NC Maxes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cochise15, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Campagne

I swear, if I had a dollar for every time I've had to say this about of PS2 gameplay video: The "real-world" performance of the weapon shown in the clip is not indicative of the weapon's actual performance. If one was to test it for themselves in the VR, they would most likely find the results to be lacking.

As for this clip in particular, the editor even fast-forwards the parts that don't support his claim. :p
  2. BrbImAFK

I didn't go and rewatch the whole video, but as far as I can tell he mostly just fastforwards where not a lot is happening..... maybe it's just you telling porkies! :p
  3. Campagne

First instance starts at 0:46 and ends at 0:54, while he was actively firing at enemies up until 0:52 where he leaves to another area of the tower. He failed to kill any of the four enemies that he fired at in that time.

That wasn't even a minute's worth of time. ;)
  4. BrbImAFK

That's true.... but did you see the SIZE of the XP ticks he was getting? Even if he didn't kill them, he put some serious hurt on them. Never heard of an assist, hmm? You can't get ALL the kills...

And don't strawman like that. You're better than that.
  5. Campagne

True, but in a video specifically highlighting the (perceived or otherwise) lethality of a NC duel slugged-Mattock MAX, assists aren't really the intended focus. It's all 'bout those kills, baby!

Add to the fact that the editor speed up parts of the video that demonstrate the "range" of the weapon just because they didn't result in any kills just gives off a "tampering with evidence" feeling. Good hits can be worth just as much as kills, in my opinion. (Depending, anyway.)

Strawman? I genuinely don't understand how my comment would be strawmanning in any way. I guess it sort of implies impatience...? Or my commentary on the video itself? :confused:
  6. LaughingDead

3 words. Flare gun montage.

Just because one guy makes a clip of how well he does with the item in question, it does not mean the item is consistent, applicable to the situation it was being used in or that the item does as well as compared to another item.

Why not pull up stats from dasanfall instead of work completely based off of one video that was made to be biased in this argument?
    • Up x 1
  7. BrbImAFK

Because, afaik the stats on DA go back forever - right to the start of PS2. Which means they include everything that's been buffed, nerfed, changed beyond recognition etc. There is no way in hell that those stats are actually useful for anything now, since they can't be said to represent the current state of the game. Hell - in DA, VS MAX's are still probably looking stupidly OP simply from how long they had pre-nerf ZOE.....
  8. PYROxSYCO

That's the problem we have to resort to using NS weapons to do damage. What are we VS? Shots fired!
  9. Colinljx

Sad days we live in:(. I can still use the default repeater or auto TMP when playing stalker on TR, but have to resort to NS sidearms on VS. The developers screwed up their "asymmetric balance" and left it unfixed so that they can sell more NS weapons...
    • Up x 1