Anybody else experiencing an abnormal increase in being headshotted

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TowerOfGlower, May 3, 2017.

1. TowerOfGlower

Started up a new VS character and was running well at first. Over the last few weeks I've noticed I'm getting killed by headshot more and more.

Same range from someone else, my CoF all over but hitting them. Them...PING, PING, PING! I check my stats, sure enough - dead by headshot. Snipers running and jumping full speed being hit by me, turns ad me in mid air and PING! Me dead by headshot.

Worst came just now. Some April 12, 2017 created TR shooting P2-120 AP. One shot killing everyone with no misses. Me, died twice with BINK headshot noise.

Just want to see if anybody else seeing an abnormal increase in headshots.
  2. Towie

Funny you should say that - just this week i've seen a few suspicious things (and reported) BUT i've also noticed a few game engine issues.

Last night my sounds started getting all mixed up and choppy which i've never had before - also people appearing right in front of me out of thin air - all a bit weird really which i've put down to the 'caused by a recent update' bucket.
  3. JobiWan

My squad came up against a VS player the other night that was just too good. He killed me repeatedly, mostly with headshots and most of those while he was running and firing from the hip. Others in the squad said the same.
  4. Eternaloptimist

Well, headshots are the new thing, especially with the number of NSX primaries being optimised for just that plus some max level implants giving bonus for same.

I last played at the weekend just gone and there was all sorts of funny stuff happening on screen with people skywalking, flitting about at abnormal speed and suchlike.

I am aware of having been one-shotted by an AP tank round a couple of times recently. May have been going on for some time but I just didn't notice.
  5. baka

I have had people I got the drop on spin and multi headshot me a few times - more than I would think random chance is good for. I have also had tanks headshot me, but I will place the blame on me since my head was the part sticking over the rock!
  6. DeadlyOmen

Welcome to FPS gaming.

Everyone is shooting for the head.
  7. Niamar

Just kill the cheaters or deploy somewhere else.

Look up ps2 hitbox cheat. I'm sure you can find out how they get around the launcher and battle eye, now you will know what to put in your /report.

Don't hold your breath waiting on someone to get a slap on the wrist.

At this point they should implement the same cheats for everyone, then the minority would have a better chance.
  8. BeerAndFries

Cheats are probable here, but also there some really good players that will consistently land headshots. Also, the game sometimes registers hits as headshots even though I do not think it should - happened to me a couple times, headshotted folks while being on the move and not really aiming for the head.
  9. FateJH

If the bullet and the head should ever meet, why should the hit detection find reason to complain? To decide is the anti-cheat's job.
  10. MacBaren

Look this............

It is painful that they do nothing.
    Do not play more.
    • Up x 1
  11. breeje

this video is so old, it's from before BE was installed
    but i am not saying there are no cheaters in the game
    • Up x 3
  12. DIGGSAN0

The Video is old But the Edit of Hitboxes is a thing even up to today.

Battleye can't detect this, since they just edit hitboxes with notepad.
  13. breeje

well, then this can help the developers to stop them
    i have known of this cheat for a while and is apparently only useful for 10 minutes
    but there are players who keep logging in every 10 minutes
    i will delete the link to the text file so others can't use it

Go to this link: "link to text file was here"
    and copy n paste the code from there into the .apx file that you extracted from 169.pack file. Once pasted make your edits. (This is the old code used before encryption came).
    To avoid initial file verification wait till play button is green then pull 169.pack file out and place on desktop and hit play(Keep the file you made edits on in the assets folder). At around 6% of the loading screen tab out and put 169 back into the assets folder.......done.
    Now your only problem is there will be a file check in game that will disconnect you at random times, until there is a solution for that this cheat is useless

Props to "name was here"for providing the link to the old file, it helped alot.

if dev's want to know where i got this they need to contact me
    EDIT: this cheat/post is from February 2017
  14. JobiWan

Well I got accused of running a Net Limiter the other night. I got a series of rage tells like 'I never felt a single one of your bullets' and 'I've recorded you and sent it to admits **** stain' and 'you're a cheat with your single shot kill BS'.

I'm not even sure what I did, I was on a killing spree that night trying to Auraxium the Emissary. My ping/latency were both under 30 and I've never run a hack or exploit in my life and never will.

That's one of the big problems, it's (sometimes) hard to see the difference between skill, using exploits or just dumb luck.
  15. Sixty

Idk how on other servers, but this week on Miller, i saw extreme amount of low BR VS infiltrators with VA39 Specter and ballistic computer, shooting vets left and right with extremely precise body shot burst. You could strafe, run in circles or fly, but nope. All these hits land in very quick sequence.
  16. Exitus Acta Probat

******* overlays!:mad:
  17. Direlithe

No, but I am experiencing an increase in buII****.
  18. UberNoob1337101

Actually, it's after BattlEye got implemented. I'll post the description from the video here :

Not only that, but on reddit, people did say that you can very much get away with changing hitboxes and that you would only get kicked from the game, not banned, and they would cheat using notepad and other old assets and could still do it no problem.

I did notice that during the first week after BattlEye was introduced, I noticed much less ********, as in there weren't any snipers that ADAD nailed you 24/7 or HAs that turn around and get full headshots almost instantly. Now things went back to how they were pre-BE and while I don't encounter it nearly as much suspicious stuff as pre-BE (which is a success in my eyes, you can't really 100% prevent cheating, but at least making it much harder and annoying prevents potential cheaters), but edited hitbox cheaters still exist.
    • Up x 1
  19. Towie

They've been working on the pack file editors for a while (eg. hitbox cheat) - they put a verification mechanism in place which would catch modifications but only after a certain period of time and ban the scumbag for a few days, later leading to permanent bans.

Someone came up with a way around it (even posted on this forum accidentally showing his utility !) - i'm not sure if that has been caught yet.

The gameplay difference pre-BE to post-BE is very significant in a good way - all of the paid-for hacks are dead - yet a few people still try to give themselves an unfair advantage. 'Private' cheats will be very difficult to eradicate entirely...
  20. breeje

i can clearly remind this video and it was discussed on what would happen if BE was installed to the hit box cheaters
    but i can be wrong, my brains failed me before and i don't want to look it up cause it's to time consuming just to prove a point
    so i declare you're claim as plausible :D