[Suggestion] Subscription/Micro Transaction Revision: Loot Boxes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UltimatePowa, Dec 27, 2017.

1. UltimatePowa

If I can buy a gun, it's still Pay-To-Win.

While Planetside 2 is one of the more reasonable Pay-To-Win games out there, and the only one I've ever dumped money into, it is still Pay-To-Win, as there are items that can improve a players performance, that have to be purchased.

Even allowing items to be purchased as an alternative is still Pay-To-Win in some regards.
  2. LordKrelas

Then it's pointless to add.
    Any paying customer would see their paid-for-cosmetics as reduced value unless the RNG on the boxes were complete ****e.
    And would mean people would have less motive to subscribe given fancy cosmetics are the few things paying users can get.
    It's a nice, non-combat affecting perk.

Not to mention, You listed this lootbox insanity right after saying Subs need vehicles at their call at all times, while non-subs need to be unable to drive..
    Without realizing the difference between a Max unit, a MBT, an ESF and any infantry class..
    Three of those are force-multipliers with armor, speed, damage, health or similar advantages.
    One of those is basically mulched by all three easier than sin - There is walls around bases not to keep infantry in you know.

Guns in PS2 are side-grades of each other.
    Each is available to anyone, outside of identical models with a special cosmetic.
    It's a skin of a gun, easily available, that isn't superior to the rest.

Guess what: Every gun in PS2, isn't a better model: it's a weapon built for a different purpose.
    It's better at one thing, worse at another.
    The Default weapons are just as functional & capable as any other gun for that class.
  3. Sazukata

-Thinks lootboxes somehow equalizes players' skill levels
    -Denounces P2W but suggests only letting subscribers use force multipliers without limit
    -Thinks PS2 is P2W due to the existence of functionally identical reskinned weapons being DBC-only
    -Doesn't seem to realize we already have an untradeable gameplay feature locked behind RNG with the current implant system
    -Doesn't realize this is a game of sidegrades, with the only straight upgrades being certs-only
    -Thinks lootboxes somehow takes away a paying player's faster progression advantage, when it in fact magnifies it

Look, I'm a really non-confrontational person and I prefer to avoid getting an attitude, but you need to be at least somewhat in touch with logic and reality if you want to have any semblance of a meaningful discussion.
    • Up x 4
  4. Tankalishious

NO!!!!!!!
    You don't have a God damn clue what pay2win is.
    Scenario:
    We meet on the battlefield(building for infantry play for ex), I kill you a couple of times in a row. You turn full madbro, go to the shop and blow cash to get a BETTER gun than un-subbed little poor me can get for free. Then you use that advantage to win.
    THAT is pay2win.

In planetside 2 the world is different.
    1. All stock infantry weapons are VERY good weapons and all other guns you can get is sidegrades, situationally better or worse, or to a slight degree rewards skill.
    2. Planetside 2 is AT BEST, a pay2get-ahead-for-2-to-5-hours. And then again address point 1 about sidegrades etc.
    3. I as a non paying customer CAN GET EXACTLY THE SAME GUNS PERFORMANCE WISE as a paying customer. All I have to do is grind my easy 200 certs an hour for 2 to 5 hours. So what if some guy wants to blow real money on the gold version of a ns-15, or a yumi, or whatever. IT HAS NO PERFORMANCE INCREASE over the gun I can get for a few hours of work.... NONE....

MONEY DOESN'TGIVE YOU A PERFORMANCE EDGE OVER NON PAYING CUSTOMERS IN THIS GAME!
    • Up x 2