Alert Too short. No one cares about Devs on Reddit.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheMerc, Oct 2, 2017.

1. TheMerc

If Devs think Reddit is key to success,, your misinformed. The only thing that matters is non reddit comms bout this game. On reddit, u can be banned for speaking your mind. here, u need to break the rules. Wake up Werl!
    • Up x 1
  2. Pikachu

"Werl" :D
    • Up x 8
  3. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Please don't break the forum rules here. It makes me sad when that happens. Thanks.
    • Up x 3
  4. OgreMarkX

Dev reliance / fascination with Reddit and Twitter killed the EQ Next community. But that was ok as DBG's design focus of making Everquest Next nothing more than Minecraft Next killed that game before the community died.

Reddit is fun for server community (aka players) banter. And Twitter is for twits.
    • Up x 5
  5. Diilicious

WERL, i am lol'ing...
    • Up x 3
  6. Rydenan

Well he is right in that Reddit is nothing more than an echo chamber for funny gifs and Planetside memes.
    It's the opposite of a forum, in every sense of the word.
    • Up x 1
  7. Moisture

The forum is a lot more active but its still kinda dead.
    Very little actually balance discussion on it. To be honest there isnt much at all.

This game is dead on the forums and the YouTube largly in terms of discussion and commentary.
    Its no wonder why the devs come up with strange balancing decisions when they are hardly ever discussed anywhere for them to take and kinda of influence.

WIsh this game had a larger youtube presence. That would foster a lot more community feedback.
  8. ObiVanuKenobi

You're trolling right?
  9. OgreMarkX

Actually many people have brought attention to what is wrong and what current design will do in the future in this forum.

Example is feedback on the new alert system.

But reaction time is glacial at DBG.

But yes, DBG got used to using Reddit/Twitter as an echo chamber (this was the SOE days). The designers used those places as fame-sites and convinced themselves their pet projects had merit.

Case in point: MLG.
    • Up x 1
  10. ALTRego

LOL@MLG... reddit never took the place of the forums for me, as for Devs, I just stopped caring long ago.

Yea 30mins too short for Alerts.

Need the old spawn option from PS1 days back, Pattern Memory Panels. You had one more spawn option only you had to be at the last point to use it. Small panel on the wall next to the tube. Walk up and press E and from then on during your game session you could respawn at that point. Even take it one better and put one on your favorite sundy, awesome sauce all over it...
    • Up x 1
  11. Jubikus

An alert that gives ISO-4 when it ends to everyone in my book theres no such thing as too short because the shorter there are the more times i can get the reward. And i desperately need ISO-4 its such a grind to upgrade implants.
    • Up x 1
  12. FateJH

I think people might be looking at Alerts incorrectly after the update by continuing to regard them as "feature events" merely on the momentum of previous versions of Alerts. Played correctly, these are more like capstone activities, not intended to be fended-off but to give a last rewarded hurrah before the continent closes down for this cycle. At worst, they instigate a desparate grab where the longer goal of massive territory conquest to assure victory is currently unattainable.
  13. Cheetoh

Reddit, Twitter, Facebook all represent everything that is wrong with the world today.

Before social media, if you had something to say, you went to this thing called a "discussion" forum not a echo chamber, or heaven forbid, you learned to code and built your own blog with your hard earned money.
  14. FateJH

Oh, the horrifying primitive age of webrings.
  15. Pikachu

From now on, all have to refer to Wrel as Werl. I dont' know why but it's so funny.
  16. Jac70

I was playing before alerts were introduced and I can remember thinking at the time that they were the perfect solution to 'meta'. You could mess around taking territory, exploring, finding small sraps before the corridor mode was introduced. Then when an alert hit everyone became focused and piled onto the alert continent to prove your factions superiority. Took 2 hours and you got a big pile of certs if you won.

Now they're just 30 minues, hardly worth bothering to change continents and put on a new set of armour. Winning or losing doesn't seem to matter either because everyone wins anyway. Half the time I don't even notice who has won, or care to be frank.
  17. PinkHurtsMyEyes

This is hilarious. The ONLY time I managed to get anyone from SOE/DGC to respond to anyting on the forums was a few years ago when I suggested a sticky informing new players that the devs don't use the forum and all feed-back should be done on reddit. Actually they more or less admitted what I said, but no sticky. Don't use forums for anyting but player-to-player discussions. They are not read by the devs. And now a MOD wakes up the second anyone talks about "breaking the rules"...

Ref: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...ear-devs-radar_x-where-should-we-post.224849/

Anyways. It's over, game is dying, new changes are introduced by ppl with no idea about the gameplay. Yes I know this is just negative criticism, but I don't have a reddit account and I don't want to enter that toxic world. So there is nowhere for me to post constructive criticism. I wish there were as I don't understand how the devs are able to mess up this badly. They are literally killing the game right now with recent changes. For all the work they put in construction, they ignored integrating player-made bases into the game in a proper way. So OFC construction only held players attention for a short while. It's just bolted on with no thought for gameplay. And global servers? I don't play on Emerald - well I only play rep sundy on Emerald because the ping just ruins the experience for me. You can't just keep reducing the number of servers and keep giving ppl a worse gaming-experience.
  18. FateJH

But you're fine with navigating this one?
    You could try Twitter.
  19. Roxxlyy Community Relations

My comment was made mostly in jest, but regardless, I'm not just a moderator - I'm the new (as of just over a month ago) Community Manager for PlanetSide 2. Since starting, I've actually spent a lot of time in the forums reading feedback, discussions, and player concerns. The team has been doing a great job considering and addressing feedback we've been getting, even if you don't always hear directly back from them on a particular platform. The devs have got their work cut out for them (especially considering they're already making some changes to the recent update), and they aren't always able to reply.

Currently, Reddit, Twitter, and the Forums are all great places to share feedback and have discussions. Your comments absolutely are being seen and heard.
    • Up x 2
  20. Liewec123

i came to comment about the part of the OP that actually is an issue,
    the alerts being way too short and almost always ending in a continent lock.

rewarding people for overpopping has turned out to be a terrible idea! what happens now is this:
    1. Map unlocks.
    2. One faction starts taking the lead.
    3. everyone switches to that faction to recieve their free loot.
    4. Alert starts, the faction dominates.
    5. server locks.
    6. REPEAT.

i hated alerts locking maps during primetime before this patch but now...its like rapid fire continent locks! :mad:
    i'm glad i'm not really a construction dude, you'd no sooner get on the map and build your base before the map locks again,
    its seriously not fun being booted between maps every 30-40 mins or so.

i had hoped that this new system would make continent locking less prevalent, but its rampant now.
    • Up x 1