The use of the Recursion Tracker

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zagareth, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Zagareth

The Recursion Tracker seem to be officially allowed to use. Therefor I linked for everyone to use it, because it gives some kind of small advantages over other players
    So I'm here to state my personal experience with it as a pure Sniper. (things might workout completely different for other playstyles)

The ingame Crosshair overlay.
    Personally I use only the default, simple, white dot on my 12x Railjack scope. In this case I put it down do the 300m mark (at 1.2 mildots) to get a hard reference as an additional mildot for the 300m distance.
    Well, I have to say it makes the life easier in dark environments, especially to get the right point at the vertical mildot line over the head in certain distances.
    But that is a minor advantage, this is also possible for everyone with a tiny dot on a Scotch tape sticked on the screen.

The status ingame overlay:
    Depending on its size it displays a lot info. One of the probably most underestimated advantages is the kill list, together with the KDR of the opponent you just killed - THIS is a major advantage, especially for snipers!
    I will explain why...
    As long as you see people on this list of your current victims with a KDR lower than 1, it is pretty ensured, that there is no one looking for you. (not completely ensured, but still less likely)
    Once you kill someone with higher than KDR 1, you should take some preparations to secure your position. The higher the KDR of your victim, the higher is the chance that he/she comes looking for you. (you can bet your life on it, that I will come for you, if you got me down as a sniper...:p )
    The correlation between KDR and a higher possible sniperhunt by the victim within the next few minutes after its death is definitely given and the knowledge that the victim got a certain KDR raises definitely the warning level of the sniper. This is my personal experience and I have to admit, it saves lifes (But only if you are able to think that far and prepare yourself for survival ;) )

Means in clear words:
    The sniper gets warned in advance, about the likelihood of a sniperhunt, depending on the KDR of the victims. So instead of being on a warning lvl of 100% all the time w/o the info, this feature let you chill down as long as you only kill lower KDR victims. (means, even a n00b with a toothpick can kill you if you are inattentive, which I already experienced a few times...:oops: )

(Disclaimer: It helps, but its not responsible at all for the success you might get in game as a sniper - using your brain is what seperates the man from the boys)

The ingame voices:
    A nice feature, that spices up your life a little bit, especially when you fullfill achievements

So far my experience.
    • Up x 1
  2. JobiWan

I tried the crosshair thing. I don't think it made much difference but BattleEye stopped me loading the game a few times so I ditched it. I find the stats overlay a distraction so I ditched that too.

I just use it for the voices now for the fun factor.
  3. Okaydan

I use the stat tracker on my second screen; I don't want anything cluttering my view. I, too, use the crosshair for just one thing: permanent 3rd person Flash driving. If you want to get anywhere serious with the Flash, you need that! God, that vehicle is so bouncy in 1st person.

I also use enemy's KD to determine if I should be alert around them. If I see an ESF pilot with KD 6+ I know to get the hell outta there. Similar for tanks; a 2/2 MBT with KD 2+ occupants needs special care (flanking, air, suicide flash). And for infantry it's fun to know that some noob got a lucky hit on you.

Looking at the KD's also gives me some insight about the player's skill and way of playing. If I see KD 4+ in infantry fights, it's a vehicle farmer and most likely not a threat outside one. The most dangerous infantry players are actually KD 1.5-2.5. Below that is not consistently good enough, and above that is stat padder using vehicles (yes there are exceptions pls don't get ********).

All in all, it's a great tool and I'm happy to have it :)
  4. Rydenan

I wouldn't be too hasty to judge a player's skill based solely on their KD..
    • Up x 1
  5. stalkish

Agreed, only 1 way to tell how good some1 is, play with them.
    All stats can be padded.
  6. Zagareth

Its not judging about certain players skills, its more like following a trend. When you see that most people with a certain KDR range do or not do certain things, then you get a clue that KDR seem to be connected with a certain behavour. And as usual, there is always an exception from the rule, but the experience tells, that the exception is still less likely than the rule :D
  7. LtBomber1

I once used recursion, some nice features, but i dont realy need it.
    Too much distraction. I dont care about the KD of my killer, nor on my own. Crosshear overlay was nice, still manage to do well without. The benefits you pointed out are mostly for snipers. Snipers dont cap points...