Lasher could use a slight rebalance

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fennel, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Colinljx

You can spam it indefinitely, with a fully upgraded ammo pack... The resupply bug is the least of the problem since it happens rarely and randomly to infantry/vehicle on all sides. A heavy, on the hand, cannot spam indefinitely.
    That carbine is slightly worse than the standard one in 1v1 but still much superior than lasher, the topic weapon of this thread. Its DPS is more than enough for most engagement, and a good player will either OHK you with a direct grenade launcher hit or headshot you after damaging you with it. If you think that using the UB attachments comes with no advantage to infantry 1v1s, you're insane.
  2. Rydenan

Lmfao, please link me to your profile where you have all those UBGL kills, since it's so good that it not only doesn't give you a disadvantage, but actually puts you at an advantage in 1v1s! Amazing!

You know, there are two purchasable variants to each faction's default AR: the -Burst variant, and the -S variant. The difference being that one can burstfire and has no underbarrel attachments, while the other autofires and does have underbarrel attachments.
    On all three factions, the version without underbarrel attachments has near or over twice the KPH of the version with underbarrel attachments. Kinda weird to see those sorts of stats when
    isn't it?
  3. Colinljx

Lmfao, please link me to your profile where you have all those UBGL death, since it's so bad that it not only doesn't give you a advantage, but actually puts you at an disadvantage in 1v1s! Amazing!

You know, there are many purchasable alternatives to each faction's default carbine: the -Burst variant of default, the -S variant for attachments, and others that excel in better RPM/accuracy/control. The differences being that one has a burstfire mode (that a player can manually burst without) with OK RPM, one has shotgun/grenade launcher/smoke attachments with moderate RPM, while the others autofire faster/less recoil/etc..
    On all three factions, many guns has way more KPH than the -Burst or -S carbine with underbarrel attachments. Kinda weird to see you mentioning those sorts of stats when the topic of this thread is about
    isn't it?
  4. Rydenan

The f*ck you talkin about? I've never once been killed by an UBGL. I think that proves my point.

You know, usually when people try to be snarky by repeating what the other person said with slight modifications, they change the meaning to support their own point.
    But you changed my quote to say that.. "many guns have way more KPH than the ones with underbarrel attachments."
    Yeah. I know. Because, like I said, UBGL is bad.
  5. Colinljx

The f*ck you talkin about? I've never once been killed by an -S carbine (or Lasher, which you have been trying to avoid talking about or mentioning its stats). I think that proves my point.

You know, usually when people try to be lazy by repeating what the other person said with slight modifications, they change the meaning to support their own point.
    Thus I changed your quote to say that.. "many guns have way more KPH than the ones with underbarrel attachments"
    Yeah. I know. Because, like I said, Lasher is even worse.
  6. stalkish

[IMG][IMG]
    • Up x 2
  7. Ziggurat8

I love my Lasher just the way it is. If you buffed it, I wouldn't mind, but I don't think it needs to be stronger. If you change it to be stronger 1v1 I will be sad, because it would have to be changed to be weaker AOE/CC.

Right now the Lasher is a spam weapon for when you have multiple targets clumped together. Tower stair cases, Techplant balconies or any AMS you have an over head angle on the Lasher performs like no other weapon in the game. It is very situational though. I suggest you only use the Lasher after you've had an "omfg look at all those guys" moment. Otherwise, just about any other weapon WILL serve you better. But those times when you need a Lasher....Mmm mmm mmm.

It's taken me a while to get a handle on the best way to use the Lasher, now that I understand when and where to pull it I easily rack up huge kill streaks. I wish I had saved the video of my 27 KS using it. I was about 100m away from a doorway into a room that had 15-20 TR packed in it. Just kept moving around getting different angles into the room coating the walls and floor with copious joyous Lasher pain. At 1 point I got 5 kills from a Lasher volley into the room on enemies I didn't have LOS on.

Please please please don't change my Lasher. Use an LMG if you want to run and gun, that's what they're there for.
    • Up x 1
  8. Colinljx

The first one I can't see, but thanks for the second meme! (I will use it later if I have to...) It's sad that the easiest way to deal with ******* is to mock them with their own twisted logic.:p

Unfortunately, the grenade launcher carbines are just better when it comes to versatility and deadliness, with the added bonus of infinite ammo. Of course, ammo packs are plentiful in a crowded bio lab, but then the rocket launchers become a better alternative to Lasher as well for the heavies...

I wish more players would actually buy the grenade launcher carbines, since they have no idea how useful even just a couple of grenade launcher engineers can be (compared to Lasher that requires more users and ammo packs), but most people will just take a look at the sales page and buy the gun with the biggest RPM and never bother to check out the add-on in VR. The fact that this game promotes direct killing and rewards little to support/assist didn't help either...
  9. TheZetifate1745

This is my idea.
    Change rof to 360
    Change muzzle velocity to 150 or 175
    Change direct dmg to either 130 no drop or 150 up to 10m then drop to 125 at 70m
    Change indirect dmg to 100 up to 2 or 3 m then have 50 dmg at 5 m
    Make 30% more accurate
    Add ammo attachment that add the mode zerg killer.
    It would make lasher have 200 ammo and wouldnt work with extended mag.
    In the mode the lasher would have the current accuracy but 15% less accurate.
    It would charge up to 4 shots and then decrease the accuracy that much.
    Then after the 5fth shot it would shoot two plasma things like liberator chaingun.
    At a rate of 720 rpm you would use ammo quick but it would obliterate zerg.
    After ammo is gone lasher will need 6 second cooldown and 4 second reload.
    The total pool of ammo with ammo attackment would be 200/400.

I want this mode so badly make lasher great for the first time not again.
  10. TheZetifate1745

Forgot to say without attackment lasher would do 50% dmg to vehicles always any armor would be ignored just 50%dmg. With attachment no heavy armored vehicle dmg. So about 60 dmg a shot to any vehicle.
  11. TheZetifate1745

I know it really op but lasher would be good against many people at range.
  12. TheZetifate1745

Or you could not have zerg killer and ad ammo called he or lashing which would dercrease direct dmg but would increase splash radius and dmg.
    It would also destroy and projectile withing 10m that is going slower than 150m per second. You can also have barrel or rail attachment which makes shield that absorbs 50% dmg while shooting. It would protect only from front. Also could make "flash suppresor which would decrease max dmg and splash dmg and raduis but would make lasher balls show only after they have gone about 30 to 50m.

These are my ideas so far.
  13. Rydenan

Mate, I don't think "proves my point" means what you think it means.

Besides, if you've never once been killed by an -S variant carbine, how exactly are we supposed to believe your "expertise" on them and how much better then are than the Lasher?
  14. Colinljx

My thoughts exactly.
    In case you don't understand, I was mocking your logic, though I mistype-d the -B with -S...
    See the flaws of your logic:
    "...if you've never once been killed by..., how exactly are we supposed to believe your 'expertise' on..."
    (Getting killed by a weapon does not let you claim to have expertise in any of the weapons that kills you, same goes for weapons that haven't killed you)

You also mentioned stats, which I checked, which shows the -S variant having higher KPH than Lasher. (at least KPH is the stats that you care about...)

To quote myself since you don't care to read before posting:
  15. Ziggurat8

Tried your endless ammo grenade launcher the last couple days on my NC. It's decent, but it's no Lasher. It's better in that it 1HK's but it's far too slow to take out groups with when compared to the Lasher. If I had bought it on my VS I'd certainly want my certs back.

In the same exact situations I was using the grenade launcher I have no doubt I'd have double or triple the kills in the same amount of time. Lasher lays down much more damage (Edit: damage per second) and has almost no down time for when the perfect opportunity presents itself. The reload/resupply cycle is sooo slow on the under barrel grenade launcher.

Lasher is superior IMO. Not to mention I get the full effect of AOE spam on my resist shielded HA, with a back up Massamune which also does very good AOE and rocks MAXs.
  16. Colinljx

It really depends on the size of the fight and the situation one is in. For a prime time bio lab fight filled with new players, a Lasher can easily find supports (meat shields + ammo) that allows its user to sit behind, and shoot more as targets are everywhere (with more behind covers) . Once the battle cools and gets smaller, however, the Lasher user often loses the resupply support and endless teammates around, which exposes its weakness. Also, without high ground, Lasher's smaller damage radius and no-drop hurt it more than grenade launcher as well.
  17. Rydenan

You have neither an exceptional number of kills with nor an exceptional number of deaths to an UGBL, yet you make the baseless claim that having an UBGL gives you an advantage in 1v1 combat (which the stats completely disprove; -S variant weapons do not perform better than other weapons.)
    You then use the idea that -S variant weapons are poor (even though previously you touted their effectiveness) as an argument that Lasher is even worse as a suppression weapon, even though you have zero evidence with which to make this claim, other than your own clearly biased 'opinion'. KPH has nothing to do with their suppression ability, so your comparison between Lasher KPH and -S KPH is meaningless when trying to claim one is better than the other at suppression. The only thing we can use KPH for here is to show definitively that UBGL guns are not getting some sort of mystical "1v1 advantage" as you claim.
    The -S variant weapons are better than the Lasher at 1v1s, yes. This is obvious, because they are still mainly AI weapons. But they are far, FAR worse than the Lasher at suppression. They are also less effective in 1v1s than their counterparts, due to their UB attachment slot.
    So, to make it crystal clear to you:
    AI rifles: Strong 1v1, No suppressive/AoE ability
    -S rifles: Okay 1v1, Mediocre suppressive/AoE ability
    Lasher: Mediocre 1v1, Strong suppressive/AoE ability
    What you want is:
    Lasher: Strong 1v1, Strong suppressive/AoE ability
    And somehow you're just too dense to see how that would be stupidly unbalanced.

(Oh and by the way, if you do another half-***** copy-paste response that straddles the line between poor english and unintelligible, I'll just consider it a concession of this argument from you. ;) )
  18. Colinljx

You have neither an exceptional number of kills with nor an exceptional number of deaths to an UGBL, yet you make the baseless claim that having an UBGL gives you no advantage in 1v1 combat (which the stats cannot prove; S variant weapons perform better than many other weapons.)

You first came up with the idea that -S variant weapons are poor (claiming that the KPH of -S is inferior to its variants without mentioning that the S variants' KPH are better than defaults and worse than Burst) out of nowhere probably because I mentioned it, even though you have zero evidence with which to make this claim, other than your own clearly biased 'opinion'. KPH has to do with kills from both suppression and 1v1 ability, so your comparison between non-suppression rifle's KPH and S' KPH is meaningless when trying to claim one is better than the other at either suppression or 1v1. The only thing we canuse KPH for here is to show definitively that S variant guns are not getting some sort of mystical "1v1 disadvantage" as you claim.

The S variant weapons are better than the Lasher at 1v1s, of course. This is obvious, because they are versatile weapons with various attachments (shotgun/grenade/smoke) and higher DPS, but they are just as good as the Lasher at suppression. They are only slightly less in ROF than their counterparts, due to their UB attachment slot.

Thus to make it crystal clear to you:
    High-ROF rifles: Strong in direct, openfield faceoff using only the bullets from the guns; no suppression/AOE ability
    -S rifles: Versatile in 1v1; Good~OK suppression/AOE ability with UBGL
    Lasher: Trash in 1v1; OK~Mediocre suppression/AOE ability

What you want is:
    Actually, I don't know what you want, since all you seemed to be doing was disagreeing on the UBGL...
    I can agree to disagree.

(Oh and by the way, if you don't reply to another clever copy-paste response that straddles the line between excellent English and ingeniousness, I'll just consider it a concession of this argument from you. ;) )
  19. Rydenan

Concession accepted. I'm glad you think I'm right.
  20. Colinljx

Thank you for conceding defeat. I'm glad you think I'm right, too.