Is there such a thing as a speed hack for PS2?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Inzababa, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Inzababa

I don't know much about computers and even less about hacking.

I sometimes come across enemy infantry who seems to move very fast, and not just travelling fast but also other actions like crouching and standing up and so on.

I often think to myself "that's not right, why is this guy so much faster".

And so, out of curiosity, cause I know there really isn't anything I would do about it or DB would do about it, I thought maybe someone out here might know?
  2. Niamar

Speed, teleporting, flying, no clip, jump, wall hack, radar, esp sure hacks like that are out there. I think battle eye catches most of the well known cheats from well known sources.

It doesn't catch the less obvious, such as those not shared outside an outfit, or the hitbox cheat. Well at least they haven't been permanently banned.

Or perhaps battle eye is doing its job but dbg is not?
  3. Inzababa

hmm I wasnt thinking of those things you said, flying, teleporting etc

What I meant was, when you looking at an enemy, he doesn't see you (for the sake of argument) and he's starts shooting at other people, his animation will be WAY faster than everyone elses'. Maybe a psychological thing but it looks like they are shooting faster too.

And when they move, it looks like they move a lot faster as well.

It's as if every animation and every movement speed was significantly increased.

I see it a lot, but it could also be just a animation bug or something.
  4. Towie

Well there certainly was a speed hack - you can probably find videos of its use on youtube - BUT this was before Battleye.

Not saying that BE is infallible (it certainly isn't) nor are there 'no cheating scumbags' but believe me, they are virtually non-existent now compared to the old days...
  5. Campagne

Such a thing is entirely possible.

It has been observed and verified in the past, and I'm sure it hasn't gone away.