[Discussion] Favourite Implants?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Campagne, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Demigan

That's the description of non-catlike crouch. You don't move as fast and it's easier to start aiming for you. Still, used properly crouch is a powerful tool, a sudden stop and crouch can give you the accuracy edge you need to beat your opponent simply because you suffer less RNG and throw off the aim of many players for a moment. With the higher speed while crouching you remove most of the only negative effect that crouching has.

You are overselling your point now. Infinite ammo=no AA? Just like that?
    ammo printer is a very nice addition to a vehicle, but you are still sacrificing an implant slot for something that doesn't make you more battle-efficient. For a vehicle you have the choice between Ammo Printer, Counter-intel (if you got it), Target Focus and Sweeper HUD. Between the 4 of them, Counter-Intel helps you tell if you are spotted and react to that, Target Focus helps you pick the right target and spot if you are being effective (say, hitting the rear or side armor) and Sweeper helps you spot Mines and C4. Not that anyone would want to have an Implant that helps protect you against 2 of the most dangerous infantry weapons around. Same with Mineguard actually. Almost as many tanks die to mines as to C4, there's a perfect safeguard to be picked, but no one does...

Anyway, compare that to extra ammo and not having to return home once in a while? All are valuable additions, but Ammo Printer is the most QoL one and the least effective for direct combat.
  2. LaughingDead

That's why you crouch and move right, the whole point is to displace the head, however for you to truly keep displacing effectively, the crouch would have to be a tap instead of a constant use. You're here going on about wasting an implant slot and yet I shouldn't be using regen+ammo or battle or sweeper but instead catlike for that one combat trick that barely has an impact on most fights? Again, that's an oversell.

A tank with no reason to go back on the otherhand can constantly destroy reinforcements and constantly stunt a comeback or continue a hold with little to no reason to go (unless it's too damaged), a proper topgunner combo can equip focus and tell you the HP if that is so bloody necessary, but in general it isn't, most tankers count shots; track smoke levels. And there isn't any other reason that the gunner couldn't equip ammo printer as well, but since you can just resupply from the pilot anyhow you can have counter intel and relay information or just get hit, it auto spots anyhow.
    Ammo printer is both versatile, applies to a ton of classes, acts as munitions belt and ammo belt, practically replaces engies for lone wolf players, has extended my max vehicle killing sprees to ridiculous times and can be put on vehicles to resupply all seats and doesn't compete for a second slot for vehicles for the most part.
    The only time I could see ammo printer being swapped out is for safefall engies in lou of focus. While focus's Hp monitoring can be taught by experience, battle only for infantry, safeguard for infantry, minor cloak infantry, regen infantry, catlike infantry, etcetc, ammo printer is good for everything.
  3. Murphy_

If catlike is speed sensitive, why not set the trigger point on the Recon Detect Device, Motion Spotter and RD-GG Recon device to 1/2 the distance between walking and catlike 5.

Walking is approximately 4.25 M/S.
    Catlike 5 is approximately 3.83 M/S.
    Halfway between is 4.04 M/S.
    So walking and running would still set off the sensor, but any crouch would not.

As for the increased jumping in catlike 5, it would still trip the sensor (involves standing and moving).
    Unless the sensor only picks up horizontal movement and not vertical.

Any upgrade to Catlike would just allow the player to move faster or jump higher as in Catlike 5.

This would be an easy fix that needs some consideration, there might be others too.

This would not take any programming, just reset the sensor trip point.
  4. SixNineFour

You sure about the counter intel working like that for vehicles ? I don't have it so I can't verify, but the wiki specifically says that the hud notification when spotted doesn't work while in a vehicle.

Also, contributing factor to for people dieing to mines is because the other options all significantly increase overall survivability. This applies to C4 as well. Vehicles with NAR, stealth or composite armor die to mines after they got out a situation where they would have died with mineguard.

I run Ammo Printer and Target Focus since I don't really see Sweeper HUD being useful for vehicles. Mines and c4 are easily avoided.
    To counter C4, I just deploy auto-turret while stationary. Very unlikely to be caught with c4 while moving, extremely unlikely to be tagged by 2 while moving. And mines tend to be in obvious places, I rarely die to them. Everything else kills me much more often in any vehicle.
    Though I did die to a mine earlier today while I landed my ESF on one. This is the first time this happened to me ever.
    But I don't see it being at all useful for aircraft ATM.
  5. JobiWan

I've been trying Sweeper Hud, but like it's previous incarnation, it doesn't work very well. I'm usually pretty good at spotting mines away so I tried the Ammo Printer last night as a tank driver. I think that's the way to go now, coupled with Target Focus.
  6. Icehole1999

I play on PS4 so I don't think I'll ever get implants. Or construction, or see an OS, or ever get MAX charge.

While I'm all for b*tching about PS2, on paper I don't see what the fuss is concerning implants. The only one I see remotely useful is the Ammo Printer. And thats not game breaking. I'm a hyper aggressive HA main, MAX secondary, LA when I'm bored type of player. Are there going to be more implants coming.

And does Catlike 5 work for a MAX?
  7. Amnoon

The main point of using Catlike 5 as an advantage in combat is that it allows you to easily jump a lot of the normal walls and obstacules (like the biolab barriers for example). So that creates a huge advantage because you have more ways to escape or flank and you enemy is not expecting that cause it should be impossible for a player without the implant (unless you are a LA). I think that this exploit was not planned by the devs and I hope they don't nerf it because otherwise it will be worthless.

Also my fav implants are health regen, battle hardener and I am planning to use a lot the new assimilate implant if the changes in the PTS go live.