Why Planetside 2 Failed?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OneShadowWarrior, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Eternaloptimist

When did it fail? No one told me :eek:.
    I'm still having a blast (and more than ever in the last two years) :D.
    I hope I don't have to stop now :(.
  2. stalkish

3. AllRoundGoodGuy

4. Sathiran

Really nice post! I've reached out to you in private message, please check it out.
  5. OpolE

• Up x 1
  6. Kubor

I don't think Planetside 2 failed completely. But it's every bit the niche game that many people accused the original of being. So to my mind, 'Planetside Next' would have been every bit as 'successful' as Battlefield Auraxis Planetside 2 has been. All that's happened is that the game has largely alienated the original Planetside players and replaced it with a similarly sized (relatively speaking, given the era in which PS1 was launched) niche crowd.

Planetside 2 has not been the commercial success that it was originally hoped to be when SOE first set out to make it. I don't think that can be argued if you've been playing since the technical test days and were privy to the original vision that Smed sold to us.

But it is what it is. I think we have to accept that there will never be a true Planetside 2 now that SOE is no more.