What implants do you run and what is your playstyle?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mehanal, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Okaydan

I have quite a few different implant combo's tailored for specific situations.

Infiltrator:
    Catlike + Regen (sniper) or
    Catlike + Battle Hardened (SMG) or
    Targeting + Regen (Flash)

Medic:
    Catlike + Battle hardened

Light Assault:
    Catlike + Battle Hardened (Med Kits) or
    Catlike + Regen (C4)

Engineer:
    Catlike + Battle Hardened (AI / Point camping)
    Targeting + Ammo Regen (Ground gunner/pilot)
    Sweeper + Ammo Regen (Driver)
    Targeting + Safe Fall (Air Gunner)

Heavy:
    Battle Hardened + Ammo Regen (Anti Max, Grenade Bandolier, Decimator, AV nade, C4) or
    Targeting + Ammo Regen (AA) or
    Battle Hardened + Catlike (AI + medkits) or
    Battle Hardened + Ammo Regen (AV)

Max:
    Sweeper + Targeting (AV/AA)
    Sweeper + Battle Hardened (AI)

I really want Counter-Intelligence, but instead the only rare I got is Infravision, which is soooo bad :(
  2. Mehanal

Infravision is O-K, but the big problem with it right now is that you must surrender infiltrator hunting (unless you have a flashlight) because it does not cause a shimmer effect to occur. I like it for picking out non-infiltrator enemies to stalk with, though.
  3. voidreaperxx5

I respectively disagree. While I think the implant might not make a huge difference in a testing situation where you're looking for the cloak, it does make it in the most common situation, which is where your enemy isn't actively searching for you. I guess what I'm trying to say is the situation where you're generally engaged in combat but not actively searching for cloaker but you notice them anyway happens at a much less frequent rate with the implant than without. I would never be able to so casually run out in the open with enemies during daytime--on Esamir no less!--without the max rank implant. I recommend simply experiencing how often you happen to be noticed with the implant compared to without. If the difference weren't so distinct to me, I would be running my sensor shield 24/7 and not bother.
  4. ParakeetLord88

Perhaps you misunderstand me. I main stalker and I am almost never found by anyone, and I take major risks. This is without deep operative. Getting deep operative would not change this meaningfully - it can't.

Then again, you're talking about "casually running out in the open during daytime", so perhaps we're at a different point in the stalker game (read: why on earth are you even doing that?).

Also, I don't think its any great secret revealed to state that if you get catlike to 4 or 5 you won't need sensor shield and deep operative will be even less meaningful. Consider this.
  5. Corezer

I run safe-fall, cause I'm an Icarus user and for horizontal motion u need to be able to ground without feathering.

My second implant is... the range finder/minesweeper one.... sweeper hud? but if I had Carapace I would use that, I am also thinking of using assimilate, etc, anything but aerial crapbatant... piece of garbage... there are very few implants which I could see as worse, maybe vampire...
  6. voidreaperxx5

Got it! Yep, we're totally at opposite ends: I use hunter cloak with smg/power knife, not stalker. I definitely agree that stalker's cloak is already so good any use is pretty mute. For being an SMG infil though, I think it definitely helps since the cloak is more for getting the jump on your opponent rather than total obscurity since it has a limited duration