10 Worst Weapons?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Campagne, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Campagne

During a biolab defense, a few Vanu & NC and I were /yelling at each other for a while. I started it by complaining about the bug I made the thread about, then complained about how much I hate the Gladius, then it sort of just boiled down to us all complaining about what we thought the worst weapons in the game are.

So, I'm kinda curious what the actual worst weapons are, or at least opinions on what they are.

In my own opinion (including only the weapons I know well enough):
    1. Executive
    2. EM1
    3. Warden
    4. Gladius
    5. Underboss
    6. Railjack
    7. Magscatter
    8. Jackhammer
    9. Gauss Rifle Burst
    10. Stalker
    Mostly based on the weapons' ineffectiveness both in itself and compared to the other options available. I'm confident in the contents and order of this list, based on the weapon I feel I know well enough to assess.

Of all the weapons you've used, which 10 are the worst 10?
    • Up x 1
  2. Sazukata

I'm assuming the Candycannon and its kind aren't counted.

Your list looks about right. Personally I'd put the default semi-auto snipers somewhere on there.

Thought exercise: what would that list look like if nanoweave didn't exist? Things like the Underboss and battle rifles are especially affected by needing an extra shot (with no way of knowing if it's needed mid-engagement, too).
    • Up x 3
  3. Prudentia

Executive was the Directive pistol? those are just meh,but ok.
    EM1 Is a polaris with faster reload, no recoil angle, less horizontal recoil and more vertical recoil and slightly worse hipfire. the polaris is a great gun and the EM1 can be considered a straight upgrade for ADS players. just learn to fight between 10 and 25 meters where you'll still deal full 143 yamage while your enemy will already suffer from damage degradation
    Warden is pretty ok if you can land headshots. that 2 headshot kill can be hilarious if you manage to pull it off.
    While NC whine about gladius a lot it is the most used out of the 3 after the initial UA Surge for the Canis so it can't be all that bad to hipfire people down with 200 damage
    i really wish the underboss felt better,whenever i use it i feel like my bullets come out the barrel at a 90° angle
    wanna trade the railjack for the phaseshift? :p
    Magscatter is the best finisher pistol cause it can deal partial damage when your aim isn't perfect and you only get a few pellets on target. tho i wouldn't do a hegetus and main that gun.
    the Jackhammer is a BaronxClaw that you can switch between at will. ontop of that it is the best weapon of the 3 ES weapons. (tho Lasher is the most useful)
    Gauss Burst is the best of the Burst weapons
    Stalker is an Infiltrator carbine, go for headshots and use your cloak to engage on your terms.
    • Up x 3
  4. Eternaloptimist

I usually find that infantry weapons are as good or bad as my aim / lag / awareness :oops: but my only other contribution would be that auto scout rifles seem pretty redundant when you have a NS7PDW with foregrip.
  5. DarkStarAnubis

I would add the Emissary. As much as I have tried to love it, it takes ages to kill and the 1.5 HS multiplier does not help. You keep firing over and over but the enemy does not go down (ok maybe my aim sucks as well, but that's another topic).
  6. Hegeteus

I don't find weapons bad easily, but I have to say that Amaterasu kind of sucks butt. To fill the 160 kill quota I had to EMP everything I wanted to kill.

As the magscatter guy, I'll throw in the obligatory "not that bad". It needs the knife and fujin to make up for it's slowest firerate if you use it as stalker, but if you master these combos you can be very lethal. My practice never ends, but I hope I'll some day use this loadout in it's fullest potential
    • Up x 2
  7. Moz

I can get behind pretty much everything on that list.

The Warden however is more than serviceable for a marksman.

The Burst Rifles also have a place IMO. So so accurate.

Get ready to add the new NC LMG to that list OP! Looks like a worse EM1!
    • Up x 1
  8. Prudentia

just like the EM1 is an upgraded Polaris the Promise is a Pulsar LSW/SVA88 with more ammi, both of which are extremely effective weapons
    • Up x 2
  9. Rydenan

Honestly, the Burst variants are amazing. The DPS of a standard AR/Carbine, with the pinpoint accuracy of something like the NS-11.
    It's an incredibly powerful combo.
    • Up x 2
  10. Oleker2

I would like to place thew VS Serpent on the list... That gun is just torture.
  11. LtBomber1

Huh?
    It is one of the "to go" carbines! Do not ADS, just melt everything in cqc with super accurate hipfire and blazing ROF. Best use with ambusher, ofc.
  12. Prudentia

VX6-7 is better for that cause it has better hipfire and only slightly less DPS
  13. Jac70

Archer has to be on that list surely - absolute piece of junk that takes your primary and is good at precisely nothing.
    • Up x 4
  14. Liewec123

jackhammer?!
    you dare offend the King of all Shotguns?!

also there are some things missing!
    Beamer, without a clicking macro or epic twitchy finger it isn't very practical.
    Trap, nuff said.
    ALL lock on AA launchers, it takes 3-4 shots to kill an ESF, which takes well over 15 seconds, at any point the esf can simply fly away.
    Walker, it deals too little damage now compared to ranger for the skill required.

and ofcourse as Jac pointed out, Archer!

yep, it had a few weeks in the sun, and then was cast back into the shadows!
    crossbow with explosive bolts does more av damage, and its a damned secondary! :p
    • Up x 1
  15. Oleker2

Serpent can't hit a goddamn watermelon 10m away from it on hippife. You literaly spend 30 bullets for a chance on killing an oponent that is literally in your face. People say that serpent is the lynx equivalent... oh boy, trust me. The lynx is superior in every single category you can think about.

After I aurax the Zenith i'm going to the VX6-7... good to hear some positive feedback for it. That will be the last non-cash carabine for me.
  16. Sazukata

The Archer doesn't really excel at anything besides deleting MAXes, but it's meh to decent at everything. You dare not speak ill of The One True Primary™!
    Yes there was a time when it could 2-clip MBTs in the rear armor out to a decent range, but that was a bit much for an undodgeable long-range damage source. Of course a primary should theoretically outperform a rocket launcher, but the Archer is too multipurpose and too long-range to get away with dealing superior AV DPS.

The explosive crossbow (which I run on all non-Engineer classes) has pitiful effective range compared the the Archer due to its slow travel time and heavy drop, so it makes sense that it hurts more. It's fantastic for decking nearby Harassers, the multiplier is very high in this build (6 shots to kill I believe). It can also solo an unguarded + unshielded Sundy using the entire ammo reserve. So that's something if you happen to be a medic without C4 (or you used C4 to drop the shield and crossbow to plink it down).

In Dust 514, I mostly ran the Logistics suit (which had no sidearm in exchange for lots of equipment slots), so I'm used to making my lone primary count. Granted the explosive crossbow deals a hefty amount of damage on infantry, but the 1s equip time and slow travel time kills its viability as a backup weapon, so I'm better off going for a knife lunge or disengaging depending on the situation.
    • Up x 1
  17. raffa2

What the **** am i readin in this thread?
    People saying the Gladius or the emissary being bad? Guys what are you smoking?
    The gladius is one of the most used weapons right now on NC side, and that's not only due to the cool look, it punches... hard, it works at close and even medium range due to the huge damage model.
    Also the emissary is one of the most precise full auto pistols around, you can literally stop aiming and only shoot from the hip with it, it's like a mini NSX Tanto without recoil from aim down sights; you might consider it bad just because in comparison the commissioner is bullscythe OP, but the Emissary has a longer range reliability and can use silencers.
    • Up x 2
  18. The Shady Engineer

In no particular order:

Trac 5-S
    Trac-Shot
    Archer
    Tanto
    Warden and AMR 66
    Razor carbine
    Rebel pistol
    Hailst... err Failstorm
    Solstice. Most painful aurax to date
    Anti-infantry MANA turrets

Just my opinion, obviously. A lot of these aren't necessarily terrible per se, but I find there are other weapons that do their job better. For example the NS revolvers are flat out better than the Rebel in every aspect other than being able to equip suppressors. Razor is outshined by both the Mercenary as an all rounder and ACX 11 as a long range carbine etc..

And then there's the Solstice and Trac-S. :eek:
  19. Prudentia

The solstice is amazing with the fastest reload in the game, no recoil and good accuracy.
    many pistols take longer to reload than the Solstice
    it's only downside is it's low damage per mag which means you are forced into a playstyle that takes use of it's short reload by peaking, killing 1 to 2 targets and then quickly turning and reengaging with another full mag
  20. pnkdth

In no particular order:

Corvus. NC reject made by the derpiest of VS scientists.
    Ursa. Another brainchild of the derp science squad.
    Zenith. Doesn't do anything well.
    Manticore. Pointless VS pistol.
    Trac-5. The better you get the worse it gets.
    The Lasher. One of those weapons which tricks you into thinking it would be fun to use something different but after awhile you realize just how insignificant your little "tactical suppression" actually is and go back to using a weapon which actually achieves something.
    SAW S. Can't explain it but just feels wrong.
    CARV S. FALSE GOD OF DAKKA! GET IT AWAY FROM ME!
    Solstice S. I've never been so frustrated when using a weapon. Derpy recoil, horrible FSR and.... HULK SMASH.
    One-hit mode knives. One of the worst melee systems I've encountered. Zero weight, idiotic hit detection and range invites a session of frustrating moments where you feel cheated and sad. Even when you're doing well it feels like you've only punished yourself and others.

For the most part though, I quite like where the infantry game is right now. Even this "worst of..." lists doesn't mean they are useless.
    • Up x 1