Magrider needs fixes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pannath, Jul 29, 2017.

1. LordKrelas

No, it didn't load the one above it.
    As you double posted, which means it is two posts.
    In the post I read, you didn't correct him worth a ****.

Wiki is ancient.
    As well, Resistance value table was changed, and has been changed a lot.
    As well, the PTS changes are inbound, which include a faster reload speed for the Magrider.

In addition, the Magrider is pulled less; yet as Demigan said, has results near equal to Vanguards which are pulled more.
    Magrider can not be inferior while competing with a more numerous tank, and winning in everything but tank kills; Where it basically ties.

In addition, the Magrider is the hardest bloody tank to hit with AV that isn't a tank cannon.
    • Up x 3
  2. Ziggurat8

Google "A Big Lie".

That is literally what all these "magrider needs fixing" threads are.

From Wikipedia:
    A big lie (German: große Lüge) is a propaganda technique. The expression was coined by Adolf Hitler, when he dictated his 1925 book Mein Kampf, about the use of a lie so "colossal" that no one would believe that someone "could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously."

The principle is sometimes translated and abbreviated as the pithy saying: "Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it."
    • Up x 2
  3. MasterOhh

Whats going on with all those Magrider QQ posts all of the sudden?
    The only fix the Magrider needs, is to get rid of the spinning bug (which was reported 2 years ago and marked as fixed, when it clearly wasn't).
    If you are new to the magrider and try to use it like a normal tank, you'll fail. Ever popped up behind an enemy armor zerg and made them turn around in panic? No? Then be my guest, join me on cobalt, be my gunner for an hour.
    • Up x 1
  4. LaughingDead

Oh no, one post about tank top speed on open flat ground completely disproves everything I said about the maggy, because obviously speed is everything ever, no one ever complained about anything else. Nope. Never.

You don't even try to go into detail, you simply quote reddit and pray I don't bother making a comment.
    Well? What- *sees counterposts*

ty

You don't even try, if you want I can post some links about the magriders armor and hp values too, gun stats and etc.
    • Up x 2
  5. pnkdth

Oh the exquisite beauty of these threads. Everyone who's got salt to spill comes out of the woodworks and proclaim "NAY! My tank of choice is the worst!"

Apparently aiming with a turret is hard, a magrider can apparently just up and disappear at will, strafing makes it super duper hard to hit, cover is suddenly amazing when in a magrider, the magrider is extra OP because of secondary guns(ignoring the fact it not terribly good without one), is also incredibly hard to drive in a Vanguard because using a turret at the same is a legendary skill lost to the ages.

Its like a competition in stupidity and ignorance where the name of the game is to massively exaggerate one tank while downplaying everything another tank can do. Obviously, since X player is driving Y tank instead of Z tank, Tank Z's abilities is clearly OP!

If you spend your days looking what other's got you'll never have anything for yourself nor appreciate what you already have. Worse still, if you look for data with a specific goal in mind you might just end up deluding yourself further.
  6. SalsaDoom

Based on changes on the PTS server, it looks like we are pretty much getting our way, or at least things are changing sufficiently that any discussion at this point is based on irrelevant things that will soon change. You guys have fun, and hopefully the changes are workable for everyone involved.
    • Up x 1
  7. SalsaDoom

Really dude? Godwin's law in a magrider thread? Stay classy.
    • Up x 2
  8. Ziggurat8

It's because this is like the 4th magrider needs buffs post within a month.

Magriders are ******* awesome, these people are crazy.
    • Up x 3
  9. Demigan

Discussion is very very relevant, especially now with the PTS changes coming. The Magrider is by no means underpowered, and it's getting buffs from all sides.
    • More DPS through reload while Prowler gets the longest reload&fire cycle when taking fire rate into account,
    • AP ammo gets 25m/s extra where the TR/NC version stays the same,
    • Vanguard gets his shield hammered except from the front but due to it being a resist shield it loses most if it's utility,
    • Vanguard gets it's armor resistance advantage changed into a direct increased health instead meaning longer repair times,
    • critical damage states on vehicles is set at 20% damage now across the board which again means the Vanguard will receive it faster than it does now and will stay in this state for longer during repairs giving the Magrider an edge again (and the Prowler ofcourse),
    • The Magrider gets more projectile velocity putting it on-par with the Prowler and only 25m/s difference with the Vanguard instead of 50m/s as it is now.
    • The only disadvantage the Magrider will have from this update is the fact that side-armor value's are now just as strong as front-armor values, meaning that facing the enemy with front-armor all the time is much less an advantage than before.
    Considering the proof that the Magrider isn't underpowered right now, this is pretty much a buff to OPness for the Magrider. Additionally the Prowler gets a bit of it's highest DPS reduced but is still king of the DPS but the Vanguard is getting screwed from all sides. Even if you think the Vanguard is A-OK now, after this it's going to be the laughingstock. Lowest DPS, longest repair times, a shield that only functions if you activate it immediately and from the front so it's easy to just pepper a Vanguard go behind cover and wait out the shield, still the slowest turning tank allowing the VS/TR to easily hit the Vanguard in the side rather than the stronger frontshield... Besides "If you attack me while my shield is active I can take the most shots", what's left for the Vanguard?
    • Up x 2
  10. MasterOhh

Hahaha, I am allways marveling how NC and TR players try to twist and turn the fact, that the magrider has a fixed gun, into an advantage.
    And now the muzzle velocity .....
    Until now: TR and NC are like: "Nah, don't be stupid VS, 25 / 50 m/s aren't that much of an advantage."
    Now: "OMG, ze magrider is getting 25 m/s more muzzle velocity? So OP! WE ARE ALL DOOMED!"
  11. LordKrelas

When your armor is always facing the enemy, and you can strafe - It actually is quite useful.
    Let alone the more stable platform for a cannon.

Vanguards and Prowlers aren't as stable firing platforms, are larger, and easier to hit.
    The Magrider is a stable platform with strafing capability - Faster velocity to hit larger slower targets.
    So given the differences in the platform gaining the velocity (where velocity is key for hitting the Magrider)
    And how higher velocity makes it easier to hit a target, the much larger Vanguard & Prowler face a higher velocity shot from a more mobile opponent, making it even more difficult to evade if you even can, a Magrider's projectile.
    Do recall, only the Magrider can strafe - The other tanks, have to rotate a very wide chassis to turn, and then go in that direction.
  12. Dethonlegs

Don't forget to include the improved handling (to some), acceleration and top speed into your change list as they are also relevant.

As for the mags OP'ness, the vid below is the first time in a LONG time i've beaten a van in a head to head, and that was only due to him not staying high. 99 times out of 100 I would be dead. Name some everyday circumstances on live where a mag would kill a van 99/100 in a 1 on 1. If the PTS changes mean a flanked van gets wrecked then good.

13. LordKrelas

Key words: Head to Head.
    The most mobile vs the most armored in a direct slugging match.

If the most armored tank can not win in the single situation where the most armored front should be king...
    That better armor is as useful as a dress on a Tree is for catching birds.

As well, think about it;
    You have an issue not being able to beat a highly vulnerable large target in the very field it should excel in.
    The Vanguard is meant to be Enduring.
    The Prowler is Firepower.
    The Magrider is Agility.

If it loses in a face-tanking situation, it ain't enduring.
    As well, it's easy to flank a Vanguard which has to turn the entire chassis, with a floating strafing tank.
    Heaven forbid we mention harassers in addition having a field day with the less mobile Vanguard, who's defensive trick doesn't even work on those behind it.
    In addition, the tank needs longer to repair which gives any quick attack the ability to wear down the tank faster than any other due to the inability to repair it in the same time period.

A Flanked Vanguard dies faster than any tank, while having the most health, and being focused on defense.
    That's incredibly disturbing.

When I see a Prowler outgunned while being focused on Firepower, while having fully offensive-related boosts...
    I'll believe that to be Fitting.

And the Magrider. When that is outpaced, and out-maneuvered by a Max, then it'll be on par with the Vanguard's apparent durability crisis while being focused on durability.

Of the Tanks, the Vanguard got destroyed:
    • Defensive Shield is easily turned useless by enemy attack.
    • Rather than Armor it has more health, which increases repair time but doesn't change the TTK on a Vanguard.
    • More Repair Time, gives the Enemy more time to engage the vanguard while it is weakened.
    • This also means that exchanging fire between Vanguard & other tanks is in the other side's favor; The Van has to repair more to stop burning - and takes the same amount of time to reach it as the other tank.

The Magrider buffed.
    And neither of their abilities are affected by the Enemy.
    The Prowler's lockdown doesn't lose the effects if surprise attacked or flanked.
    The Magrider never loses mobility...
  14. Demigan

Way to nitpick there.
    I mentioned it as one of the many, many direct/indirect buffs the Magrider is getting in the coming CA update. I did not say that single buff would overpower the Magrider.

Fact remains, the Magrider isn't underperforming in the statistics. That's only possible if the Magrider's total package of statistics and capabilities is good enough. Or do you have a better reason?

I didn't include buffs that apply to all vehicles, including the Magrider. But hey if we are on the subject: more usage of slower higher drop projectiles (HEAT and HE(SH) being useful against vehicles) will mean that the Magrider is able to easier dodge enemy projectiles again, with the additional benefit of it's higher mobility amplifying that. Sure it won't be stellar, but since the Prowler and Vanguard will "only" improve in acceleration and climbing ability while the Magrider will also have it's faction-specific dodging advantage improved, the Magrider will have the bigger advantage of these changes. Again, because people here seem to assume the worst instantly, this isn't a supa-dupa advantage, but it is an advantage.

As for your video, it was surprising you survived considering the Vanguard's Enforcer managed to get a bottom-armor hit on you as you flew over, and the fact that your gunner refused to shoot while the shield was active. Luckily for you the Vanguard activated his shield immediately while rushing, which was his instant downfall as it got engaged by multiple VS (the Scythe wasn't the only one). Another luck was the complete failure of the second Vanguard to spot and engage you.

So I would say that both teams weren't doing their best. And if you fail to win with a Magrider, I think that's your problem rather than a problem with the Magrider.
  15. MasterOhh

Lol you guys are pure gold. Now, HE and HEAT becoming more viable options again, for all tanks, is a double buff for the magrider, too? Did you know, that using HE rounds in your vanguard/prowler is allready a huge buff for the magrider, because you are doing less damage to it!!!!

Whats next? You guys telling us, that the spinning bug of the magrider is also an advantage because it is pointing its front armor to all directions rapidly?
  16. stalkish

Dont fall for their little forumside internet warrior tricks.
    Post your opinion and move on, dont waste your life arguing with no lifers.

My ignore list is so long i can barely keep up with threads around here lol.
  17. Demigan

Ok, apparently you are just trolling.

I didn't say that HE and HEAT is a double buff, I was pointing out how the changes to HE and HEAT, including their higher usage, would mean the Magrider would have an easier time due to it's ability to dodge, which the other two tanks have much less capabilities in.

But I guess that your reply to this will be on the level of "You must be saying the Magrider fires tactical nukes now!" because that's the type of posts you are making right now.

Let's not fall for this internet trick: "I'm going to be degrading to the person saying the things and hope that people suddenly believe that what those people said is worthless, that way I don't have to come up with things like facts, reasoning and data!".
  18. FateJH

You shouldn't ignore other people's opinions. It's important to whet oneself against opposition, even if it's only in your head. Think long enough and you might even realize the millimeters of sense in the argument so carelessly thrown aside.
    • Up x 2
  19. stalkish

No thanks narc.
    Keep wasting your time writing what i dont read.
  20. Towie

Uncerted - Magrider is terribad.
    1/2 (and certed) - Magrider is weak but serviceable
    2/2 (and certed / driven sensibly) - Magrider rules

The way I see it, as long as most Magriders are 2/2 (more than Prowler or Vanguard anyway) and as long as the Saron is so good, there is zero chance that the base platform / gun is going to get any love.

That said, the incoming changes are going to address the primary gun weakness and the secondary gun strength - how this will pan out is anybodies guess but i'm thinking it will be a difficult road ahead for many tankers (no pun intended).