Question: How to play sounds others can hear in game ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zavatun, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Zavatun

I already have PS2DJ which allows me to play certain sounds or music in game,initiated by certain triggers, ie kills etc, but I sometimes hear other peoples sounds, music etc playing. Would this be coming over their mic, or ios there a program that allows you to play a triggered sound in game that other people can hear. I have a quirky techno distortion sound hat I would love to be able to igger on a kill. Does anyone know how I can do this ?
  2. Lucidius134

PS2 DJ would play stuff over your mic

the Recursion Stat Tracker can play sound effects on events such as kills, max kills, roadkills, rage quits, etc that play only to you and are personalized. (Use this)

Spamming music's a fast track to getting muted b/c all it takes is a keypad button to mute whoever's mic is going.
    • Up x 1
  3. LordKrelas

Likely Proximity Chat.
    And it's for allies only.

So no, you can't play custom sounds for your enemy to hear.
    • Up x 1
  4. Zavatun

It's a shame we don't have a bit more choice over the voice commands, ie, what you say when you press V & 6 for taunt.
    "Does not compute" is kinda lame for the sentinel voicepack, and I keep getting called "kid" by TR's, and I'm nearly 60, lol.
    • Up x 1
  5. Zavatun

... I love how the sentinel says "ouch" when he gets hit though :D
    • Up x 1
  6. The Rogue Wolf

Just as a counterpoint, I'd like to remind people that hitting the keypad Enter key will automatically mute anyone broadcasting over proxy voice near you, which is good when someone is playing annoying music or sound clips. :D
    • Up x 1
  7. Lamat

I can't even hear my own character voicepack, an ongoing bug.
  8. stalkish

https://ragbinder.deviantart.com/art/VGS-soundboard-288692906
    This is what planetside 1 had.............isnt the advancement in gaming great :(

EDIT: This may be the wrong soundboard....LOL think this is the tribes one, but PS1 was almost exactly the same.