Why do some player characters move super fast, faster than others?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Inzababa, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Inzababa

If no one sees what I mean, I could make a short video I suppose (though that's time consuming).

By moving fast, I don't just mean travelling across the map, I mean the shooting animation, crouching and standing up again, jumping and falling, all of this and more faster than most other players I see.

It's quite often really.

Is it some kind of animation bug? A visual thing that changes nothing "in reality"?

Or is that what people mean when speaking of "speed hack"?

Or (doubt this one) a series of macros or something of the kind?

I really have no idea.

When I fight these people, it also "seems" like their rate of fire is faster, but that's kind of hard to tell...
  2. breeje

most of the time it's all in your head
    some players do use those speed hacks and macros but you won't see these everyday
    i would blame PS2 hit detection, you die so fast in this game that everything is seemingly moving faster
    with you having no chance to react to some players
    make that video and watch it a couple of times, everything will be looking normal if you analyze the video
  3. adamts01

If you're seeing this on a normal basis then it's probably a latency thing. It's pretty normal to see quick movement and warping on Connery because half the population is literally on the other side of the globe. The rapid fire is just bullet stacking by the server. Once all the hits go from the shooter's computer to the server then to you, it's often compressed in to half the bullets on your end. So it might seem like you died to 3 bullets when it was actually 6. These problems are compounded in larger fights, where the server is stressed keeping up with things, stuff gets pretty funky.
    • Up x 1
  4. ObiVanuKenobi

• Up x 2
  5. Ziggurat8

It's not hacks. I see the same thing on PS4. It's lag coupled with just playing super twitchy. The faster you chain actions together, changing directions, ADAD, crouching, cycling through weapons utilities and reloads etc. Basically the server has to process all that and pass it on to you. Sometimes it skips or compresses these actions so it looks like the player is "faster". They are, just not moving faster, inputting commands faster the server and lag mechanics that try to keep up translates to them appearing faster.

I'm not explaining it very well but you're cpable of doing the same. Lots of caffeine! Lol.

Or just focus more on playing and reacting faster. When I encounter a pro player I sit up straighter, rely more on muscle memory and really amp up "twitch" (rapidly changing direction. Looking around and behind you constantly. Try to move as much and as fast as you are capable or, like a kid with ADHD) I know it works because my performance goes up quite a lot against average players but it's harder to sustain for long periods compared to when I was 20 (I'm 36). Edit: 1 last thing that helps me, listen to really fast up tempo music. Something you might listen to while doing an intense cardio workout with 140+ bpm.

FPS has a lot to do with it too. If you're not above 30+ fps at all times it's harder to be all crazy twitchy. Your inputs don't translate directly to what you're seeing on screen.
    • Up x 2
  6. OldMaster80

It's probably a latency thing. But I have seen this as well. I've always thought some players clearly move faster than others. People whose reflexes are so fast you can shoot them in the back and they have the time to turn and oneshot you.
    A few weeks ago a guy posted a video on reddit showing how good he was soloing waves of enemies all alone... But at a certain point it was almost ridiculous: 2 guys and 1 Max in the same room shooting him and they couldn't even hit him from 8-10 meters...
  7. Inzababa

haha that made me laugh :)

it's totally off topic, but it's not something I see very often, and it's something I swear by!

I have a few different "pvp" playlists, with one super long full of (like you said) fast tracks or up temp, whether it's trance, or hard rock, or rap, with this "pvp music" I literally play very very very (I think much better) differently.

In fact, all my friends and people I tell this to make fun of me real bad and I feel like I'm the only one in the word, but I take it a step further; you know how if you've been clubbing and off your face and the music and everything and you literally fall into some kind of trance?

It does this to me to in the right conditions when I pvp and I swear to god I feels exactly like I'm dancing, except i'm fighting virtually haha.

Anyway, maybe it's the age, I'm around your age to, but I've never heard or read anyone say that and I've been playing for years so I had to say something even if it's off topic :)
  8. Inzababa

I rage so much when that happens, I catch a heavy from behind, unload a FULL CLIP with I dunno how many but at least a few head shots, he turns around and I'm dead in a split second (I only hear like one or two shots) and on kill screen his health is FULL HP fffs :/

I think your right cause in other threads it was mentioned a few times that this was a latency thing.
  9. stalkish

Lagwizards.
    The game, as far as i understand it, has lag compensation built into it so everyone moves more smoothly.

Some players (intentionally or not, that ones up to you) have learned how to mess with this system.
    So, the system thinks theyre going to move right based on what they were doing last time it was told, so it shows them moving to the right, but when it is updated again its told actualy theyre moving left, so it has to catch up and put them where they actualy are, moving them faster to the left than normaly possible. This is compounded by them then moving right again or backwards, whatever.
    The game cannot keep up with the movements is what it boils down to at the end of the day.

Happens in 100% of all infantry fights, most players probably dont even know its happening or that they themselves are doing it.
    Repeat offenders get extremely defensive when you question them about it.
  10. Kristan

Game needs more players like you, so I could easily sneak up with shotgun for "suprize butseks!" :D

Quite often I get left 1vs1 with an enemy player. So its silent. And my enemy is most likely a stalker infiltrator. Do you wanna know how I win such duels? I stand still and listen. For footsteps. And I have expensive studio grade headphones.
    • Up x 1
  11. Inzababa

I do the opposite, no headphones but loud speakers and loud music so only thing I hear is gunshots. I sprint around like mad until he or she dares to attack me but because I'm sprinting they usually don't kill me right there, then it's either keep running circles until he or she has to reload, or turn and charge like a bull!
    • Up x 1
  12. Scatterblak

Something we used to say back in the Quakeworld/Team Fortress days (before Valve): "Serious Players get Serious Gear".
  13. Corporate Thug

I've always believed that the better your pc stats, the faster you move on your opponent's slower computer. Most of the times I've seen players moving insanely fast, and I would ask, they would usually have a higher end gaming PC. I wasn't aware about the correlation between FPS and ROF though :(

Since I've upgraded my computer the problem isn't nearly as bad. There can and are other reasons that this can happen as well though.
  14. Ryme_Intrinseca

I assume latency or possibly system/FPS differences (even on ps4 sone people have the pro).