The Uselessness of BattleEye proved?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zagareth, May 19, 2017.

1. Zagareth

Just a short question... in the light of the latest hacks
  2. RadarX

BattlEye prevents hundreds if not thousands of third party tools from being easily used daily on PlanetSide 2. I assure you if we turned it off for a week or two you would notice.
    • Up x 7
  3. Demigan

BattleEye doesn't ban people itself. It simply sends data to the devs who can check up on it and determine if it's a false-positive or not (pretty good idea if you don't want to accidentally ban fair players). But this is a process that takes time, so players who cheat as overtly as they currently do will still be able to continue for longer than you might expect.
    It's actually pretty close to the immune system of your body. You get sick, the immune system doesn't immediately destroy it as it first needs to learn to recognize it, make sure it actually is a hostile thing and not a friendly cell that happened to be infected or have a bad mutation which in turn causes your body to also attack healthy one's, then the body will try to figure out ways to ward off the sickness indefinitely by finding out what the sickness is vulnerable to and you will become immune/your body will react and clear up the sickness quicker the next time.

And this is the first huge hack I've seen since BattleEye's introduction. I've seen a few hacks once in a while, but the total amount has gone down drastically. I think it's working fine.
    • Up x 3
  4. Zagareth

How comes that you are so active lately? Did Reddit shut down? :D <Just a less serious sidenote...>

Well, not that I'd whine about it, but I play PS since Beta and this Suicide hack was the worst and the ONLY I've ever noticed.
  5. doomedking517

This... Very much this.... since it's been out, I have seen substantially less "suspect" actions (that said I didn't spot huge amounts before hand so)...

Whilst off topic, can I ask a question somewhat related to battle eye and cheating (I'm curious as there doesn't seem to be a definitive answer anywhere and have seen people on the reddit claiming staff/devs have said its okay), what is the policy in relation to macros? by which I mean automated actions/sequences of actions on a keypress? I understand anything that touches aiming is against the rules but little has been said about macros so I would like a little more info (i don't personally use them, but I have seen peeps I would say were "suspect" but I wasn't sure if it was against the rules or not, so just left it).
    • Up x 1
  6. FieldMarshall

BattlEye doesent automatically ban anyone as far as i know.
    Its job is to collect suspicious data and send it to DBG. Which is why people dont get banned straight away.

Thats actually both good and bad. Bad because hackers play longer before getting banned.
    But good because the longer they play the more data BattlEye can collect about a hack, and the more data they have the better DBG will be at preventing future hacks.