Improve Vehicle Physics. Good Lord

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OgreMarkX, Feb 22, 2017.

1. OgreMarkX

How far into the future is Planetside 2? Far enough for mankind to not understand vehicle physics?

Apparently.

Oh look, a ripple on the ground, better roll the vehicle and destroy it.

Oh look, you slipped a tad off track, better roll the vehicle and destroy it.

Future Projection: Hey gais! Let's get rid of deploy and make everyone ride in vehicles!
  2. HisokaTheRed

Relax man they say they fixing vehicle sliding and traction in "phase 2" after implant or something.
  3. Moz

I'm not sure it will still feel like Planetside if they actually manage to fix that! :D

No more shouts of "no tank, SCHTOP TAAAANK" down voip....
    • Up x 1
  4. Liewec123

[IMG]

no more 5 degree inclines ending like this XD
    • Up x 1
  5. TrolKabu

Well, actually the tank get out of the road and roadkill every infrantryman in the path, unlike this vid :D
    • Up x 1
  6. Diilicious

you mean my vannie treads wont feel like they are made of butter and the terrain made entirely of polished marble? pretty neat.
    • Up x 1
  7. TrolKabu

The only thing I hope is that they will put a drifter chassis, to keep enjoying my ligthning drifts while chasing harassers on flat ground :D (yeah it's totally unefficient)
    • Up x 2
  8. The Rogue Wolf

If I can't powerslide my Lightning then I'll uninstall the game and eat my cats. :mad:
    • Up x 1
  9. DeadlyOmen

This game has no pysical laws.

Without physical laws, speaking of physics is nonsense.
  10. stalkish

Thats funny, last time i tried it, gravity pulled me down. ;)
  11. NubCannon

Its really bad right now tho. like i got rammed by a lightning goin in reverse. flipped my prowler...
  12. CaptCran

Or when you're walking on level ground and get hung up on a rock that normally you would step over in real life..... And what's up with friction man??? Sometimes ......er.... ALL the time I slide on a hill after running and crouching trying to stop on a dime before my stalker cloak runs out of energy..... NOPE!
  13. HisokaTheRed

And thats why my favorite tank is a magrider, aint got to deal with traction if you got no wheels. Other then that, I'm going to miss sliding all over the place and exploding with my harraser, a shame most people don't appreciate things until they are gone.
  14. Daigons

This is the best video of RL vehicles behaving like PS2 vehicles.

15. NubCannon

Yeah magrider is nice, but i love me some vangaurd. #mostOPtankEVER

I dont mind the sliding at all, its occsionally very useful. but the lightning flipping a MBT with a ram. actually just flipping a mbt in general should be a lot more difficult than it is. and don't get me started on the ant.....
  16. ObiVanuKenobi

Learn to drive and it won't happen.
  17. LordKrelas

So murderously easy to flip tanks, and lack of traction is fine for most vehicles.
    After all, you are capable of preventing your vehicle from flipping via other drivers \ pilots by Sheer driving skill.
    Or the random pebble launching the vehicle in the air.

After all, Driving Skill provides matrix-level control of random events and other people.
  18. ObiVanuKenobi

Weird stuff happens but after a while you learn at what angle and speed certain terrain won't flip you and how to keep distance from other vehicles because their visual position can be lagging behind real position on server.