lost progress-membership bonuses?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Solenya, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Solenya

Hello, I would like DB Daybreak Games to please clarify:
    Does the loss of saved progress also mean that the paid services of a membership, like the daily passive cert gain or daily deals made are nullified?
    If so and a restore is not possible, what is the plan for a compensation for members/non-members?

Thank you very much for your attention.
  2. Roxxlyy Community Relations

It depends on how we are able to recover things once we get everything fixed up. Regardless of how that goes, we will be offering some sort of compensation for players that logged in on PS4 yesterday - stay tuned for more on that once we get things rolling again.
    • Up x 2
  3. CplRDaWiggy

So what exactly do you plan to do for your EU customers? Given you keep shifting the damn goal posts with your eta, most of us will be unable to actually play today due to no fault of our's. Seriously poor form. This kind of nonsense caused me to quit all (then) SOE games, DCUO subscriber for 4 years, started PS2 on ps4 launch, and frankly it would appear you've learned nothing regarding failed updates that result in massive, and unacceptable downtime. All yesterday people across chat were saying how regular this is, which if true is not good enough.
    • Up x 1
  4. Solenya

Wholeheartedly agree. Just lost yet another day. The problem now really should be escalated at DB.
    As a PS4 player, I can just repeat myself from another post: In my (software) company there are so many levels of internal and external tests required before something goes live in the live environment, including a fallback plan to revert on a moments notice if still there happens an impact on the availability of the provided service. Loss of work, data (=money) or unscheduled denial of service usage must not happen without exceptions. Just saying, if we worked like that our NPS would understandably plummet.

It is not yet severe or critical, but the impact at the moment is as follows: We are already at one session of gameplay lost and TWO days of bonuses,deals and (passive) cert gain lost, not even talking about paying for a membership without being able to actually play.

And the list goes on: PS4 Lightning tank control (no deadzone or incremental steering) unfixed for a year, member queue without any effect, hourly bluescreens (you might think it might be manageable since we are all running on pretty much the same TWO single environments: PS4 and PRO).
    Summing it up, the PS4 version really desperately requires a boost of attention and a proof that also PS4 matters if they want to keep this alive with our dropping player base.
    On one hand I really love this game, since it is unique. But on the other hand I am just sad that they kill this great idea, this great game this way and not let it die with style and honor...
    • Up x 1
  5. Solenya

DBG, I am very pleased with the quick and more than fair compensation you gave me (1000 certs/1000 ISO) - thank you!

(Now if you could please also look into PS-3318 that we can actually use our Rival chassis again then my faith would be completely restored! Using racer is just a bug workaround...)