@Planetside Staff - Will there be a Black Friday Sale on DBC?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Harry Beavers, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Harry Beavers

I'm curious if we are getting a sale on DBC or any other stuff on Friday. I'm hearing mixed info from players in game and wanted to get an official response.

Cheers!
  2. LUCAGRABACR

I don't think the DBC itself would go on sale, but they usually reduce the price of items if they ever put on a sale.
  3. Icehole1999

The devs said no. Are you surprised?

I'm not. Every move they make is geared toward making you spend more money. I can't tell you how many times I've got kicked lately for getting too many points with ammo packs. I've never played a game where I get kicked for being too good at a class. But you know what? If I'm getting a thousand certs in a day I won't need to buy BC so we can't have that.

Or this **** with putting 400% points on a Friday. Of course we can't have paying members getting that many points, so let's just put that on a Friday when they're at work ( I understand people work weekends too, but double XP is always on a weekend. So like I said....)

I bet less than 10% of the PS4 players want CAI or implants, but we're getting them regardless. Why? To sell RNG loot boxes! That most of us don't want them doesn't matter.

Basically, any time you have a question about this game, look at it from a profit margin perspective.
    • Up x 1
  4. Harry Beavers

Do you have a source that shows the devs saying no?

I haven't seen any official statement by them here or on reddit. So far the general consensus in game has been yes there is usually some kind of deal on DBC this time of year.
  5. iPervy

The Daybreak team hasn't done a deal on actual Daybreak cash since it's initial 1-2 years of Planetside as SOE. They've gone on record saying they saying they would not make a sale on DBC any time in the future pretty much ever again as it messes up something in their system or a plethora of different reasons from it causing them to lose money or cause hostility through player complaining (I'm just listing possible reasons, they only say putting a sale on DBC messes things up on their end officially).

So in other words no, there will not be any sale on DBC, and the general consensus is that there hasn't been a sale for years now on it. That said I'm not sure if they may do something else for black friday, but what that is I have no idea. Could be just a 2x exp weekend, a bundle, or nothing at all.

Also as much as I wish I could cite the devs say this, its to much work for me to do so ahha, but I promise you can take my word on them not lowering the price on Daybreak Cash.
  6. JobiWan

It was on the Reddit AMA the other day, a firm no.

There's 40% off all infantry & vehicle gear though from tomorrow.
  7. Pelojian

they don't do 2x and 3x sales anymore, because back then you could buy EQ2 expansions and membership extremely cheap directly for SC, all you had to do was buy SC during 2x and 3x events, you could then buy expansions for 1/3rd of the actual price and if you waited even longer for them to put a sale later on membership you could get years worth of membership extremely cheap.

they are not going to discount DBC and open themselves up to a massive loss like that again.

they'll discount marketplace/depot items but never SC/DBC itself ever again.
    • Up x 1
  8. iPervy

Thanks for the incite, bud! I actually remember people doing this earlier in the release of PS2, but never took part imyself so I never really knew the nuances of how it was done back then. Appreciate you sharing.