Queue

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by freshrebel234, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Ziggurat8

Exactly. That is the whole point. Queues or forced penalties. I prefer queues honestly.

For every fight you steam roll because you have an overwhelming number superiority you lose a fight because of pop penalties. That would be worse than forced queue pop balance.

Imagine 60% pop of one faction. On a single continent. They would have enough pop to outnumber both sides on the same continent. Really sounds awesome. Something has to be done in a situation like that.

Maybe, but it would have to be advertised on a fairly regular basis in a very conspicuous manner so that everyone who might switch for crazy bonus xp would.

There is one major flaw with an XP bonus that big. Money. Since I'm sure a significant portion of DBG income comes from the sale of boosts and players subscribing for the membership bonus's; a huge pop xp bonus would devalue those by quite a bit. Perhaps even if they were applied multiplicatively.

Would they make up for it with more customization sales between multiple factions on a single account?
  2. GuhMaster2512

Think of it this way. The lower populated faction has more to shoot at.
  3. Beerbeerbeer

It usually doesn't work that way.

As the pop-gimped faction, especially if the imabalance is bad, it's difficult to find a decent fight where you're not stuck in the damn spawn room. Sure, for a brief time, there is a target rich environment, but it doesn't last as the numbers eventually are felt.

It's much easier being on the overpopped side as the risk of dying drops considerably. Unless you don't care about dying.

I always play the most over popped and I don't give a fk. I try to break things by making it worse. That's the only freaking way to fix it.

4. GoTDirt fromMAG

If you don't sign-in on the faction with the lowest population...can't help you.
  5. adamts01

Yeah, you're right about the money aspect for sure. OK, here's a new idea! A new set of under-pop directives, base on kills obtained while underpop by 10%. You could even have a severely under-popped directive set, when your faction is 20% under the enemy. And another set of directives accomplished by fighting in an outpopped hex, which would discourage zerging for easy kills. This would target vets who probably already have adequate gear for all 3 factions and who already know how to fight against superior odds. This que on a timer obviously doesn't work, it won't really work till they force equal numbers on factions. I just hate the idea of punishing people who just want to play, especially in an open world kind of game. I really think there could be a way to reward people for helping the pop imbalance. Maybe let a new NS vehicle or class become available for half an hour to the least populated faction, not a damage dealer that lets players steamroll, but maybe a defensive unit geared towards fighting off zergs.