NC Maxes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cochise15, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Cochise15

Soooo nerf please?

Just saying but mattocks are OP as ****. Neither TR nor VS maxes are comparable with their AI capability. Everyone outside of NC thinks they are OP, but somehow they are ignored for any sort of nerf time after time.
  2. The Rogue Wolf

They are ridiculously nerfed if you stand more than 20m away.
  3. 1Tap2Tap

Because?

No, they aren´t. Just saying,

True, I never saw a NC AI MAX kill a whole squad without even thinking of reloading like e.g. TR Mutilator MAXes.

I also never see NC AI MAXes fighting outside of a building like I do e.g. VS Blueshift Maxes.

Must be because shotguns r so gud evrytiem.

Surely not.

You do know that the most credible persons play all 3 factions?

Before you scream "BUTBUTBUT U R NC!!1" because of my NC avatar, my main right now is my rank 99 TR char (https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/8253534815450262977/).

My NC is rank 112, my VS rank 36 (noone likes the VS :p ).

Hmm...why could that be?

I will let you make a guess.

Oh and btw, the next time you call for nerfs provide at least ONE argument based on facts instead of just personal opinions like in this OP.

I promise, it will help your cause.
    • Up x 4
  4. Colinljx

NC maxes are OP indeed when in their ScatMax or RavenMax form, but I would prefer to have TR & VS maxes buffed to the same level (50% more DPS output than standard infantry weapons like NC maxes currently do).
    • Up x 1
  5. CaptCran

That's the NC for you, hard hitting CQC. I just wish their recoil was a little more all over the place and unpredictable with the dmg they deal. And the NC faction specific guns shouldn't have a rpm no more than the fastest Nanite Systems weapons. SMG shouldn't even be an option for them(too fast for NC trait). NC= hard hitting TR= fast as **** (really isn't though, 1000rpm should be the minimum fast) VS= light/laser weapons(meh...).
  6. FieldMarshall

I would pick my Mercy MAX over my Mattock MAX any day.
    Sure, i love the Mattocks for their 0TTK in CQB, but they cant reliably fire down at people from the second floor of a tower.
    They cant kill people on the techplant cap point from the balcony. The list goes on.
    I think you are seriously underestimating the limitations of a shotgun MAX.

One of the biggest problems with asymetrical balance is the "grass is always greener" people who only play one side.
    When on the recieving end, you only get to experience the positives of the NC MAX.
    You wont notice the 50 other times the enemy couldnt shoot you because you were 25m away.

TLDR: The reason its not been nerfed for so long is because it doesent qualify for one.
    • Up x 3
  7. CaptCran

Yup. Love seeing a NC MAX retreat because they have the wrong load out for the occasion.:)
    • Up x 1
  8. BrbImAFK

Thing is.... this is a problem that's gone all the way back to PS1 with NC.... I should know. I mained NC back then.

NC are indecently good at CQC / in close quarters. Supposedly, they pay for it in range, but I'm not sure about that... the range on the JH and on slug MAX's is obscene. But even if we assume that they totally did, and were always worthless outside of 25m, do you know what?! Pretty much even point room and gen etc. even made can be absolutely controlled by NC MAX's camping invulnerably inside the doors because they're pretty much ALL CQC <25m.
    • Up x 1
  9. FateJH

Use Archers, rocket launchers, throw AV grenades, explosives.
    • Up x 2
  10. PYROxSYCO

I would love it if the NC had some kind of automatic guns like the TR's or VS. The NC need a weapon that has the ability to has sustained fire capabilities. And really wanna share my ideas but i really think im pissing in the wind.
    • Up x 1
  11. Shadowomega

• Up x 1
  12. MaDiv

The NC MAX is fat and should be bullied accordingly.

But for real now, there are barely any encounters which cannot be turned into CQC fights and that's why the NC MAX is oftenly considered as overpowered.
    Maybe a 4 hit kill and a 4-times magazine would help, given that one is able to kill infantry even outside of the 25m range with slugs.
  13. Colinljx

The Gorgon is pretty good, much better than the default starting gun that TR/VS get, though they are quite expensive.
  14. PlanetBound

The Gorgon is good for popping the cherry on a Hive but not much else.
  15. Okaydan

I don't understand why the maxes haven't been touched.

If the max is so bad at range - and this is somehow very valuable - why doesn't the NC outrage?
    If the downsides of shotguns are so bad for CQB - which I highly doubt - again, why is there no NC outrage?
    If the supposed downside of instant murder within ~10 m is no range, and you are okay with getting more range - why did no one offer to rework the NC's shotgun MAX like the normal shotguns were reworked?

Because they OP :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  16. Liewec123

NC are wrong when they say we can't preform at range.
    slug mattocks can be really effective at range,
    even unslugged it is akin to dualwielding jackhammers
    you can spray people down fast from a surprising distance.

however TR/VS are wrong when they claim NC are somehow gods of CQC,
    they deal damage faster so they have the one-up in max vs max engagements,

but they also suffer from having absolutely no sustain and hilaaaaariously long reloads,
    so they can't mow down squads like TR/VS can.

also sitting through 4 second reloads every few seconds leaves NC max extremely vulnerable to ambush by C4 fairies and heavies with RLs.

TLDR
    pros:
    faster burst
    best maxVmax 1v1

cons:
    no sustained fire
    constantly reloading
    long reloads leave them vulnerable
  17. LordKrelas

Well, if it makes you feel better, I personally go off in rants about how in order to have anti-infantry capability that I have to use one of several shotguns, and pray to RNG jesus doing so or use an Anti-armor Machine-Gun (That is what the Gorgon is) to actually fire at a reliable range.

Yes, mattlocks.
    Which are still shotguns, and each has an incredibly small magazine in addition to maxes being slow.
    Sure, an NC max will melt your face off in CQC if it is facing you
    - Assuming your C-4 or rocket didn't force it around the corner or its shield up preventing it from firing.

An TR or VS Max can stand on a Hill, or down a hallway denying everything in-front of them with chain-guns or essentially machine-gun fire with barely a moment of reloading.
    That Hallway max can also provide its lethal hail all the way down the hallway, and out the nearest door.

An NC max can fire from the doorway to a few feet beyond it, or stand behind cover near it
    - Not suppressing the enemy at all beyond the door.
    Sure Mattlocks, but You certainly can't engage them at the range they can fire rockets, LMG's, and you are always within range of C-4 for the most part.

And like all Maxes, they are slow, so it's not like you can't kite the Shotgun-Max.
    The number of times, I wished for a proper anti-infantry weapon that wasn't a shotgun.
    Like honestly, you can't rain down death to infantry below with a shotgun.
    Let alone rain down that death all the way into a building, allowing you to actually suppress the enemy's advance.

NC maxes, in an open field, unless they have anti-armor weapons, are just defense-less targets beyond a few meters.
    Again, yes mattlocks, but those are still limited range shotguns.

And the TR \ VS maxes can fight in the CQC effectively, after firing dominating the entire field at range.
    If a TR or VS Max (mostly TR), gets into a Building, they effectively can kill anything they see in that building.
    - Without moving, just sitting in the same position.

An NC max has to find a position usually at a doorway, or constantly move around the building to engage targets.

To think, Slugs are required to fight at above 25 meters, as if that is a gloriously far range.
    Try getting a slow-firing shotgun to Kill infantry quickly before they rocket you to death with just that.

2,000 certs to have a machine-gun that is designed for anti-armor. (both arms, 1,000 certs per Gorgon)
    Or 1,000 certs to have a second weapon, so you aren't slow-firing rockets with your default slow-firing shotgun.

TR gets a chain-gun that engage at any range they like, with full anti-infantry capabilities.
    VS gets a machine-gun as well, that is designed for anti-infantry.
    NC has to use an anti-armor weapon to fire reliably at range.

TR can use anti-armor grenades from their maxes to pound infantry at range to death.
    TR has rockets, Chain-guns, or grenades.
    NC has Rockets or Shotguns.

For ranged firepower, it's anti-armor weapontry, or a slug-equipped shotgun with prayer.
    Which of course, costs more Certs either way to actually engage the target at range.
    And that's not counting having to purchase the Mattlocks in the first place, and then slugs for each, just to do so.
    A default TR or VS max can at least hit a target at range with an anti-infantry weapon without certing it.
  18. DeadlyOmen

I remember when Maxes were scary.
    • Up x 2
  19. Dusk117

You must be pissed about the GD-7F
  20. TR5L4Y3R