{Suggestion} Open more continents.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Silkensmooth, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Silkensmooth

We had a huge wind storm in Maine last night, and the power is out pretty much statewide and so no work today. Of course living in the hinterlands we lose power a lot, so i have a generator.

So i log in on a monday morning to play a little, and im stuck in the vr for at least 12 mins as a MEMBER.

No one should have to sit in VR in a queue for 10 mins. It was bad enough when we had to sit on the off continent.

On connery we almost NEVER have 2 continents going at once. This means you need to merge servers.
    • Up x 1
  2. strikearrow

Go try Briggs - always only 1 continent and usually only 50 people on the entire server... Merger or closer needs to happen.
    • Up x 1
  3. stalkish

Couldnt agree more, 1 server for US 1 server for europe, do it daybreak.

But for some reason most people around this forum treat you as if youve just forced yourself on their daughter for suggesting the idea.
    I came here for large scale warfare, i want to look at the global map and decide which cont needs me. I want to see alerts drag people from one cont to another. I want to suddenly be overwhelmed with friendlies and / or enemies because another cont just locked.
    • Up x 4
  4. Lamat

Pumpkin hunting champion server :p
  5. TerminalT6

A few times I've logged in on or around prime time (Emerald) and just haven't been able to leave VR within a reasonable time, so I just quit.
    Don't see how that helps the game.
    • Up x 2
  6. Lamat

That would be epic, and would make the new single US server have a huge primetime window for people to play.

I wonder about ping times for east versus west though, aren't the servers geographically located per region?

Would probably want to give Asia their own server though, or merge them with Briggs to make it the Asia Pacific server?
  7. Pikachu

Maybe shrink continent playable space instead of locking them.
    [IMG]
  8. Lamat

I do think it's better to just open another continent and let them ghost-cap than to force players to stay in VR, switch faction or quit. I just don't think that's healthy for player retention. Yeah, you can just tell people "You shouldn't play the overpop faction and add to the problem", but not everyone is going to roll another character, many will just play another game and that's bad for everyone.

More players bring more players. What starts as a ghost capping continent turns into a real war. We just need to look at the reward system, and alert initiation requirements so overpop aren't getting overly rewarded just for being overpopped, and that there are good reasons to keep playing when you are underpopped. Even the current XP bonus for underpop is very underwhelming, what if you got bonus ISO from alerts when underpopped too?

They even recently increased the population threshold required for another continent to unlock which made this VR purgatory worse.
    • Up x 4
  9. Lamat

OR this would be a good use for a battle island, it only unlocks when there are not enough people for a full continent.

OR let factions in VR fight each other in some kind of shared VR combat area where the deaths/kills don't count, so it's also a good place to REALLY train experimental tactics without consequence. Then you could train in this area until your time in the queue comes
    • Up x 3
  10. Xada

I'm for the battle islands idea. Off-continents are going to have very few players, throw em all on a small map so they can all group up and have some good battles while they wait to be sent to the activated cont.
    • Up x 2
  11. RockPlanetSide2

This is the only suggestion that is needed. The maps are too big for the player base most of the day anyway, not every fight is a prime-time zerg fest.

Get this done.
    • Up x 2
  12. strikearrow

I've done the exact same on Connery. My other 2 toons are on Briggs Br 82 and 97 - not just going to delete them...
  13. Blam320

What we really need to do is reinvest in Operation: Make Game Faster, and then a new ad campaign. We need to make ourselves look as enticing as possible, to attract new players and vets who quit for one reason or another.
    • Up x 1
  14. Silkensmooth

Just sat in VR for nearly an hour. I dont even know if i want to bother logging on anymore.

Ended up logging out and coming here lol.

I'd rather be playing the game. And on the character i want to play.
    • Up x 2