[Suggestion] Do something about the lasher weapon lock

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ozemandea, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Ozemandea

If I am putting down suppressing fire into a doorway and I am only about 7 feet from it. I have less than a quarter of a ******* second to stop firing as some ****head decides to run directly in front of me for some ungodly reason.

Its not ******* grief if they can literally just walk BEHIND ME to the other ******* side, and if they wish to go through the damn door all they need to do is stack up around it and I will get the point. Then I can sit back and laugh as they all get murdered by the assload of troopers right outside and resume firing as there corpses cool off. Note, not a SINGLE person died due to my lasher, they only took some minor splash damage or a single hit as they dived into it.

But just bum rushing in front of me as I am obviously firing continuously is a decision that THEY make to damage themselves from the lasher, I try to stop firing but of course one or two balls hits the stupid git and rinse repeat, BAM weapon lock,

***** sake, being punished because of other people being so ******* ******** that they run in front of an LMG makes me regret paying any money on this game. Its ******* ********, fix this ****.

Here's an idea, if the lasher does less than 15% damage to an ally don't have it count towards weapons lock. Easy fix, people who are careless with is will still get locks, but others like myself wont have to worry about that one stray energy ball getting me a weapons lock because the fight has been going on for 30 ******* minutes, and all those little mistakes add up in the long run.
  2. The Rogue Wolf

This is something you must take into consideration when using any area-of-effect weapon. Try practicing fire discipline.
    • Up x 3
  3. Prudentia

huh? the problem described in this thread is akin to someone jumping on your tank to block your shells.
  4. Ozemandea

Honestly I can say with absolute certainty that I will not be spending any more money on this game, besides this ******** with being punished due to other players asshatery I have experienced ...

-Invincible uplinks
    -Underground indestructible HIVES
    -A cheater (singular, but he existed, never saw a guy fly though the air and get 7 one hit kills with the standard LA carbine before)
    -A prowler division parked on top of a sky shield blasting away a VS garrison.
    -Some of the WORST air physics I have ever seen (I am an actual combat aviator, trust me, its garbage.)
    -The WORST grenade physics I have ever seen (Just replace the things with basketballs and get it over with)
    -Clunky weapon movements (the original counter strike weapons felt better, the ones in PS2 feel so ... wrong.)
    -The amazing flying sundy
    -The amazing flying ant and his airbase of DOOOOOOM
    -A UI that my brother could have designed better. (If people need to have someone else explain how to use it you then you ****** up. This is coming from him, a physicist that minors in computer engineering)
    -Being forced to play on garbage continents due to locks ... OK ONE garbage continent, you know which one I mean.
    -The inability to climb slopes that I could in real life with very little effort.
    -"How the **** did I spawn inside the TR warpgate?"
    -"How the **** did I fall through the map THIS time?"
    -"Why does that infiltrator have no head?"
    -"WHAT DO YOU MEAN I CANNOT AUTOSPAWN!"
    -By the icebears sacred right bullock, if you are going to make some weapons (like the watchman) so ******* OP in certain situations than at least give the other factions something along the same lines. (Laser disintegration beam for the VS perhaps)

I honestly thought this list would be shorter, but now that I think about it, my experience has been poor. It shines sometimes with massive operations, like on esimirs giant bridge, where I was ninja knifing people as my other teammates built a great wall across one side of the river as the enemy did the same on the other. It was fantastic, but at most other times its just, "wow, that was ********" or "why is this not working like its supposed to".

Its sad really, I remember when this game was supposed to be the next step in multiplayer shooters. I was excited and spent money on it to get the ball rolling. Only to have it seem to deflate and kind of lie there ... just waiting for someone to come along and fill it up again, or throw away.
    • Up x 1
  5. Prudentia

if your brother needed to have the UI explained to him then i'd go and ask him if he lied about getting a degree
    • Up x 4
  6. Eternaloptimist

So it's not just about the Lasher weapon lock then? o_O
    • Up x 1
  7. strikearrow

And you scored a 4 on the ACT reading comprehension test. I'll spell it out for you so you understand - hopefully. According to his brother, if somebody must ask how to use a UI, then the UI was very poorly designed.

I happen to believe the UI is not too bad, but it does take time to fully understand it. However, I have seen the LA headshot cheat before and certainly the PMB system is fully of exploits like he describes.

One he doesn't mention is the flying flash, which I've seen numerous times.
  8. Prudentia

the menus and especially the filtering can be annoying due to being overloaded. but the infantry UI is pretty intuitive. all you need to do to figure out what element does what is press a button and you'll see which part does which. nowhere do you need someone to explain something to you.
  9. FateJH

If you think the HUD is unintuitive, just wait until you try the option that turns off the HUD.
  10. Doc Jim

I don't understand how people get their weapons locked, even the Lasher. I've been around since shortly after launch, and as far as I can remember, the only time my weapons got locked was when I was waging a personal war against a teamkiller. But if OP has such a broad and intense dislike of the game and its issues as a whole, then I suggest that he spends his time doing something else that he actually enjoys.
  11. LegendarySalmonSnake

Can't understand either. I've had to go out of my way and purposely teamkill/grief to get weapons locked. (4th faction teamkill prevention for example) The last time I got weapons locked was ~2 years ago when I road killed my own mana turrets repeatedly while using them as lifts.
  12. Zak Preston

ESFs have a physical model closer to a large quadrocopter, not a jet. Their top-speed is only 200-240 km\h which is ridiculous, even WWI airplanes could often boast faster flight speed :eek: