That un-finished CAI is coming now

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LodeTria, Sep 26, 2017.

1. LodeTria

2. Campagne

This whole thing is going to be one big sh!tshow for basically everything and everyone involved.

I do appreciate some of the changes though.
    • Up x 1
  3. Kristan

[IMG]

Gotta go buy some popcorn, forum is going to be my main entertainment for tomorrow.
    • Up x 4
  4. Blam320

Ye of little faith. This update will completely change the game, making it more accessible for new players and solving many issues vets had.
  5. Rydenan

I love how every vehicle in the game is getting nerfed, except the one which needed it the most: the ESF, which is getting buffed.

Good god.

Also, Lightning "Flanker Armor". Without it: 1 C4 won't kill you, 2 C4 will. With it: 1 C4 won't kill you, 2 C4 will.

Am I missing some kind of reason why anyone in their right minds would ever waste their defense slot on this, ever?
  6. Lamat

Very surprised it's already being released. Excited about some things, apprehensive about others.

RIP my Viper Lighting for infantry, welcome my viper Lighting harrasser hunter?
  7. Lamat

ESF did need it for anti Lib and Gal, for the nose gun anyway

LOL about Lightning Flanker armor, I was thinking the same thing.

Is there another link to specific changes? I was of the impression they were nerfing secondaries including harrasser weapons?
  8. LodeTria

You're mistake was thinking any logic went into the vehicle changes at all.
    • Up x 1
  9. Blam320

Except for rebalancing against infantry. Should make armor zergs less unstoppable to infantry, while making tank vs tank and tank vs infantry gameplay a bit more strategic and interesting.

For instance if you want to be deadly against infantry you have a reason to pick the dedicated HESH weapons and/or anti-infantry vehicle secondaries again.
  10. Campagne

I take issue with a few things listed within the changes, but I'll limit myself to the one which I feel most strongly about: Vehicles Vs. Infantry. I appreciate that the devs. are finally trying to fix their mess here, but the way they are going about it will only worsen the issue, if nothing else.

Increasing the DPS of RL at the cost of damage per rocket only helps infantry against deployed sunnderers, which in my opinion do not need to be any easier to kill given their gameplay importance. This is because deployed sunnderers are the only vehicles that must remain completely stationary and cannot move upon being attacked.

Conversely, all other vehicles are highly mobile and can move and take cover, which is now "less punishing, as getting shot in the side no longer penalizes you with extra damage." Additionally, tanks--the main killer of infantry, are equipped with OHKing weapons. Thus, infantry will have to make more pop-up attacks to kill a tank than previously while the tanks get more attempts to one-hit-kill the infantry. To top it all off, HE shells will be much more common due to the lesser punishment of the previously AP-dominated tank combat.

ESAI vehicle secondaries will also deal minor damage to heavy armour, allowing them to be used in tank combat as well as in infantry farming. (Though, I personally think they should have stayed this way, especially so given the Halberd has been instakilling infantry while simultaneously remaining a viable AV secondary since its inception. [One capable of rivalling the Enforcer to the point of 50/50 usage among NC, but that's for another thread.])

On the infantry side of things, C4 will be slightly less lethal than before, possibly requiring contact-detonations over the previous near-contact detonations. Lock-on ranges being reduced cuts into the already low effectiveness of lock-on launchers, while dumbfires suffer as stated above.

How would I fix this? Simple. Increase the damage of rockets and not the reload speed of launchers. DPS is increased either way, but practicality is not dampened by increasing the number of shots to kill and therefore increasing user risk, enemy escape probability, and effectiveness of mid-combat repairs.

Side note: Thank you, devs., for finally nerfing the OHK potential of most RLs against infantry. It's about damn time. Too bad it's just a side effect of the overall RL nerfs changes and not out of a legitimate balance concern. As for increasing the damage of RLs and therefore undoing such a change, this is literally why resistances even existed in the first place. It was even already done to the Phoenix for fnck sakes.
    • Up x 1
  11. grayhawk36

I take Issue with the timing for this update . What idiot chose peak time for U.S , to bring down the servers way to go guys , wow just wow .
    • Up x 1
  12. Kreantris

I am looking forward to this. I like it when they shake things up once in a while. I was tired of tank AP cannons dominating infantry and vehicles alike. Now you will have to make a hard choice, which is a good thing.
  13. Silkensmooth

Will have to wait and see how it is, but it looks good to me.

Nice to see libs getting buffed. When im playing infantry, which is usually, and getting farmed by the tank zerg, it used to be a glorious sight to see a friendly lib pull up. Hopefully this single change will help with the vehicle zerg surrounding every battle, bring the lib back as the counter to tanks which currently have none.