for the 1000th time, PLEASE FIX FOURTH FACTIONERS.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Purp, Nov 8, 2017.

1. AirSuicide

Apparently you responded without reading what I wrote..... I was not suggesting, server caps or faction caps. I was saying they were removed already, and would most likely NOT be re added. I realize your busy, but it seems more and more you all don't actually read what we write.

Would explain quit a few issues with the game. You all need to slow down, and actually read, what is written by your members.
  2. adamts01

I can only guess that you think limiting players to 1 faction per server was a better system. In a free game, you could just open 3 accounts and bypass that imposed limit. Am I misunderstanding your original post?
    • Up x 1
  3. AirSuicide

Why would you assume that's what I meant? I was responding to someone else that suggested it, informing them it was removed for a reason. I am well aware of the reasons it was removed. I was the one who first Suggested removing that feature as it was pointless and useless, and wasted resources, as well as discouraged population at a time where the game sorely needed more players.

Like I said, You all need to slow down, and READ what players write before you respond or Nurf crap, or fix stuff.
  4. adamts01

You see the novels people write on here. Please forgive me for skimming. Maybe use the reply function in the future so the guy knows you replied and your comment would make more sense.
  5. DarkStarAnubis

Your solutions prevent people from doing things and go against the concept of having 3 toons (non subscribers) or 6 toons (subscribers). Not all the servers provide the same ping/latency and PS2 itself, when you create a new toon, DOES NOT offer all the available servers but only recommended (good ping) ones.

What about instead a mechanism that encourages players to stay in the same faction they logged in first when the alert started?
    Example: "you get 50% MORE reward (the win alert reward or the loose alert reward, depending on the alert outcome) if you remain in the faction, you get 50% LESS reward if you switch"
  6. adamts01

Again, free game. What's to stop me from having 3 separate accounts to farm alerts?
  7. DarkStarAnubis

Nothing. of course (it is a free game)

But if you have an allaccess account your clustered toons benefits from 48 certs/day, extra XP boost and approx. 500 DBG cash per month so you can buy extra weapons, camo or whatever you like.

If you have a free account you have already toons in which you invested certs/DBG cash in equipment and weapons.

With the mechanism I proposed, your EXISTING toons will benefit from not switching and keep what they have (certs/DBG cash/weapons/XP/...)

By creating a new toon just for farming alert, you may/will get a bit more ISO-4 but loose everything else.

It is not a constraint, it is dissuasion.
  8. TR5L4Y3R

were should dbg get the budget much less the manpower from?
    a ps 3 with how ps2 and before that ps 1 performed
    you realise both games are superniche titles and didn't have realy all that much advertisment to them bringing in a healthy ammount of people in comparison to games such as cod, cs or battlefield ... then you got to consider the ammount of work and time that went into this project and compared to its gains ...

simply put i am just not convinced that ps2 was anywhere near profitable enough to warant a ps3 anytime soon in the near future ... like 5 years or a decade from now ...

it's not just a simple matter of "oh we now know what we did wrong so next time we do better!"

just starting over from a very ambitious fpsgame that imo performed rather mediocre than decent in this day and age?
    i just don't see this as realistic ... and then you have to consider how their other games performed ... what bout everquest or dc online?
  9. adamts01

Who says it has to be Daybreak? If the price is right then buying the rights to Planetside and having a small but loyal fanbase from the start would be worth it. And I don't think it's such a niche game, it was at the top of Steam as one of their most popular free games for quite some time. If they found a way to incentivise players to fight more competitively then I think the game would even pick up again. With the success of FTP games these days, and the longevity of that revenue stream, achieving and maintaining such a position on Steam is pretty good accomplishment that investors will look back to.
  10. TR5L4Y3R

even less realistic to happen in the next decade .. at best the ip gets bought and the owner just sits on it ...
    pray that EA never get´s its toxic claws on it ..
  11. Killer Medic

Or Nexon or Gamingo/Aeria...
  12. HAXTIME

Now that's not a good point, IMO. If you get reward boost for playing more on the same faction, you would have to do triple multiboxing to consistently keep harvesting alert rewards at the current pace. So contrary to punishing faction switching, rewarding faction loyalty (perhaps not the best word, see below) could actually work.

You get increasingly more ISO-4 rewards the more you have been playing your current faction in one pass, and the additional bonus gradually resets when offline, perhaps over the duration of 20-30 minutes. Simple as that. While this does not put an immediate end to faction hopping, it does strongly reward those who have been sticking with their side both before and for the duration of the alert.
  13. adamts01

I think I'm better grasping what you're shooting for. I'd be down for a temporary faction loyalty thing, maybe a session long thing. I just don't want to have to choose 1 faction for the long run for an account.
  14. HAXTIME

I've been thinking around ~1 or ~2 hours to build up a 100% bonus, but it does not increase during an alert, only before one.

This would greatly reward those who were present in building up an alert victory, and also reward those who stood by their side and did not switch to another faction just for the alert (since a 100% bonus increase would yield 100 ISO-4 even when losing, which is the same one would get when hopping onto the winning side most of the time).

Would this eradicate faction hopping? No, but it would certainly increase the charm of sticking with your side.
    • Up x 1
  15. adamts01

That sounds good for 1 hour before an alert. I'd actually bump it up to 200% at the 2 hour mark. Would that also stack on the winning side? If so, they could cut the winning alert reward to 150 ISO, so loyalists would be getting the same 300 ISO and super loyalists would be getting 450. I'm really digging this idea of yours.
    • Up x 1
  16. Lord_Mogul

With the options of either sitting in quere and (not) getting a bonus or switching to a facion I bare know anybody and not getting a bonus....
    • Up x 1