Can older weapons get updated models?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UberNoob1337101, Jan 21, 2018.

1. UberNoob1337101

Most of the newer weapons have significantly more details and better graphical quality.

However, there are quite a bit of old weapons that have models that aren't very different from other weapons, and IMO there's definitely a noticeable gap between old and new weapons.

The updated models don't have to be anything big, but I'd at least appreciate it. This might be a good change in the long run, because the Old vs New weapon model difference will probably grow over time, and so the difference will become too big to just gloss over.
    And if the main selling point of new weapons are updated models, why not make high-quality models for already-existing guns?
    • Up x 4
  2. Campagne

Yes! Please!

Like they did with the Rebel and EM6 & ES equivalents.
    • Up x 3
  3. Icehole1999

That would be great.
  4. Prudentia

haven't you been around launch? back then every faction had 2 weapon models. and then they reworked them so all weapons had atleast a tiny thing that made them look different.
  5. Oleker2

As far as I know, Doku has a limited contract with DBG for 5 sets of weapons (15 in total)... After that he would be going his own way.
  6. SupaFlea

what ever happened to the M14 rifle model they had for TR pre Beta, always likes that one. be perfect for a battle rifle
  7. Liewec123

to their credit they have been updating weapon models over time,
    like basilisk walker and ranger received new models,
    all max AI weapons got new looks etc
    • Up x 1
  8. Ziggurat8

What we need is weapon cosmetics the way vehicles have cosmetics.

2 birds with 1 stone.

You could upgrade the weapon skin of an older model AND charge people for it.

Sounds, neon kits, chainsaw underbarrel skin....oh yeah!
  9. OneShadowWarrior

This has been long overdue on all the original weapons on every level for all the empires. I’ll site a few examples of just bad development on SOE’s part and we wonder why Daybreak is coming to the rescue?

Examples:

1. Minichaingun looks horrible and cosmetically speaking feels like your firing a high powered nail gun.

2. Gauss rifles like the NC Godsaw, cosmetically looks clunky and fires like any other Gauss rifle and does not feel unique.

We can go back and forth at how many of the original weapons need cosmetic overhauls from the originals. From sounds, to handling, etc. etc. etc.

Another thing that shocks me is that they haven’t come up with more ingenius attachments from buttstocks, barrels, clip variants, more laser variants, grips, sights, ammo types and so many more attachment choices.
    • Up x 1