Maintain K/D Above 1.5 With These Simple Tricks

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nejisaurus, Mar 9, 2016.

1. orangejedi829

Seriously, why even bother playing if you're only going to experience 0.001% of what the game offers? Sacrificing fun for the sake of K/D is just stupid, sorry.
    • Up x 1
  2. Wroth

Do be honest if your having fun and enjoying the game as I do, your K/D is gonna be just fine.
  3. Moz

Its certainly not worthless, but it is arbitrary at best!

For example, i could quite easily spend on month or two tanking in order to get my KD higher than it is now. Does this mean i have become a better or more skilled player? No of course it doesn't! All it means is that i decided i wanted my stats page to show a higher number so i used a force multiplier in order to farm infantry. It has no real reflection on players skill at all.

If you want to track your personal performance via KD, there is a graph in game that show your KD on any given day (can only be seen by you). This is good for what you claim, the KD on your stats page is not.
  4. juvilado

Well, ive been playing for some time (lv40) and im pretty bad at 1 vs 1 combat. So as ive read elsewhere, i had to fin my niche. So i avoid direct combat whenever i can, i try to be a vehicle's gunner, an engineer repairing armor, engineer deploying anti person mines near defending or just captured objectives, heavy weapon with anty tank or air rocket (whatever suits better).
    When i know close combat is unavoidable, i choose Heavy with armor and shotgun (close) or else, i activate armor bonus and go with aim on.
    I found the "night" scope is really useful in most of situations (except on shiny days and places).
    I mostly try to fight in battles with even or superiority.
    And whenever i can, i always stick to more experienced players and try to help them and follow their orders.

But as a post data, i have to say that, as a wolfenstein enemy territory veteran, sometimes i find this game really frustrating, because very often you have to walk/drive/fly more than 30 secs (or more than a minute!) to find action, just to be killed in a second. Thats not amusing at all!

Regards
  5. MonnyMoony

K/D is meaningless outside arena death match games because:

1. If you are revived by a medic - your death is removed. You can therefore maintain a good KDR not because of your skill, but because of the skill of the medic standing behind you.

2. It's far too easy to pad. Be a spawn room warrior, a long range sniper or just sit on a hill in an MBT and farm spawn points and your KDR will rocket.

3. If you play support classes in a supporting role - your KDR will likely plummet even though you may be helping the team far more than simply throwing yourself into the meat grinder.

4. The different classes in this game play very differently and have access to different weapons and equipment - therefore trying to read overall skill into a single statistic is futile unless you only ever play a single class with the same weapon types. Even then it's value is debatable due to the above factors and certainly can't be compared across players.
    • Up x 1
  6. Rydenan

THREAD, OH THREAD
    LONG SINCE DEAD
    ARISE TO HAUNT
    THESE FORUMS AGAIN
    • Up x 1
  7. Sade707

I have had way better K/D in bigger fights. Mainly because i am much less likely to avoid the meat grinder everyone loves to run into being NC. So with a decent squad and flanking I can do rather well.
  8. Iridar51

Yes, these tips will help keep the K/D. If you (the generic you!) is the kind of guy that gets a hardon by keeping an arbitrary number slightly elevated, that's definitely what you should do. You could also play a sniper infiltrator and never leave the spawnroom without a HESH tank or a AI MAX. That would elevate your K/D even higher. [serious]

EDIT: **** me for replying in 2016 thread. Why the hell was this necroed?
  9. Ziggurat8

Because the KDR debate can never R I P. It must live on for as long as Planetside2 allows players to kill each other.

Last necro'd KDR thread was from 2013.

It was still completely relevant and all the exact same things people have been saying about KDR since launch. It was actually kind of interesting to read.
  10. DarkStarAnubis

11. Icehole1999

I don’t know how many times I’ve said just what was talked about in that video. KDr means nothing. Absolutely nothing. You’re supposed to not care because you’re immortal.

KDr ****** take note. You’re doing it wrong. You should be playing CoD.
  12. DirArtillerySupport

Never get out of the boat, unless you’re..*cloak*
  13. ObiVanuKenobi

Only affects in-game tab screen, stats sites don't include medic revives.
  14. MonnyMoony

KDR is not comparative though.

How do you compare a character with a KDR of 3 versus one with a KDR of 1? Who is the better player?

You can't even compare KDR to yourself - unless you only play the same class with the same weapons in the same style.

My KDR graph is all over the place depending on whether i'm sniping, or LAing - this indicates to me that the class you play has a far bigger influence over your KDR than your skill within a class.
  15. DarkStarAnubis

KDR is the only comparative stats in game.

Comparative means it takes 2 (or more) data and compare them. In this case KDR compares Kills vs. Deaths.

You get no other in-game comparative stats, some examples:

How many alerts won vs. How many alerts lost
    How many bases successfully defended vs. How many bases lost
    How many bases successfully conquered vs. How many bases not conquered
    How many players successfully rezzed vs. How many players let die
    And so on

The meaningfulness of KDR is another issue... As it is it is garbage.
  16. MonnyMoony

Fair enough - I though what was meant by a comparative stat was that you could compare between players.

It doesn't compare kills vs deaths though - since medic revives remove deaths. What it's actually comparing is kills vs non-revived deaths. That's one of the reasons it's a garbage stat.

Even if everything else was equal between two players (same weapons, same class, same level of skill etc) - they could still have very different KDRs just because one hangs around with medics and the other doesn't.

There are so many factors that feed into the KDR stat in PS2 that trying to draw any conclusions from it is pointless.
  17. Shadowdev

#1 Avoid like the plague anyone worrying about their K/D all the time, it sucks the fun out of the game!
    • Up x 1
  18. TomoB

I don't even know where can I see KD of other players so I don't get it why some ppl wuss about it so much lol
  19. DirArtillerySupport

It's a realm locked deep in the design of the game or “lack thereof” that players that “got good” can't compete on so they dump on anyone that chooses to exist there. They beg those that refuse to come out and jump on their knives to see reason and git gud with everyone else.
  20. DemonicTreerat

In other words you're that guy who only plays HA or a spawn-room sniper because anything else lacks an I-Win button or 100% safety, waits for others do 90% of the work and all the risk before swooping in for the kill shot, and yells at other people for not taking points but never once can be found in the front of a push or defense. Oh and lets not forget that the moment the fight gets tough hits the redeploy button.

Yep, typical useless ****** trying to use a pointless "stat" he does everything this side of not outright banned to pad to make himself feel important. And probably one of those guys everyone has on ignore.