High RPM guns wrecked by framerate?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Okjoek, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Okjoek

https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside...imit_rpm_test_spoiler_its_quite_a_difference/
    My buddy showed me this Reddit Post last night and I never realized this was even a thing.

Being a TR player this kind of makes me wonder if I'm actually getting the advertized RPM on some of my high RPM guns.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/5meifs/fps_affecting_rof_in_ps2_2017/dc3el8f/
    On this post it shows a table of the % difference of RoF between High frame and low frame systems on various guns and clearly the lower the RoF the less you are affected by this.

Curious how burst weapons behave because I really like my SABR and Trac-5 Burst. Glad I'm proficient with shotguns though ;).
  2. Pat22

NC confirmed best faction by engine limitations.
    • Up x 3
  3. Liewec123

Yep it's a sad fact unfortunately.
    Even with my 1080ti I still run the game on low when I plan on playing with MCG.
  4. Liewec123

well this is the reason that 3x burst mode on Jackhammer SUCKS!
    pop 3xburst on an enemy and they survive with most of their health...
    most of the time i find 3x burst mode does LESS damage than single fire XD
  5. Mefi

6. Moz

Its always an interesting one for me this.

So yes you get a SLIGHT RPM drop. You may go from 800 to 795 RPM? Or are there places where we see a more severe drop in RPM? When does this actually apply to any meaningful fight though?

In my mind, this is ONLY really going to be a problem when you are in a true 1 v 1? I mean I'm running 60FPS in big fights and my GD7F is having no issue messing people up!? Its not like it suddenly start firing like an ACX-11 or something?

Its always something that I toy around with the ACTUAL implications of this. Anyone educate me a little?
  7. CaptCran

O so true. Back in the days of playing on my laptop of a potato, one of my fellow planetmates and I switched to TR for the first time. Got the Lynx and were in awe by the speed . When we were defending a base I realized when we were suppressing fire he was finishing clips a lot faster than me. We went back to warp and had races finish clips. He would finish at least 15 rounds faster. Sucked. And then after GU 13 it made it impossible to complete with guns. I was either forced to provide support or take a break till I got a decent computer. Was a big bummer:(