new players -Implants

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by wolf113, Jun 17, 2017.

1. wolf113

System implants, bad for new players.
    New players simply had no chance to come to an implant that wants, and no way to improve them .ISO4 is also unavailable for the new players who will start the game with 0-zero ISO4.
    The price is too high for new players, and that a new player will not immediately buy the DBC.
    You know yourself how much Certs need for a new player.

A new player should receive a free ISO4 for each new level, also should receive 1 * Deluxe Implant Pack for every 5 level to 15 level or improve Novice Implant Pack that gives more implants (4-implant and 1000 iso4).

I am 70lv. I find it difficult to get enough Certs for implants.

2. FateJH

to be fair, working it into the preliminary BR15 system somehow sounds reasonable.
    • Up x 1
  3. LordKrelas

They have implant bungles in the class directives...
    Or did you not know?

For ISO, well they have the same as everyone else really.
  4. wolf113

I know. But that's not enough, new players have a lot of important things. but to give 750c for implants. We all know that new players have a lot of problems at the start of the PS2 and many of them give up, do you need to still have a problem with the implants.
    I had a break of 3 months of playing PS2. When I returned I was greeted by a new system of implants, and in the beginning I had iso4 4000, my newly created VS has a 0-zero iso4.
  5. Zagareth

What do you need implants for? A BR1 VS get the Spectre, get a cloak, get Target Focus Implant and can make killing sprees that are unrivaled - How easier do you want it as VS?
    • Up x 1
  6. wolf113

This is not about me, you or other experienced players, this is the word of the totally new players. Do you think that a whole new player is able to play as well as you, me or the other experienced players. I think you'd rather to see how the light assault with Carbines shoot at tanks and throws Frag Grenades
  7. Demigan

I think you are completely and utterly wrong.

Consider the amount of certs you need to get well into vehicle gameplay, or to set up a single class to par to high levels of gameplay. For that same amount of certs you can now buy 2 or 3 packs. These packs are omniversally applicable for vehicle and infantry gameplay, and you'll definitely be getting enough ISO4 to upgrade several upgrades to level 3 and if you buy a 4rth pack you can get your favorite one to level 4. Level 3 is already more than competitive enough.

The Implant system is far, far more lenient than people seem to think it is. Even getting the upgrade tokens gives you a chance at implants you haven't gotten yet, and with the new drop-rates for rare's and the ISO4 you can get for them...
  8. LordKrelas

So every new character gets to have a random implant advantage, while every player prior to that, including vets must pay the RNG box of doom for 750 certs a pop.

They aren't going to stay any more likely, if they had not just implant boxes but ISO..
    Those who joined prior, will also feel **** on again given they didn't get in time for Implant directive rewards.
    Like dear mercy.

ISO isn't easy for anyone.
    And they already get the implants from directives, but we didn't.
    What in hell does a new player need upgraded implants from the get go? Right nothing, doesn't know how to use them anyway.

What you really want, is your alts to have ISO.
    Like you literally point out your alt had Zero (go figure, it's new), and thought that was depressing.
    A new player isn't going to come off a high number of ISO, nor know wtf it is for.
  9. wolf113

Implant system is too expensive for new and old players.
    I'm a level 70, 13 days and 9 hours of gameplay for all that time I had accumulated 29900 CERT.
    29900/750 = 40 Deluxe Implant Pack = 360 implants.

lv30 player will have about 5000 CERT = 7 Deluxe Standard Pack
    lv40 player will have about 10000 CERT = 13Deluxe Implant Pack
    LV50 player will have about 15000 CERT = 20 Deluxe Standard Pack

After this a player who is level 50 can not have a good implantation. because CERT should invest in class and vehicles. only in the vanguard I invested 10,000 CERT
  10. guerrillaman

Headshot implant, assimilate, will cause rage quits and discourage new players.
  11. Caramboul

Really?

Implants are made for cash, not certs.
    The cert option is there to satisfy the old player with their old implants and energy often bought with cash. Some short weeks after the change to new implant system its over with certs now. Old player with a full stock of implants and energy have used their transformed 15.000-50.000 ISO already and now it is time for hard bargain. Buy with cash and exactly that is the idea why new implants are made.

And so far playerbase is noticeable decreasing all that needed farming for certs is not a good option anymore. To reach 10k certs you have to do a lot of kills using (abusing) less player included boosts for cash (again cash and here we are).

New system implants - bad for all player. New or old.
  12. Daigons

Only for new players who whine about chump change. Ante up if you want to play well.
  13. Demigan

The Implant system for slightly new players (who won't get the 2-pack Implants):
    2250 certs for three 9-packs.
    Upgrading a Medic with a max regen tool, Nanoweave and a revive grenade: 2300 certs.
    Upgrading a relatively low-cost Engineer with max repair tool, Flak (default) and tank mines: 1040 certs, practically 50% of the total cost for the three 9-packs. Add a single Carbine with upgrades and you blow passed that.
    Upgrading an MBT with just an AP canon+AV secondary, 2000 certs completely unupgraded...

With three 9-packs you have enough implants to have a choice for both various vehicles and infantry play. So it's already more efficient compared to upgrading a single class or vehicle. You also get enough ISO4 to upgrade a few implants to level 3.

Now imagine a completely new player: With several 2-packs to add to his collection, he's sure to have enough ISO4 for the upgrades he needs (only fools do the level 5 upgrade if they can't upgrade their other implants they want yet. The level 5 upgrade costs as much as level 1 to 4 together!). And he's got a high chance of completing all the basic implants, each of which is more than capable. The uncommon and rare's aren't necessarily better, some are in fact downright bad (Minor Cloak anyone?).

Now imagine an older player... Most players pick a few weapons and then stick with them. Unlike me, who auraxes a weapon and then moves on. So after each weapon I aurax, I dump 1000 certs+certs for upgrades into a new weapon and aurax it. Imagine if I hadn't done that and done what the average player had done... I would have tons of certs to spare which I could dump into things like the Implant system.

You are grossly exaggerating the costs for the implant system because you assume you have to get everything, the entire implant system unlocked and maxed out. Which is ridiculous! That's like wanting to unlock and buy all the upgrades for a tank! At some point you don't buy extra ammo capacity for your tank (unless you only use that gun and a lot), simply because it's not economical, and many players don't buy other weapons than the AV setup you learn to use quickly in the vehicle game, once again saving certs on buying multiple Secondaries and primaries... Because you don't need to have it all.
    • Up x 1
  14. Demigan

Because...?

Imagine this: You are a new player vs a high-skill player without Assimilate. The high-skill player kills you. Fight over.
    You are a new player vs a high-skill player with Assimilate. The high-skill player kills you and possibly regenerates a bit of health after the battle, which couldn't have helped him anyway.

Why would the new player ragequit over something that doesn't affect him? Something he doesn't even realize is happening because the death-screen health visuals have been bugged since forever?

Additionally, headshot-only implants focus on a niche type of gameplay. It forces the players to use specific low-COF weapons at specific ranges to make use of them, and most of these are only working upon the death of your opponent and don't help you in the direct combat. Any fool trying to use a larger COF weapon for headshots will reduce his likelyhood for killing the opponent. Neckshots is about the best you could do in this game, or any game with COF, unless you use those truly super-accurate weapons.
  15. Eternaloptimist

Become a member and play the right class = large cert gain to buy implant packs or anything else you want..

New players also get some implant packs for doing low level directives. Depending on class they also start with weapon attachments, maxed armour of one sort or another or maxed auto heal. They get free auxiliary armour and 15,000 certs up to level 15 on top of what they earn. They also get free Target Focus implant, plus the one to help defend against spawn campers.

I got none of those things when I started playing but I'm not complaining, I've had a great time from the very start so I find it hard to be sympathetic.

Tbh, giving new players Regeneration as a free implant would have been nice for them and having some way to earn ISO-4 other than buying implant packs to break down would help new players/non members more than it helps the rest of us but overall, I think new players (especially non payers) do not have such a bad deal.