[Suggestion] Allow Server Transfers Or Remove Server Lock

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GeeBee, Apr 4, 2017.

1. GeeBee

So, I know this has been brought up before, probably just wasting my time and yours for even posting, but the GM that responded to my ticket told me to come here and post.

General Ranting on Lag, Clientside, and the Asian Migration.
    I started on Connery NC at the launch of the game, had a ton of fun through the years, but Connery is not what she used to be. With client side hit detection the influx of Chinese and Korean players makes game play less than fun. (in my weirdest clientside experience I was in a lag bubble out of synch and didn't realize it, I was in a lightning firing at a magrider for about ~30s wondering why he wasn't dieing/smoking or shooting back, when it finally synched all my shots hit him at once and he exploded, i expected to die but didn't, I assumed on his screen I was never there to begin with, this is an old extreme situation, the most common is someone comes around a corner and shoots you before you see him come around the corner he has already put X number of bullets into you, you shoot him back, and maybe kill him, but he was afforded more time to shoot you than he should have considering you were already aimed down sight ready to shoot anything that came around the corner, also if you have enough lag you can run into a room and C4 people before you even render to them that you ran into the room.) Also in a game that is based on co-operative teamwork to get objectives done the language barrier is also detrimental to game play.

The Connery of today is not the server I started on, if I were starting now I would not be on Connery, it would be on Emerald. I've made alts on Emerald and in general the game play there is much better, I cannot see myself grinding out everything all over again. I would pay for a server transfer, If I cannot get a server transfer expect me to keep poking about server transfers while not putting anymore money into SOE, DBG, or whoever else owns it next.

Options I see possible
    A) DBG can Charge money for server transfers, as long as its reasonable ~25 bucks, shouldn't get too many complaints. ~10 is better, some of us may end up paying for our friends to come to and lower is always better.
    B) Remove the Server lock on characters/outfits and allow play where ever, probably some technical difficulties here, more of a pipedream than anything.

From my perspective there is enough reason for server transfers to exist. I can only theorize that we do not have server transfers as some form of game design goal to punish and penalize the playerbase if situations change, like moving IRL or the server going caustic and wanting to trap people there as long as possible so it doesn't just cascade collapse.
    • Up x 9
  2. ShadowAssociate

Agreed. I'm pretty much in the exact same boat as you. Not only would I pay to transfer; I would be more inclined to spend money on this game, in general.
    • Up x 2
  3. FateJH

Question, why not pay the money you promised upon server transfer towards the aforementioned alt. character on that server?

That's a stupid hypothesis; if you don't know, you could have just asked.

The initial intent was to foster civics specific to a server's clime. "Why would you care about what any specific server was like if you could escape to some other unrelated situation on some other server so conveniently?," in more words than probably necessary.
    • Up x 1
  4. GeeBee

Because I am a dissatisfied customer for what I feel are legitimate reasons, I am not going to put the amount of time and money into doing it all over again, especially on the same faction. This is a simple cake or death decision for DBG, allow transfers and make more money, or don't make any more money(from me at least).

As far as the initial intent goes it seems the clime isn't what it used to be, and as a native of the server the clime should be restored or I should be allowed to transfer. As restoring the clime is impossible the latter is the only reasonable option.
    • Up x 1
  5. BrbImAFK

icwutudidthar :p
    • Up x 1
  6. FateJH

Eddie Izzard reference, or Lee Hazlewood reference?
  7. BrbImAFK

Better be Izzard. Izzard was FIRST! :p
    • Up x 1
  8. GeeBee

It's definitely izzard:D
    • Up x 1
  9. JohnGalt36

The reason they won't do this is that everyone would jump ship from Connery (myself included), leaving the Asians to be the lone players on Connery, which would get shut down just like the Asian server did.

Then, Emerald gets the horde of lagwizards, but with an even greater distance from the server.
  10. BrbImAFK

You never know.... they might go to Briggs and "save" that server! :p
  11. FateJH

As far as I've been told, the Asian community gets worse ping to Briggs than they do to Connery.
  12. GeeBee

Update, still need server transfers, the Cancer that is Connery 2017 needs chemotherapy. Standing offer DBG $50 for 1 time transfer to Emerald, Connery is an unbearable pit of desolation and trash 90% of time. The Faction populations overpop is very predictable by time of day, which is a pretty clear sign to me that the server is in an unhealthy state of underpop.
  13. Obzidious

You probably won't like to hear this but with Connery's population dropping some of the Asian outfits are starting to move from Connery over to Emerald.
  14. FateJH

It'll be a month this week. Do you realize how far you would have gotten with an alternate character on Emerald if you had made it back on the 4th?
  15. dreyone

Yeah, Connery is completely ****** now. I can't even play at all. I log in and it crashes the entire computer forcing me to reboot the whole machine. When I finally do manage to get in game without crashing, the whole game is so glitchy from all the chinese and korean spam everywhere that everything you do takes 30 seconds to happen after clicking/pressing the key to trigger the action.

Daybreak doesn't care at all. It's a **** company. I'll probably just end up uninstalling the game and switch over to ARMA3. Game has gone to complete ****
  16. LordKrelas

You do know that having those players there, can't actually affect your system, or game right?
    Them loading in, or having horrid ping, just makes them look spazzy but it can't crash your ****.
    Nor does the server you pick have an effect on your system...

The whole delay, sounds like You being in a swarm of magriders, or having **** ping yourself really.
    - A connery player.
  17. Nintyuk

At bear minimum server transfers should be a thing, It's a basic feature of most MMO's and it's long overdue.
    Even if it has lot's of restrictions it's worth it.
    • Up x 1
  18. Johannes Kaiser

Transfer should become possible.
    For example, I played on Miller since December 2012 (char is "only" BR 103, for reasons that will be explaines later).
    I used to play with friends, but nowadays, the question if they want to play is superfluous, sicne the answer is "no".
    Now my Eternal Crusade guild plays Planetside as well, but on another server, same faction. And I don't want to start a new char on the same faction. On another faction it would have the slightly altered flair, but this? It would only throw me back to 2012, the only exception being what I bought in SC. But the interesting parts are Cert-based, so...
    And I BET, there are more people with the same problem out there.
    PLEASE MAKE TRANSFER TOKENS A THING!
  19. Killuminati C

I give up. Transfers obviously aren't going to happen and Connery is on life support. Since launch I've seen some ups and downs but the state of Connery has made the game completely unenjoyable. I log for 5 mins and quit out of frustration most nights lately.

It's a NA server that has a majority of players from the opposite hemisphere (really makes you appreciate clientside hit detection). Continents get locked primetime a half hour after the playerbase shifts there due to hive spam. And this pushes the other 2 factions to either log off or 4th faction leading to one faction having 40% pop. Every damn night.

I'm not going to start over. I'll just wait until they merge Emerald and Connery and come back, enjoy playing against a playerbase the majority of which is on my own continent again, use my 6 month bonuses and see if I enjoy myself, and most likely quit. Not another dollar or membership from this guy.

I've stayed positive and optimistic for quite some time but the issues with this server have been left to fester for far too long.
  20. Nektera

Yea true. I want to change server just because i want lower ping.

PS2 is a very bad experience for people playing in Asia.