[Suggestion] Cloaked Sunderer

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scifi, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Scifi

Why say a cloaked sunderer when its clearly not cloaked, its so easily seen.

I would prefer a chameleon style of cloak than the crap we have now. The cloak that we have now is so easily seen, I've had tanks from distances shooting at my sunderer 1st shot hit. Atleast a chameleon style would be blended in better.
    • Up x 1
  2. FateJH

You wouldn't call it "chameleon style?"
  3. LordKrelas

Wouldn't the tanks then easily see the infantry spawning at it if it didn't have a bubble?
    Or do you mean it literally adopting the colors around & behind the sundy?
  4. No0T

Exactly, vvhat vve need is be able to choose vvhat type of infantry can and cannot pop out of our sunders...

I vvould like to set my invisible sunder to ONLY STALKERS.
    • Up x 3
  5. LordKrelas

Going to the abyss later, but I actually found that maybe practical in the loosest sense.
    Madness.
  6. Liewec123

Cloak:
    to hide, cover or disguise something.

it doesn't say anything about true invisibility,
    it does hide sunderers rather well from enemy armour that is prowling by.

obviously things need to be taken into account for it to work to its fullest potential.
    like don't stick your sunderer in the obvious place that everyone sticks their sunderer (IE the garage)
    if there are allies sticking around the sunderer and firing at things they will draw attention to it.
    lock that sucker so people can't shoot the basilisks at everything that passes! XD
    • Up x 2
  7. PlanetBound

You might as well shoot off some flares when you park it. Just in case the Max and RL guys aren't enough to give it away.
  8. Scifi

When there is lots on, i park it up and then run off. Soon as the noobs spawn its just a 3 stooges outfit, which kills it off in seconds.

Thats why I would prefer it if i could lock it to squad only, then my mates can spawn and not start spotting magriders when their not far away or RL guys start running back for more ammo when they being chased<deep sigh>
    • Up x 1
  9. Scifi

If we got a chameleon style of cloak, then I would want the option to say which side ppl can use the sunderer, cos then i could turn off the side that is pointing away from the wall.
  10. breeje

i don't use a cloaked sunder that often but last time i used it a complete zerg column past my sunder to start shooting at the enemy 20 meters after my sunder, i did not even needed to respawn to get more C4, i just walked to my sunder
    but that chameleon camo sounds interesting, i would like it as a option for my infill
    • Up x 1
  11. No0T

I love to hear some arrogant guy shovving doubts and copy cutting things other people said before a million times also shovving his lack of imagination in the process... is like a small victory in poss of real mental ability a vveak mind pushing to burst into a vvhole nevv unexplored area... And vvhen they put it in the game or test server silently you vvill knovv hovv much right I am also about you.
  12. No0T

VVhat they should really do is obviously since is a much bigger cloaking devise... make it not have the popping out of cloack sound... that is the vvorst give avvay ever... Or make people carry a small distance the cloak as the nano robots fade...

I have so many more ideas than this... but vvell If I don't get pay I don't like to gift you knovv... Though I am biased because cloaked sunders are my thing. I go to fights vvere only the other 2 sides are fighting to experience the predator vvith my stalker and it is very very nice game to do so.
  13. No0T

Man stop trying to pull **** out of your *** vve dont need biased people comments on any suggestion... balance issues are dealt vvith dont try to limit good ideas because you are stupidly scare and think ******** in the forum is good for you... is No0t... is really No0t.
  14. Ziggurat8

Threat detection optics.
  15. Nabutso

The trick with stealth sunderers is to place them such that it isn't clear where it is based only on the infantry movement from the area. In some places, the enemy can only guess as to where it is generally, not exactly, making it hard to coordinate an attack to take it out. For example, a flanking MBT may not see where the sunderer is even if it would be through line of sight otherwise; because, for example, the infantry leaving the sundy are behind cover relative to the MBT.
    • Up x 4
  16. LordKrelas

Nooty, Since I can't tell if your post is insulting me, or not, which is likely what my post was to you.
    I'll explain mine.

You actually had a nice idea.
    I consider that a miracle.
    As well, none has said my particular manner of joke on this entire site that I have seen.

So to summarize.
    Being able to choose what classes can spawn from your cloaked sundy, would be lovely.
    Same with those blasted sundies next to a cliff; For light assaults.
    Or a sign / message that states the best class for that spawn.

This is also interesting.
    So that's twice, I've liked an idea of yours.

However, it's likely not all that new, but either way, I like it.

---
    For why I responded to this Nooty of a Post:
    I felt like it.
    • Up x 1
  17. Kaizure

Sometimes people stumble upon a cloaked bus purely by accident. The game does have the 'luck' factor to consider, because while most people are on the server to fight, some folks hop online to do trainings, to goof around and test their vehicle's limits, or simply to be off doing their own thing and checking out new places to place spawns, bases, etc. As a result, these players will occasionally stumble upon your cloaked bus and say, "Oh look! Free certs!"

As some folks have already said: the trick to placing a cloaked sunderer at a base is putting it in a place where people don't expect a sunderer to be. But still, luck can be cruel and someone can randomly stumble upon it regardless... or watch for where people are coming in from. It's pretty easy to find a bus when you figure out where the people are coming from.
  18. CaptCran

Doesn't matter if it's invisible or cloaked, a 4th factioner will either blow it the second they have a chance or give away the position to the enemy... seen it 100 times... I don't know why I pull them anymore. Just a waste of resources.
  19. Pelojian

use cloak sunderers the way you use hunter cloak and you'll do fine, like hunter it's meant to be a distance cloak, use terrain and cover to hide some of the cloaking bubble to throw people off finding you at closer ranges.
  20. Rydenan

I actually completely agree.
    I've had sundy cloak for several months now, and I've noticed almost no increase in the survivability of my sunderers with it, no matter how clever I get when parking them.
    If you park behind cover like a normal sundie, or in a garage, enemies will know exactly where to look. If you park out in the open or try to 'hide in plain sight', the cloak is so easy to see that it will be blown up within minutes.
    The only way to protect a cloaked sundy is to have a ball of troops around it defending, but that's true of any sundie. Ultimately, you're better off with deploy shield or blockade armor in these situations.
    So what use is cloak, when its sole purpose is to increase the survivability of the sunderer, if deployment shield or blockade armor are almost guaranteed to do a better job at that task?