Population balance problem

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by lokear, Mar 28, 2017.

1. lokear

They not solve the population balance,Because they're afraid to losing players?
  2. boey

Exactly. Of course they could force players to play in a certain faction when the pop gets imbalanced, but that would just drive a lot of players away. People like to play with their certed equipment and leveled characters in their certain faction. Only few have another leveled character with certed equipment in other factions. And even fewer people join the underpopped faction to help them out. A lot of 4th-factioners out there, who just love to jump ship to the winning side.

XP-bonuses for the underpopped faction interest noone. And so, on some servers, like on Miller, the pop is often imbalanced, with VS very often underpopped.

That's just how it is. Maybe, when for example one faction has 0% pop and only 2 factions fight each other, then may something be changed. But only then.
  3. Eternaloptimist

We have population balance queues for access to continents. There are limitations e.g. they only kick in if the total pop on a continent is above a certain number (150 IIRC).

Used to be my TR avatars were always turning up in VR training becasue overpop but now it appears to be the NC avatars (EU servers). I have noticed that VS numbers fluctuate a lot. Sometimes they are up there with the other factions but they are more likely than the others to be low pop on other occasions.

AFAIK this is a recent thing or, at least, I've only noticed it in the last two or three weeks.
  4. hollowed

All I can say is the game is starting to suck if you're EU VS, I mean sure I could just forever play infiltrator and farm kills if I were dead inside. With pretty much constant underpop and all the close range oomph the other factios have and being shelled from every side and swarmed in ESF spray in virtually every fight.
    And to top it all off, radher sooner than later it all boils down to "we all live in the biolab forever and ever"
    this thing is starting to slowly go where the sun don't shine bro.
  5. Eternaloptimist

Interesting obsevation. I seem to see a lot more biolab fights nowadays and many more large fights in those places than anywhere else. Could just be random I suppose, or could it be because this is one of the last places you can have an infantry-only fight?

I have noticed that it is pretty much a death sentence on the EU servers to play infantry outdoors nowadays (and that often includes being outside of a building in a base which is overlooked from outside).

I'm not whining - just reflecting on how the game may have changed in the couple of years I've been playing it.

It is particularly disappointing though when I play VS during one of thier underpop spells and the disproportionate effect of air and tank attack on the small force we are able to muster turns it into a poor experience.
  6. stalkish

LOL the **** people spew around here.
    I swear you all just listen to a youtube vid and repeat ad nauseam.

I have a very different experience when i log on to what is claimed in this thread.
    /shrugs.
  7. DeadlyOmen

Balance is boring.
  8. JonnyBlue

Actually I enjoy being the underdog gives me something to fight for and a purpose to play VS.

As for Bio lab fights there just pure infantry fights where tanks cant ruin it for everyone with there long range pew pew.

As for why Bio lab fights happen so often ill make no secret that I detest 24hr Tank players who use the excuse of combined arms to pad there stats were not talking casual tank users who pull a tank to defend a base or if the circumstance dictates but the real morons who play tanks 24/7 regardless or any excuse they make like playing tanks is fun or they can play what they want even if it ruins great infantry battles just because they want to pad there stats.

A typical example was yesterday at the crown when 6-7 Maggies were just sat on the rocks firing into TI Alloys while the scant infantry we had could not take the base from TR , I'm pretty sure those Maggies got lots of kills but for what purpose if we couldn't take the base in the end NC joined in with tons of infantry and took the base.

By no means do I mean to tar every tank driver with the same brush some tanks actually do support there infantry even fighting alongside them but from what I'm seeing lately that's pretty rare as most tanks just like to sit on hills and pick off whatever target gets in there sights.

This is combined arms right? Arnt Tanks ment to be the spearhead of any force and yet I find the infantry are always in front how strange.
  9. csvfr

Population imbalance bonuses and queues should be activated in consideration of the held territories and their lattice links. Its unfair now that the faction with, say 5 territories to defend, is granted bonus XP against the faction with, say 10 territories to defend, unless the other faction has more than twice the amount of players. Simple because the first faction can focus their troops more effectively and force the other faction to abandon territories.

The current system does not incentivize conquering the maps by sheer force.