[BUG] Cloak is odd

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sneakles, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Sneakles

Cloak visibility has gone up by alot I can spot them easier now and playing a stalker cloak isnt as fun as it used to be.

I get spotted and killed alot further away even by 30-50m as crouching stalker.

First I thought I had the head not going into cloak bug but it just kept happenind.

So either the stalker cloak, and others, are bugged or cloak is ninja nerfed so it's now not so much a cloak but a new armor look for all to see :p
  2. FateJH

It might be, it might not be. What is your impression after seeing other cloaked enemies?
  3. stalkish

This^
    They want to make you need to buy the cloaking implant.
  4. FirePhox

I think it's more just bad luck than anything. Sometimes I'll spot a cloaked stationary dude as I'm running past but the overwhelming majority of the time I won't. I know there's a few bugs with cloak and certain weapons/armour that makes it more visible.
  5. Eternaloptimist

I see cloaked stalkers quite easily when they move, even when they are crouch walking. I have switched to the Blackhand now for when I'm stalking myself as I can stay much further away to shoot.
  6. adamts01

I don't know, I've been seeing cloaked ants pretty easily lately, that seems to be off. I get away with stupid amounts of stuff when crouched and stationary, but moving infiltrators are crazy easy to see. So movement visibility might have been changed, tough to tell though.
  7. JobiWan

Some weapons don't seem to go into full cloak sometimes, which gun are you using?
  8. Liewec123

i'm not one for conspiracy theories but i definitely agree, i can see cloakers from soooo far away now o_O
    when stalking i've also been spotted in plenty of situations where i'd have usually been safe before recently.
  9. baka

Yesterday I was stealthed and crouched beside a vehicle terminal, had maybe 20 NC walk past and over me. I only was spotted when someone with Darklight ran past.
    A lot of being hidden will depend upon your surroundings and player habits. For myself, I constantly watch for telltale blurs. Sometimes it is just a screwed up texture, but I do catch a lot (not all by any means) infiltrators.
  10. RockPlanetSide2

Deep Operative Implant is completely worthless. It is either bugged or just misleading. There is no way it is giving 30% reduction to the current cloak at max level.. it's more like 2%.
  11. Zagareth

Cloak has been nerfed to make the Deep Operative implant useful - with the DO implant 5 you get now back to the old state.
    Well, DBG thinks that people are stupid - and they are right... people are stupid :p
  12. Silkensmooth

Yep, more addition by subtraction. When the game was new, you could see everyones health, then they removed that so you had to use an implant. They do it all the time.

Its stupid, infiltrators class defining ability is now getting us killed. We have less hit points, so cloak is supposed to give us alpha strike, but i get seen from 30 meters while crouched in stealth.

On top of that there is a delay when you unstealth to shoot. I'm crouched waiting for bad guys, and they see me and im half dead before i even unstealth to fire.

Spent thousands of certs trying to get deep operative implant and still dont have it, and then to hear it doesnt work? WTF?!?