Pop imbalance and scrubs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by adamts01, Aug 15, 2017.

1. adamts01

If you're that good then find your balls and switch to your alt on the under-pop faction. Daybreak doesn't give a ****, and plenty of potential customers log off when a single faction hits 50% and dominates every fight for hours. There's no point discussing solutions that no one will listen to, so how about the community steps up and takes a little responsibility? "But I like playing with my friends". Cool, me too, so how about you all grow a pair and do your l33t small squad **** against the noobs that switched to your faction to ride the gravy train.
  2. velie12

You play off peak?
  3. adamts01

Yeah, on Connery..... It's usually all VS but often all TR. These punks just jump ship to pad their kdr and I really wish vets would stick it to them instead of enable them. I honestly don't expect much. In the year or so I've played this game I haven't seen much to give me faith in the community. Servers are closing and everyone is blaming the devs while doing zero themselves. I don't blame bad players for switching to the dominating faction to stay alive, but when I see a legitimately good pilot in an air zerg or a great infantry player in a 96+:1-12 spawn camp it's just pathetic.
  4. velie12

they already implemented faction balancing mechanisms, but they dont work when the imbalance is too large.
  5. Ziggurat8

I try psychological warfare every time it gets like that on my server. I'm not sure it does anything.

I used to play TR but on my server they always bring pop to every fight. Just felt like another cog in the machine. Skill had nothing to do with anything. Was like playing a single player game on "very easy."

That's my spiel whenever pop gets crazy. "If you consider yourself a "gamer" play the under pop. The game is much more challenging and rewarding and you'll develop skills as a player you'll never achieve in the zerg."

As for vets? Most true vets have toons on every faction and just play whatever they're in the mood for. Working on directives on easy mode, or collecting free certs from easy wins. I get it. Sometimes you don't want to beat your head against pop. It's definitely higher stress if you take your gaming seriously but cheap easy wins are hollow.

Maybe I'm way off but I think pop balance is the single biggest struggle this game faces. Too hard for players always outnumbered and they quit out of frustration. Too easy cause every fight is a zerg they quit out of boredom. The game is great when similar sized forces come up against each other and it's a back and forth tug of war.
  6. adamts01

That's all good stuff. I think it's the biggest problem as well. Zerging is annoying, but if pops are even then that means they're at a deficit somewhere else, and there's still a good fight to go to. An insane cert reward for under-pop would work but it would cut in to sales. I really wish there was a unit that would switch factions to take the hard fight, or that units would have some cross-faction relationship when the other faction over-pops them both. Any solutions at this point really need to be player created.

Edit: I do have to add that the removal of 1/2 off vehicles and consumables was a huge step in the right direction, the snowball effect was greatly lessened. Daybreak moved up one notch in my book. Now they're at notch one.
    • Up x 1
  7. BorgUK1of9

Its a good idea but they wont listen, looking at the huge rise in low BR TR on Miller but with high certs and unique gear its clear a lot of VS have jumped to TR for the gravy train leaving it 25 40 40 every day.

I have left Miller and moved to Cobalt, the pops there are more even but the VS dont talk or platoon well so are poorly led, they need DIG on Cobalt.