ISO4 and implants

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jbeasty, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Humoreske

Charactor of NC, gained about 1000 ISO in a week.
    Charactor of VS, gained about 1000 ISO in a half a day.
    What a wonderful balance. Reward gap is s**t.
  2. RockPlanetSide2

Not sure what to tell you kids.

They are not free, they should not be free. If I want to drop $70 for instant gratification on a Tier5 so be it, that does not mean that you should have to grind any less than 6 months to a year to get your implant to Tier 5. Get over it and stop whining like a fat baby.

Some things in the game have to be money oriented, you dumb *** kids just have to understand its what keeps the game going... just stop whining.
    • Up x 1
  3. Humoreske

yep...current upgrade cost is not bad.
    DBG should fix reward of alart gap widening war potential difference.
  4. CaptCran

Would be interesting if people just stopped using implants all together in protest of this matter to show which side is stronger but that will never happen. Don't use construction and just go back to battling the old school way. The players have the power, but some people will not follow through with protests.... Going to see if these implants really affect my game play and remove them for a week. I'll let you posters know how it works out. As for construction, I really haven't built **** recently so it's not tough to restrict usage of it.
  5. Vortok

The system itself sounds like it's intended to be a secondary grind to the BR grind. Would make more sense if doing the two together.

The reward disparity and how it incentives stacking a faction does sound problematic, but that's really just a simple numbers tweak to resolve.
  6. Silkensmooth

I have spent at LEAST 60k certs, since i started counting, on implant packs. I have all of the implants except the infil and light assault implants. Kinda sucks spending all your certs to get an implant. Meanwhile i have gotten 6 or 7 heavy assualt implants...
  7. breeje

late response, work and stuff
    i never used implants in the old system, saved everything
    i had something like 900 chargers and close to a 100 ultra chargers, can't remember the middle charger but it was a really high number + all those double implants, everything was converted to ISO4
  8. adamts01

I spent about $400 last year, my first year in the game, partly to get these implants that were game changers. I got completely screwed with duplicate after duplicate and don't even have ammo printer on one of my factions that I only use vehicles with. That's pretty ****** no matter how you slice it, and it's enough for me to say **** you to Daybreak and keep my money flowing in to other games besides this one. Not everyone with a complaint wants something for free.
  9. RockPlanetSide2

So in your mind if you spend $400 in one year you should have all the implants and need nothing else from DBG?

Paying for a person to work for one week at even an industry slave wage is `$1000 after matching/taxes...

There are real numbers involved with life that don't care about how much you spent, not to be a ****, but reality is reality.
  10. ElricVIII

Upgrade should work on a different scale. Use duplicates to upgrade: level 1-2 costs 1 dupe, level 2-3 costs 2 dupes, level 3-4 costs 4, level 4-5 costs 8.

That requires a total of 15 dupes plus the original 1. This costs 8000 iso, but RNG essentially diffuses that.
  11. RockPlanetSide2

Again, that is not the purpose of implants, the purpose is to make money... the purpose is not for you to have what you want.
  12. adamts01

What's ****** up is making an investment in a given system, then having what you essentially purchased swapped for something else entirely, leaving you not much to show for your investment. Would you be happy paying for a diesel and driving off the lot with a gas engine? Similar to the thermal optic re-purpose, it's just not right to do that to a customer. As far as $400, haha, yeah, that should be more than enough to have anyone in a ftp game well taken care of. Seriously, compare that to a AAA title.... I don't care what numbers you throw out there, if every player in this game forked over even a quarter of that then Sony never would have sold this heap. I don't really give a **** about money, and a few hundred isn't anything to cry about, it's the principle of it all, and after how they've handled themselves I can't justify spending any more or recommend anyone else do the same. I get that things change and evolve, but that thermal nerf.... the lack of a refund on that was just inexcusable. I'm happy to support any product I use, I'm not cheap, just not this one any more. I don't know how much of this makes sense, it's almost 3am.