We're back

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TriumphOfMan, Mar 12, 2017.

1. TriumphOfMan

The Enclave [TE] is back in business.

If you're a supporter of the Terran Republic and this looks like what you want out of Planetside head on over to http://enclaveoilrig.com/ to apply today.
  2. Pat22

Probably gonna get a ton of hate for saying this but;

You're accomplishing with a whole platoon what could have been done with a group of six against an enemy outnumbered 2 to 1.
    On the flip side, it was probably really cool to look at and terrifying on the receiving end.
  3. TriumphOfMan

That's actually a pretty much dead even fight, there's alot more than what's rendering on screen you can see people shooting at what appears to be nothing but it's actually more vehicles that are rendering for them.

Yes, you could sit up there and shoot strikers with a squad of 6 guys, but it'd take a long time to chew through a tonne of vehicles which would keep getting repulled from the techplant the next base over. Instead of a quick smash and grab, and then respawning at warpgate and moving to the next fight, which happened to be capturing Hvar. I guarantee you trying to do this with a squad of people would not allow for this effect.

You need to look at the bigger picture.
  4. Pat22

Actually I'm looking at the map readings that indicate, when both hexes of the battle are combined, a population of 97-204 for TR and 70-144 for VS at the beginning of the video, and 120-240 for TR and 72-144 for VS towards the end of the video. Not quite 2 to 1 but still quite an imposing numerical advantage.

And on the contrary, a squad of 6 could have accomplished the same result in a similar amount of time with a high chance of success. A squad of 12 with 100% chance of success.
  5. TriumphOfMan

You're forgetting the existence of the elysium spawn tube. There's one right at the fore front of the fight in the shielded pillbox. Those spawn tubes churn out players at a much faster rate inflating the Vanu's effective fighting numbers and was causing the pugs to get completely stone walled. We solved that problem.

A squad of players up there wouldn't have achieved ****. In fact they probably would've been wiped out by the liberators that were called out and instead immediately shot down by weight of numbers. Trying to do things in small numbers is slow and inefficient, a squad of 12 guys would've spent ages trying simply to deal with the skyshields for starters.

[TE] moves fast and has a well earned reputation for blitzkrieg shock attacks. Trust me, when it comes to speed we're the authority.
  6. Pat22

Clearly the only thing you're an authority on is ramming your head into something until it breaks. Unless I'm mistaken, a GSD sundy could have easily allowed a small force to pass right through the sky shield and then take down the sky shield module. Without the sky shield, that base is done thanks to the dozen prowlers on elevated ground outside and the TR sundies on the high ground.

Similarly, drifter jets, smoke grenades and C4 could have allowed a squad of players to lay waste to the VS' armored front with a precise strike rather than a 48-man carpet bombing of the entire canyon.
  7. JonnyBlue

Just what the game needs another TR zerg could be worse could be an NC zerg instead wonder if our VS pops will ever match TR/NC gravy trains....
  8. Tankalishious

Allright, I'll bite for a sec.

What server will this massive XP-pinata move around on?
  9. TriumphOfMan

No, they would've been killed on approach by the dozens of mag riders down there.

Is still slower than what we did, and then doesn't have the firepower to then smash and grab the base before leaving. [TE] have always been one of the fastest and most efficient outfits in the game. We don't take 20 minutes to load a Galaxy like Azure Twilight. I appreciate you're not coming from a position to understand highly coordinated, fast moving outfit tactics, but this is the truth.
  10. Cyropaedia

Emerald refugees are welcome on Connery.

I wonder how a "high strategy" small squad [TEMO] (pre-banned BakaRaymoo C4 Valk drop) would have done against this [TE] Zerg.

I am surprised VS Emerald didn't counter with Gal/Valk drop on their Sunderers.
  11. Pat22

It's only slower by a matter of about 10 to 20 seconds.

Well, no, the front row of magriders are dead from C4 and the rest are running in fear from the approaching Prowlers.

I don't think anyone is in a position to not understand leadership and strategies that are only barely above the bare minimum requirement for someone to lead a platoon.

And there's nothing wrong with that. TE takes the simplest approach to a problem as possible. Victory by numbers is not an invalid tactic in Planetside 2. However, if you're trying to impress people and have them join your outfit, maybe showcasing a battle that would have won itself anyways is not the best way to do so.
  12. BuzzCutPsycho

Pretty sure we have plenty of videos that showcase what we are capable of doing.
  13. Liewec123

i'm not sure why you're getting negativity, but welcome back to PS2! :)
  14. Kristan

Being salty as Dead Sea and calling everyone bad? Already seen those. Not impressive.
    • Up x 1
  15. Daigons

I got to dust off the Ye Olde PPA and gave it a thorough workout on that foot zerg last night.
  16. TriumphOfMan

Hah, totally wrong. Try a factor of 5-10 minutes slower.

I know you're from AT and don't really understand how a big fight works because you couldn't ever pull more than a platoon, but that's not how a multiplatoon fight works. Prowlers stay back. Waaaay back. Any attempt to push up against massed infantry is a failure. Massed infantry destroy tanks, or did you not notice what happened to all those Vanu?

Meanwhile your weak 1 squad position up on the mountains is discovered and wiped out by aircraft or airborne drops (or from that position, HART pods). It's a strategy you're completely hoping your opponent doesn't take any steps towards countering.

TE uses the best and most effective strategies to win. Right now Planetside isn't a very tactically deep game and it solely favours speed and applied force. Other outfits like AT, you try to be fancy, you try to think up "tacticool" approaches. But the reality is those are awful ideas and well they end up as total blunders like this:

That's just embarrassing really.

We're one of the only outfits that could successfully coordinate an attack on the old Skydock. We know when a more complex approach is the right approach, but we also know that in 99% of cases brute force is the best and fastest option. One day that ratio might change, but it hasn't come yet.
  17. TriumphOfMan

Doesn't work against massed infantry with strikers, you get shot out of the air before you reach your drop target.

Now if you're trying to do what Pat22 is suggesting and only putting 1 squad up there then yes you could wipe them out in an instant. Which is exactly why we don't do what Pat suggests, because we don't like losing.
  18. D.M.B.-681

19. boey

Oh man, i see a massive TR overpop coming for Emerald. Luckily im not playing on this server. Thank God.
  20. Daigons

[IMG]
    • Up x 2