Alerts

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by stalkish, Dec 16, 2017.

1. stalkish

Something need to change, alert after alert after alert, no1 tries to stop them before they start, and i mean no1.
    No1 tries to stop them once they start, anyone who cares about alerts switched to the winning side.
    Just played through 2 alerts, prime time saturday afternoon and watched the pop levels swich to whoever triggered the alert both times, with both alerts being won pratically unoppossed.

Boring gameplay, wanted to have a decent session but its hard when no1 else gives 2 flying *****, on any of the factions.
    • Up x 2
  2. adamts01

Just give the game a break and see if things get better later on. ISO farming, cross-faction colluding, Purgatory, aim-assist SMGs, nothing but zergs.... Never been a better time to take a breather. I was thinking about dropping another $100 on the game but put that towards a new cow instead. It's about to have a calf any day now. I think I'll get some chickens too. I've got the space and it would save money because I eat chicken every other day, and eat a few eggs a day. I've got this little house in the mountains where the cow is but it's a ***** to get water up from the spring. No real steps and it's muddy most of the time. I'm thinking about building a ram pump to at least get drinking water halfway up the hill. I could even build a second one to bring it up all the way if it actually works. That would make life better. Fewer zergs would make life better too, but I don't see that happening any time soon.
  3. Ziggurat8

My crew stopped an Alert, triggered our own and locked the continent. Almost 600 ISO total. It was epic.

But yeah. For the most part the new 2/1 double team the Alert initiator just doesn't happen. The faction avoiding the double team triggers the Alert and wins the Alert.

Players don't change fights or tactics or lanes based on Alerts. All the new Alert system does is lock continents MUCH faster. Typically continent gets locked in less than 90 minutes now. Not sure if that's what was intended or not but that's what happens.
  4. Ziggurat8

WTF?
  5. Eternaloptimist

I was on Hossin a couple of days ago and none of the factions built Hives so the little-to-mid size battles just went on and on. It is stretching things to believe there was a cross faction agreement not to lock the continent but whatever the reason, I found myself thinking there was no real purpose to the fighting after a while.............
  6. Dealman

I agree. I came back to check out some of the new stuff, and while I'm able to have a bit more fun now than I did some years ago - I think this new alert system is absolute trash.

3 out of 4 continents are 90% of the time locked. It's been weeks since I was able to play Esamir which is my favourite continent. And while I do like all, having the option to only play one at a time gets rather dull.

It really doesn't feel as though this was executed all that well.
  7. JobiWan

Probably the day when cortium mining was broken and Hossin was the only continent available.
  8. Eternaloptimist

Oh right - thanks for that.
  9. Lizare

You mean 400? 100 for the faction who have the more territory if the alert fail + 300 for the alert victory.
  10. csvfr

For the last 5 alert wins I've got nothing but experience boosts...

Anyhow I share your frustration witnessing my faction engage in large fights against the other, non-initiating faction, practically handing over the continent on a silver platter to the alert-starters. So I've thought on some ideas that could help mitigate the issue:
    1. Auto-lock continent when it is theoretically impossible to prevent the initiators to win. The notion 'theoretically impossible' is based on the fact that every base takes 4 minutes or so to capture, and the next bases in the lattice can only start to be captured afterwards, and so on. Therefore sometimes it is apparent that the initiators will win/lose before the timer hits 0.
    2. Highlight the ''important'' bases to capture on the map w.r.t. the above, when the base must be captured, alternatively priorities, etc. For example if there is 5 minutes left in an alert where the initiators have a large lead, but capturing one base in particular would cut off enough territory to make them lose, then mark that for all to see + message in GUI, especially if capturing every other open base would be insufficient.
    3. Redirect forces using the 'Join Combat' spawn option to fight the initiating faction.
  11. Lizare

There's a lot of things to say about the alert:
    1. The 25k cortium are a pain, only a few players want to start a base because you have to invest a lot of cert to survive more than 1mn against an attack and you earn barely nothing with it. Even with that, if there's nobody to protect it, your base stay alive 5~10mn.
    2. The reward to stop an alert is pretty low and it's only for the faction with the most territories. Funny moment, 15mn before the end of the alert the faction who started the alert was at 32. So, the 2 others started to fight each other for the 100 iso reward, in the very last seconds the first one managed to reach 36 and locked the continent! Less funny, yesterday we managed to stop the alert but in the meantime the 3° faction didn't do anything to stop it and ghostcapped our bases, they got the 100iso.
    3. I think that the fact that nobody care about the alert is a good thing, with 2/3 of the players against you, how do you want to win an alert? It's your reward for the 25k cortium xD