[Suggestion] Continent Specific Camo

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Luicanus, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Luicanus

No it's not what you probably assumed I meant.

I've got about 15-20 camos for my main character, and sure when switching continent it is possible to switch them all out pretty quickly. But it'd be nice if (maybe only for paying members) one could select a camo layout for each continent.

So as soon as I log onto Esamir all my characters have the vehicle, player and weapon camos I prefer.

A step further would be to allow me to customize what cosmetics or even weapons each load-out has on each continent.

Lets face it does anyone want to use Infravison on Esamir? Even Indar it can be a drag, but I'd love my Hossin loadouts to automatically switch to it (if I set it up that way).
    • Up x 2
  2. Roxxlyy Community Relations

This is a cool suggestion! It might be more possible to do something neat with loadouts in the future with the help of our new UI guy. Not saying it'll happen, but this is definitely something I've made a mental note of.
    • Up x 3
  3. Luicanus

Thank you.

I hope you don't mind but I've noted, while playing, a few other UI issues possibly some of them might not already be noted by your UI guy?

It's mostly just little things but it leaves the game feeling rough around the edges.

Social > Friends > Insufficient Data on friends list

- There is no indication there as to how active players are (or the BR, or the Faction).
    Similar info as displayed in Outfits for last online etc would be very appreciated.
    - There's also an issue with the friends (on the social tab) not always being in alphabetical order, I think it has something to do with whether or not they have Capital letter at the front of their username.

My Character > Stats

- Some weapons cannot be viewed in this window, known examples include Rocklet Rifle and Hunter QCX, players need to use the classes tab to see these weapons.
    - Similarly many Misc Support Ribbons are not tracked here. Healing, Transport Assist, Flashbang, EMP, Point Control, etc.
    - Under the vehicles tab the MANA anti-personnel turret's stats show up both where they are supposed to AND along side the stats for the Spear Anti-Vehicle Phalanx Turret.
    - Possibly add spitfire stats to either vehicle or weapons tabs, these stats cannot be obtained via the classes tab.

My Character > Leaderboard

- When you check the Leaderboard sorted by friends you can see a who hasn't been on in weeks to months. However, there is no way to delete them there, you currently need to copy down all the names you want to remove then find them in the social tab.

Suggestion - Add a search feature for exact usernames to locate a specific player.
    Suggestion - Allow for the searches of Vanu, Terran and NC separately. Presently only allows for own Empire searches.
    Suggestion - Add a "This Year" selector for searches alongside this week & this month. The game has been out long enough that many players have careers spanning over 1 year.
    • Up x 1
  4. Mianera

Respectfully, although that might be a nice feature, as soon as you unlock Black Camo? U will use no other camo ever.... like EVER.
  5. Eternaloptimist

So long as \it is faction-identifiable in some way, either colours, trim or shape. Meeting a guy, as I did the other day, in pink camo, with a samurai helmet and an NS weapon meant I was dead while still trying to work out which side he was on :eek:.
  6. Luicanus

Shoot first and ask questions later. If you get a friendly-fire warning you can usually cease before you kill them.

Yeah, I purchased the TR dark Grey in December and have been using it a lot. But on Esamir I use White and Indar I use one of the desert ones.

On Esamir and Indar I like my Guns to be metallic silver, on Hossin the dark grey.

And as I said if it can be made to include other cosmetic changes, implant changes and/or other loadout changes it could be a very friendly feature.
    Eg. I don't like using the Armistice AE on Hossin because it's always white or silver, I'd take Hailstorm in it's place usually.

Not required but user friendly. Everybody loves user friendly features.