[BUG] Why can't I enter a locked continent!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OpolE, Oct 5, 2017.

1. OpolE

We had this update!

I want to as "TR" enter my "TR continent" to check for enemies! + Look around.

Ok then If I can't get on my continent then the enemy can't (WHERES THE PS1 LOGIC with this update?)

GO DOWN AND CHECK MY SIG for the real game.
  2. ObiVanuKenobi

Because the content is "locked".
    What would you do in an empty continent with no enemies? It would be a noob trap, new players could go there, think the game is dead and quit. Yes, some people are that stupid.
  3. SenEvason

Is the only reason you made this thread to promote your videos?
    • Up x 2
  4. Sazukata

Actually, that is their obnoxiously large signature.

Seriously OpolE, a simple link will do. :p
  5. OpolE

Not just promoting here

I just can't wrap my head around why if you own something you can't use/touch/enter the planet.

PS1 had enemies making secret hacks on things until the continent opened up and everyone was like OHHH SHEEET! Let's go they are getting CYSSOR!
  6. MichaelMoen

No one can enter a locked continent, you, nor enemy players. When its locked its locked.
  7. Vamperial

This only happened because you could drain a base in PS1, lattice connection between continents\planets, and had a larger\better strategic meta game. PS2 doesn't have this and will probably never have it. Therefore, there is no reason to allow people to go where they wouldn't be helpful or as other said newbies going to a locked cont and thinking the game is dead because no one is there.
    • Up x 1
  8. Jac70

I always thought that the faction that locked a continent should have free access to it. Not that there is a lot you could do there, you could have a Harasser race, do some stunts in an ESF. Do some squad training or exploration. I guess the only downside is it would dilute the server population.