Implants....let me get this straight...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kartaugh, Apr 15, 2017.

1. breeje

the new system is unfair to the players who had nothing before, new players and players who used up all of there energy
    for me who saved everything only running battle hardened of the lowest rank got over 40,000 ISO
    and was very lucky with the implant drops
    i got to fully upgrade every implant i want and still sit with over 25,000 ISO
    so i am hoping new implants will come soon

i have a double feeling here, nothing to complain about but i know the new implant system is unfair
    en on top of this, there are so many players who got everything for free in the VR room
    i don't think those guys will be complaining on this forum
  2. Violence777

Basically three guys on this forum going around and commenting every single implant thread the same message.
    All about how they're great and stop crying blah blah.

The Implants are pay to win trash. Ridiculously overpriced for not only a game this age but ANY game out right now.
    Obviously so.

The most sensible conclusion being these few "fanbois" are employed by daybreak or planetside in some manner.

I spend alot of money on games. I dont mind. But i want to at least get the impression of fair value for my investments.

I dropped Planetside2 like a hot potato. You can keep your implants. I'm done.
    • Up x 2
  3. Stan

I had hoped the game would have a long life under Daybreak, but after this fiasco I doubt it. I love the game and will continue to play but will not be subscribing or buying any more in game currency until this matter is appropriately addressed.
  4. BrbImAFK

From my latest comments on reddit :

I freely admit to being one of the harshest critics of the new implants system. In fact, I cancelled my subscription over it, because I figured that "voting with my wallet" was the only way to show my disapproval of the devs actions.

However.... this video is relevant here. No matter what my intentions were, the beancounters at Columbus Nova will simply interpret a lack of sales and/or cancelled subs to mean that PS2 is no longer worth investing time and money into. Development will end, and we'll be into the maintenance mode death spiral.

I'm still not happy about the new implants system. But I like PS2 enough to want to see it continue, and if living with this new implants system is what it takes to make Columbus Nova allow continuing development on PS2, then that's what it takes.

I've resubscribed, and even spent some DBC on implant packs (something I swore I wouldn't do). I encourage you all to do likewise.

I don't want to encourage cash-grabs, but I don't want to see PS2 die either. I hope that the devs will use our continuing support to demonstrate to CN that PS2 is still alive and kicking, and that they'll be allowed to spend time on better development (like the combined arms initiative).
    • Up x 1
  5. Demigan

Edit: yes you point exactly to what I've said before. Canceling backfires. Your best bet is to keep your subscription but spend nothing on the implant system.
    • Up x 1
  6. Haquim

I understand your point, but I definitely won't do that.

I DON'T want PS2 to end.

But the way I see it is this:

It is a game that could be exactly what I want, but with 75% of their changes they make it worse.
    To be a bit profane: It's turning into ****.

So my choice is either:
    1. Pay money to people transforming what I like into ****.
    This will make those people think their **** is golden and they will step up ****-production.

2. Pay no money to the people transforming what I like into ****.
    They will think its not worth it and keep it on bare lifesupport - but won't make it even worse.
    Also I get to keep my money.

Obviously I'm NOT gonna take option 1.
    And I'd rather have this game die with a little bit of dignity instead of living longer but turning into an FPS where I'm being shot by some pink MAX abomination thats wearing a Willy Wonka hat with twin linked candy guns.
    • Up x 2
  7. Cancerion

It's almost as if the game isn't playable without implants! Quick guys, grab your pitchforks!
    Oh, wait.. it's still playable? False alarm, everybody! The wambulance is on it's way to pass out cookies and milk.
  8. RockPlanetSide2

Implants don't make you any worse or better. Do I think that RNG is just a money maker for DBG, sure. But, you also don't have any hard numbers on how much it is making them, I buy all kinds of stuff, but I'm never going to spend 1 cent on RNG nonsense.

And since any implant is not stopping you from getting sniped in the head or killed by a better player... they don't matter.

The old system sucked, I'm sorry you wasted some of your time, you are making it sound like you lost $1000.00... you did not, maybe you had 5 bucks in super charges, tops when the new system came down You were not going to spend any more or less money.

Stop whining.
  9. Violence777

lol yea you're not a fanboi at all.
    seems legit.
    • Up x 1
  10. FieldMarshall

Things change. Things gets added and things get removed. You sometimes get compensated and sometimes you dont.
    Sometimes you get screwed over with no explanation and unfortunately for you thats the eula you agreed to and have to deal with.
    • Up x 1
  11. Direlithe

Equating OPs argument to 'this game is unplayable' is pushing it, even for a strawman.
  12. Zuprize

I don't understand what people see p2w in implants. I understand people that took their time and fought the RNG of the past system to get a specific level 4 implant and lose it with the new system, but p2w? Nah.
  13. Direlithe

I think it's a lack of vocabulary, and people are using 'p2w' in an attempt to name the true culprit. FPS players may not be familiar with mmos that are gear-based, in which you have to grind a ton of hours and/or spend money to get a chance at obtaining rare game items that give you an advantage.

Some may think implants aren't a big deal on their own, but let's not forget that it is one more skill/advantage wall that new and inexperienced players have to climb, apart from the infantry, vehicle cert wall, and auraxium directive wall, etc. All of these walls and the addition of more in the future will further create a game that becomes less skill based and more gear based.

I'd rather win a 1v1 fight because of my skill, not by how many fancy gizmos or upgraded bull**** I've spent hours certing into, but that's just my opinion.
  14. Demigan

I point out how you have to act if you don't like the Implant system, IE don't buy anything from it to send the best message to Daybreak, and I'm a fanboi?
    You realize that a fanboi would have told you to go and spend in the implant system regardless?

Really, "your a fanboi" is the worst kind of argument. Imagine if I was a fanboi, then my arguments don't stop being true. A real fanboi would defend it with similar "arguments" as you have done so far. "I (don't) like it!". You know, subjectivity.
  15. BrbImAFK

Unfortunately, as I previously hadn't considered, the only way this "message" is going to be interpreted is by Columbus Nova.... who're going to conclude that PS2 is done and that further development of any sort (including good-probably things like the Combined Arms Initiative) is a waste and will put PS2 into shutdown mode.

I don't like the P2W system. I don't like cash grabs. But I'd like PS2 folding a great deal less so, with gritted teeth, I'm retracting my previous position and reluctantly supporting the Implants system.
  16. FLHuk

Didn't use the last incarnation of implants, still ignoring them.

It's all a choice :)
  17. Direlithe

Face it demi, you're a fanboi through and through. Embrace it.
  18. Demigan

I complain too much about the game's faults for that. But what I complain about are actually faults in the game.
  19. Direlithe

mmk
  20. Demigan

More like "Just because I point out stupid reasons to hate on the game, doesn't make me a fanboi".