Anti-Vehicle MANA Turret

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by XRAY38, Jan 23, 2017.

1. XRAY38

Hello
    I see that you have decreased the power of the vehicle anti turret of the engineer follows the update of January 12, 2017,

"Anti-Vehicle MANA Turret
    Projectile lifetime of 4.75sec. To 3.2sec.
    Dev Note: This modification effectively reduces the maximum range of the weapon from 450m to 300m, which is the distance that the infantry makes most often. As a vehicle player, it is not fun to be hit by targets you can not see, and the AV MANA Tourelle has often created problems for this purpose. Shortening the impact of long-term precision AV weapons also helps to foster the new infantry to the vehicle's interaction, we will evolve towards in the coming days. "

I do not understand why the fight is no longer fair between an armored vehicle and an engineer even an infiltrator has a firepower superior to a turret and it is not pleasant to be killed by an infiltrated while it is too far
  2. Eternaloptimist

It's irritating to be sure, not to be able to hit vehicles in plain view that are just sitting there out of range now. But I can see that tube launched infantry rockets shouldn't really have the same range as high velocity tank weapons (or any high velocity weapons for that matter).

Still got the infantry killing explosive capacity though :) and to be honest, I always found my mana turret to be at a major disadvantage against a tank at any range (immobile and squishy).
  3. cobaltlightning

The reason for the nerf is in the dev note itself. "As a vehicle player, it is not fun to be hit by targets you can not see." 300 Meters is the most common distance that Infantry players would become visible to the average player.

Before complaining about buffs and/or nerfs, put yourself on both sides of the coin.
  4. Meserion

I could say the same thing about Skyguards and AA MAXs as a pilot, but will those be nerfed? No...
  5. BrbImAFK

Yeah, but AV turrets can kill you.... Skyguards and AA MAX's can only annoy you unless you're stupid.
  6. srobit

Light infantry can access areas that others can't, move fast, throw c4 from above and now have rocket launchers too. They are still not OP. Now you see a tank and try to shoot it with an AV turret it won't even hit it. Many times I got killed by tanks when I tried to move closer. But no problem in the next patch add some shield and cloak device for the LA. Also make sniper rifles efficient only in 30m because it's no fun getting killed from far
  7. JobiWan

Used mine last night for the first time since the nerf. It's useless now. Tanks right there and I couldn't hit them, but they could hit me. Getting sick of all the nerfs.
  8. cobaltlightning

At the render ranges of anything Flak, it'd be difficult for the Flak Gunner to stay on target, anyway, be it Skyguard, AA MAX, or Aspis Phalanx Turrets. The rounds explode on proximity to aircraft, but they still have to get in proximity of aircraft.

The Skyguard, Burster, and Aspis each have muzzle velocities of 400, 325, and 375 meters per second respectively. At ~800 Meters (which isn't quite render range but still a helluva distance) that's about two seconds worth of leading the target you're shooting at. Let's throw in some more data, too: The Ranger has the same velocity as the Burster, at 325, but now we get into the non-flak AA, most notibaly the Walker and the Xiphos phalanx turret.

The Walker has a Muzzle Velocity of an astounding 1000 Meters per Second, but does not have the Flak that most other AA Weapons posses.
    The Xiphos is meant for Anti-Infantry, but it's high rate of fire (545) and decent velocity (600) it can put as much pressure on aircraft.

My point? If you're getting shot down from the ground while ~500 meters away or Greater, you're doing something wrong.
  9. Eternaloptimist

I have mixed feelings about this. I agree LAs are not as OP as many people think (mainly the tankers who don't move and don't look around). But giving LAs shields and cloaks would make them OP imo.
    As to Mana Turret range - everything has an effective range and you just have to adjust to the change. the turret is a support weapon, it is not for engaging tanks other than in support of your own tanks if you want to survive. And it has always been vulnerable to tank fire - we were never going to outshoot a tank "mano a mano".
    It is no fun being killed at any range by someone you didn't know was there. Snipers are long range shooters and that's all there is to it.

NB I play all three classes referred to above and so I'm not anti any of them.
  10. Xebov

Only issue: AV-Turrets dont count as Infantry, they count as vehicles. The result is simple, Tanks can now farm Infantry and AV-Mana Turrets while staying out of range.

The Nerf is nothing more and nothing less than a try to cover up technical limitations and gameplay issues by making a one sided nerf.
    • Up x 2
  11. DeadlyOmen

Saying that the reduced range of the AV turret is good for infantry/vehicle interaction (the so called combined arms initiative) shows a lack of knowledge re: combined arms theory.

When the enemy deploys anti-tank guided missiles, it is the infantry's job to clear those weapons. *This* is combined arms interaction.

Reducing the range of a weapon does no enhance combined arms gameplay- it detracts from it.

Let's talk about hard to see ATGMs:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9M14_Malyutka
  12. JonnyBlue

You are all presuming you can even set up your AV turret in the first place without getting sniped or blown to pieces , In truth the AV turret is useless like most infantry AV weapons , RLs only good in groups , C4 is a one trick pony that needs the right circumstances to use , MAX AV is ok but you need to be a good shot.

Always flicks my switch that tankers think they have a divine right not to be killed you only need to check the forum posts to see how deluded this part of the combined arms are.
  13. JibbaJabba

What needs to happen: Q spotted vehicles need to display range while using the AV mana turret. I get the reason for the nerf, but I need to know if my weapon can hit a tank so I don't sit there in harms way launching shots that I can't tell are missing or running out of range.
  14. Eternaloptimist

I only ever shoot from behind a pain field nowadays..........just to drive off HE spammers firing long range shots into my base.

Out in the open I set up then run away. If no one blows the turret to bits immediately I jump on it, fire a shot then bug out i.e. waste of time. If I stay longer I am sniped or HE'd.

Still a bit useful for long range AI work though.......................