[Suggestion] To: The Developers (Construction System)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Destroyer0370, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Destroyer0370

1. Hi. This is my vision of how I thought the Construction would have been, before it was realeased or even now...

I thought it would simply emulate the permanent bases that already exist in the game.
    -Spawn room can be place down
    - Spawn tubes built in them
    -Spawn room shielding Generator can be built+overloaded by enemy
    - SCU room/building can be placed down
    -SCU can be placed down
    -Shield, for SCU (Shield blocks outgoing and incoming projectiles) Note:.. The game can recognise all opening/door way openings+window in the room where the SCU is placed and make the shield on those openings.
    -Spawn room Shielding (1 way shielding), though enemies, especially Heavies and Max units can force their way through the shielding and receive less damage.
    - Shield generators that are built and can be overloaded and repaired.
    - Capture point to be place down in a region(A,B,C,D/maxium 4 points) Note:.. Regions are neutral at first+there is a deployment radius, and perhaps, based on amount of buildings created/present to placed down capture more capture points.
    - If all capture points are taken by the enemies, then similiar to the permanent bases, it turns over to the enemy. They can then deconstruct and redesign their outpost/base using the deconstruct gun on the structures/capture points. OR alternatively, when they capture the region all the capture points, and perhaps buildings deconstruct.

- Deconstruct tool can delete any of the above, if not placed desirably only by the owner of the buildings they are built in(i.e. spawn tube) and owners of the foundation they are built on.

2. Can you make the construstion system more adaptable/changeable, as in sizing when placing down structures. I touched on this prior with the foundations/vechicle gate suggestions. It can be applied to walls as in Height, so on.
  2. LordKrelas

How exactly would the enemy get to the SCU, or shield Generators?
    Unless restricted, players would intelligently place them inside the shields controlled by those very same devices.
    Mixed in with automated-defenses, you'd not ever survive to reach nor be able to guard the SCU from the Builders.

Not to mention, if Builders could control the capture points, they'd be placed
    • Where they can cap them easier, and inside every possible defensive position, to steal the hex away from the originals.
    • Where they aren't able to even be reached.
    More likely than anything else.
  3. adamts01

I think player-built bases with capture points that work in to a lattice is the way to go as well. This would hopefully promote big fights at bases instead of max crashes out of nowhere and the need to babysit them. But there are three conditions that I see as critical for this to work.

1) Bases need to be indestructible until they're capturable on the lattice, otherwise they'd be ambushed and wiped out like they currently are, without a good fight.

2) They need to be close to lattice lines and not on edges if maps.

3) As LordKrelas pointed out, people will just build impenetrable fortresses with out current system. To fix this, each capture point needs to have a group of buildings built around it, all with no-build zones around them. This would shift PMBs away from being bunkers, and give them an urban warfare feel.
  4. Destroyer0370

Yes. ...and maybe we could have special buildings that can give continent wide and/or region benefits like:

- Research centers(armour, speed, etc.) that gives a little bit(i.e. 5%) armour/speed/etc. to all vehicles Continent wide. Note:.. only 1 can be built on the continent at a time.

-Radar building to detect movement of vehicles every 5 seconds in a radius around it in the Region. Note: ...This is a lesser structure kind so every region can build it.
  5. Destroyer0370

Simply adding some more ideas, if the game ever moves in this direction with capture points and prmanent buildings we can make ourselves...

1. When placing down a structure in a neutral territory or controlled territory that has a capture point built...These structures will have no construction zones, in any shape(set by the game company, i.e. the no construction zone extends out a bit from all entrances/vehicle pads), to always access into them. Therefore, when a person want to build wall or other nearby structures around the already palced structure, they see red ground at certain points/areas around those other structures that are already built.

2. Possibly make it that, when have construction item in hand to place down the bluprint on the ground and later build it with the ant along with cortium(i.e. like the silo in the game currently is filled up, but instead the cortium is use to build the structure with the proposed idea here), we can press the "B" key or so, to see the base only of all structures built and the structure have in hand to build so that we can place it more accurately on the terrain/how we like.

3. Perhaps when have an item to place down we can press "G" for grid and we as to also help us placed down items more precisely. When the grid is on, then a person can move around still and the grid does not change. It will disapper if the person places down the structure and/or when G is press again. NOte... The grid does not have to cover the whole area, just a certain meter squared i.e. 20 meter by 20 meters.

4. HUD display when setting down structures. The "alternative fire button" will be used to switch between Length,width,height when Walls, Base Foundations, Base foundation Ramps are being created. This shows up in the HUD with the Length,width, Height, when adjusting. SECONDLY, the amount of CORTIUM will also be displayed on the HUD if the structure size is increased. i.e. if it is 1 meter cube then it will cost a certain amount of cortium, it it is 2 meter cube, then it will cost more cortium to be created, so on.

NOTE:... as said, all structures are placed down then filled up with cortium to construct it with the ANT Vehicle. Also, These structures, if enemy captures the region by way of the Capture point(2) will become the enemies to delete if they want and then design the base in how they desire. Furthermore, Capture points are what makes a region ownable for a faction.
  6. strikearrow

There are already territories with capture points where PMBs can be built right on them - even some with permanent buildings nearby. This has existed some months now. The problem with PMBs is that they are full of exploits and until those exploits are removed, the entire system needs to be disabled - well at least all HIVEs, spawn tubes, repair modules, shield modules, Orbital Strikes, and vehicle terminals.
  7. Destroyer0370

Oh, I forgot 3 other things to mention and that is...

1. Spawn buildings and such has to be closeby, a certain distance near, Capture points to function. A person will see if it is green symbol on the HUD also, if it is in range of one of the capture points to function, when they have to schematics in their hand to place down on the ground. Then they fill it up with cortium, building it.

2. Only 1 operation Spawn building can be in a region, like how it is now, in the game.

3. Construction of Teleporter room, as well that has to be a certain distance from spawn building. Perhaps only 1 per region as well.