[Suggestion] Repurpose MAX weapons as Heavy Guns for HA

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Icehole1999, Jan 14, 2018.

1. LordKrelas

MAX weapons are geared for their DPS & capability being split between two weapons.
    Orions are built for a single instance.

So they'd be fully superior when duplicated, unlike MAX weapons which is why matching weapons is superior to multiple types.
  2. Kiddneey

Yes. I was being facetious.

Also, MAX weapons do crap DPS, and splitting capability between weapons is a no-no. Successful MAX play pairs two similar weapons - double AI, double AV, double AA. Splitting your types is asking for trouble and makes you very vulnerable to all infantry.

As an aside, I'd love a two-handed MAX weapon, like an uprated LMG with similar capability. That's what the Gorgon should have been IMO.
    • Up x 1
  3. strikearrow

What really needs to happen is for Maxes to be able to carry 2 of any HA primary, secondary or rocket weapon.
  4. Ziggurat8

Most AI guns are far worse than most LMG's. Scat MAXs are the exception, I could see using a Grinder or Mattock as a HA, though I could probably make the case that the Jackhammer is still better.

As for trading an LMG for a MAX AV/AA weapon...ummm...well...yeah I guess you could do that. But seriously that would leave you with a pistol to defend yourself against the most common planetside2 unit. Infantry. Not to mention that a single burster or AV MAX weapon is pretty ******* bad by itself.

You really need to double the damage of every MAX weapon to make it worthwhile. Hence why you don't see MAXs mixing AI and AV or AV and AA unless they're low BR and can't afford a matching weapon.

Overall I think using a single MAX arm as a HA would leave you pretty ineffective.
    • Up x 1
  5. Icehole1999

No funny guy, that’s not what it means.
  6. Prudentia

2 Blueshifts: 732 rpm, 143 damage, 1° cof, 0.06 bloom
    we already have the Orion on the max, you just can't ADS it
  7. Ziggurat8

Which sucks because the blue shift has no damage fall off if I remember correctly. ADS would be insane.