my launcher keeps shutting itself down during the update. I have to keep restarting it until it's managed to do the update. Tried running the launcher in both admin mode and not, with or without my anti-virus running and it still does it not matter what.

Even tried re-installing the game twice and numerous validity checks and still no joy in solving it.

I'm at the point where i dread BIG updates as it takes ages to even download it with this bug....
    • Up x 1
  2. Villanuk

Same here............
  3. Beerbeerbeer

There's a fix for other games with launcher problems. Not sure it will work here, but worth a shot.

1. Right click the shortcut you use to launch the game and select properties
    2. In the target, at the very end of the string, add this: -http=wininet

This allows the application to acces HTTP protocols.
  4. Scifi

it works :D, typed it out wrong :(
  5. Beerbeerbeer

6. Korban

Same here as well! I had to open the launcher several dozen times to complete the patch/update today.
    • Up x 1
  7. Drasilov

Can't find a "target" in the steam launcher and if I add the line to the set launch option in Steam it makes no difference. Taken around 20 restarts and I still haven't finished the download.

Why has this still not been fixed?
  8. Zeewulf

Still not fixed I see :(
  9. Zeewulf

ANY chance this bug is going to get fixed ? About to give up on the game due to massive problems trying to do any updates....
  10. Zeewulf

See this BUG is still here and being a nightmare come patch time. Seriously about to give up on this game now ......
  11. Zeewulf

So Daybreak, ANY chance in hell this patcher bug is going to get fixed ?
  12. Nintyuk

Doubt it, been a issue since punk buster was added last year.
  13. Zeewulf

Yeah, it's one of the reasons why I don't play anymore. Way too much hassle to just even update the game let alone play it.
  14. Zeewulf

When are Daybreak going to get round to fixing the launcher bug that keeps shutting itself down during patches. It's been ongoing FOR AGES !!!!