BR 10 vs. BR 120

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scatterblak, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Scatterblak

I'm a BR 109 (last time I looked) career inf. I've got good gear now, but it's largely the same gear I've had for quite a while. Here are my questions:

1. Once you reach BR 10 or so, you should have ground out some certs and grabbed some better stuff. How much better is the gear a BR 120 is likely to have when compared to the best gear a BR 10 is likely to be able to acquire?

2. For the BR120-ish guys: What specific things do you do, gear wise, to continue to build an advantage in battle?

As far as I can tell, once you're fairly well ascended in battle rank (80-ish and beyond), you're going to have everything you want already kitted out and battle ready.

I guess the short version is, what do you get for the inf that has everything? Or at least thinks he does? Where do I put these 7k certs where they'll help me kill foul TR and stinky NC more efficiently, as opposed to just getting the newest 999c lumifiber codpiece?
  2. LaughingDead

Infil or just inf-antry?

Although, just making a new char, getting new attachments for the default and grabbing the basic kits, well, it's rather cheap.

Take VS heavy for example, most "Pro" heavies grab ASC and that's only 380 max rank, attachments only 300 depending, and medkits but you only need like 2 so that's 250?

In fact the major cert grabbers are sidearms but the defaults are good enough.

Almost forgot darklight. Never not get a darklight.

P.S. I find it rather lame that it's easier to cert combat over certing support. But whatever.
  3. FieldMarshall

Its not too bad, if they are smart with their spending.
    I think a BR10 will have about 1000 free certs just from leveling up.
    Gear-wise its not enough to fight equally with a BR120, (but they wont do that anyway no matter how many certs they have)
    Its pretty close though. At least if they focus on one class using stock weapons.

Lets for example take a look at something a VS HA could get started with:
    Rank 5 NMG, 331 certs.
    Rank 4 Nanoweave, 210 certs.
    Laser sight or grip, 100 certs.
    Two medkits, 150 certs.

That leaves 200 certs to spare.
    The AA lock-on launcher is also nice, but its a bit pricy for a new player at 650 certs.

I dont know what you have unlocked but if you are talking about Inf(iltrator) then here are some basic suggestions for completing it, cert wise:

Ghost with attachments: 1130 certs
    Commisioner with Laser sight: 1100 certs.
    Parallax with attachments: 1130 certs.
    Sirius with Advanced Laser and SPA: 1300.
    Motion Spotter: 1780 certs.
    Recon Darts: 1780 certs. (Always nice to have the option between a spotter or darts.)
    Nanoweave: 1211 certs (If you have enough certs, i would get both flak/nano and swapping them depending on whats needed).
    Flak armor: 711 certs.
    Hunter Cloak: 810 certs.
    Stalker Cloak: 1850 certs (always nice to have the option to use stalker when you need it).
    Proxy Mines: 600 certs.
    Medkits: 800 certs.

Total = 14202 certs.

You could also completely cert out a Flash with Wraith for your Infiltrator.
    Wraith: 2250
    Stealth: 1600
    Racer/Scrapper: 700
    Fury/Renegade: 1000

Total = 5550 certs.

You probably have most of these unlocked, but perhaps you'll find something you forgot about :)
    • Up x 2
  4. Ziggurat8

BR120 with 255,000 certs on my main.

For infantry vs infantry it takes very few actual certs to go toe to toe with any other infantry.

Mostly certs give you more options for whatever particular situation you might want to prepare yourself for. I have a BR23 alt I play and I stomp face with him, I'm sure very high ranked enemies are astounded when I dunk on them like a boss.

The real big cert dumps are vehicles. You can easily spend 10k on a single vehicle load out.

If you're just straight up infiltrator I would say if you haven't gotten grenade bandolier with emp grenades you're missing out. They add way way more to the play style then flak or nanoweave and don't forget the passive hacking. Otherwise everything that FieldMarshall said is pretty good.
    • Up x 1
  5. breeje

camo's a good infill needs to invest in different camo's, to bad you can't do it with certs
    i played infill for a long time and after getting everything i needed my certs went to troll weapons knives and flare gun ....................
    now i play all classes and after certing them out i went to vehicles with my certs
    all the certs i did spend on useless things and weapons, i wish i could transfer them between characters
    now i stop playing my alts after BR80 and start a new one, don't want to make the same mistake twice
  6. Liewec123

infiltrator?
    lots of certs?

grab yourself an insanely expensive wraith fury flash :D

max our wraith, racer, fury and whatever defensive slot you like (i use mineguard because it lets you clear the road) :D
  7. customer548

Depending on each player's gameplay , here are my own choices :

As long as you have a Nanoweave at 5, Medical kits, a SMG+BASR, Radar maxxed ( your and your Faction NEED radar), EMP nade unlocked (Bandolier isn't a must-have), Adren Pump (not a "must have", but useful in biolabs in order to push sometimes), Ai mines unlocked (TR ones are a must have. If you're VS or NC, you may forget about it more or less nowdays), a scout rifle...And Hacking for turrets, you're good.

After that, you need a fully Certed Wraith Flash. Good at killing isolated outdoor Maxes. Good at slower reinforcements. Good at disturbing-killing Harrassers, good at protecting your outdoor Infantry teammates.

Then Cert a HA. Good at defending towers. You'll be able to rely on it when you'll feel like "We're surrounded, I can't do better with my Infi HPs pool ATM".

Cert your Engi : AV mines ( free kills-useful at repairing sundies in case of troubles, and useful to slow down opponents' pushes) and Archer (Archer is nice to collect Maxes kills, and to scare them) You'll need Nanoweave A.

After that, Cert a lightning, or a Sundy, or any air stuff, depending on your gameplay. If you go for a Sundy, you may have to unlock Stealth (rank 5). Lightning is a "must have" for me.
  8. travbrad

I think the biggest problem a BR10 will really have is not knowing what they should actually spend their certs on in the first place. My first character (BR99) feels like I have a lot less stuff unlocked than my BR72 character, just because by the 2nd or 3rd character you know what not to waste certs on. My BR104 character I can't really think of anything to spend certs on anymore. I am just unlocking stuff I virtually never use at this point.

Also as others have mentioned infantry generally requires a smaller cert investment than vehicles where you want to use all 3 "loadout" slots, probably get better weapons, optics/upgrades for those weapons, etc. Even most of the default infantry weapons are pretty good.
  9. BartasRS

I don't agree that AI mines are not needed on VS. I mostly use them as short range granades (or drop them from high positions into enemy crowd). They especially work well with Stalker (you can kill base modules with it quite fast).
  10. CaptCran

You called me foul..... I can't help you.
    • Up x 1
  11. DasAnfall

You can be up to 70-80% effectiveness with the first 1500 certs from BR1 to BR15 for LA/Medic/HA

1x scope on primary
    Flash suppressor if you want
    Grip/Laser
    SPA/HVA
    3x Medkits
    A couple levels in your ability slot
    Alternative grenade

The biggest issue is getting a good pistol or starter weapon. Everyone should buy the commissioner with DBC but not everyone can spend money so you're stuck with the beamer for a little bit if you go VS. Magshot and repeater are good pistols if TR/NC.
  12. dopy7dvs

And for "ISeeThroughWallsVs", his aimbot working properly.
  13. PlanetBound

Experience is the advantage.
  14. Shocky

BR10 certs into most everything as they want to try it out, has nothing maxed out to be good at really anything finds they want to play ENG MEDIC as they seem cool and can do lots of things like support and get kills.

gets to BR15 gets kicked off noob island or instant actions off of noob island by mistake. BR10 meats BR120 heavy gets killed keeps trying with the same class for about 2 to 5 deaths scums to rage and switches to heavy or max [if in the max the BR120 kills them then BR10 then switches to heavy in most cases] manages to kill BR120 as he ran out of medkits now only plays heavy and hate support never to play them again do to the memory of fighting that BR120. planetside everyone. that is the difference between a BR10 and a BR120 the salt level the class and the out look on the game
  15. Klabauter8

As BR 10 you barely have anything. It takes a lot of time to be able to buy really good stuff.

I find the only thing which is really useable as a low level character is the Lightning. This thing always performs well, no matter if certed or not. Either this, or just farming around with an ANT.

As Infantry you are still not versatile enough at this rank though.
  16. Cancerion

Hehe, defines my beginnings.. except, I accidently found after running the heavy (Gauss Saw running Full Auto) and failing miserably after a while I got more kills using the ENG. I attributed this to accidently running the Mauler Shotgun.. I now run Shotgun's with slugs on all my infantry characters.. and my Heavy's survivability (while still ****** during prime time) has gone up drastically because I'm not tempted to hold down the Fire Key..

I know it's inaccurate to run sustained BRRRRRRTS on a Gauss Saw due to COF and Bloom.. I just have no self control. Shotgun forces me to deny the urge to hold down the button and improved my gameplay. Even knowing it's dumb.. when I run the SAW loadout.. I'm still guilty of holding down the fire key.. . I don't know why.
  17. DeadlyOmen

I would say that the biggest advantage a 109 has over a 10 is game knowledge.

Equipment is great, but knowing when and how to "go for it" is huge.
  18. Huxer

Meh I'm going to guess that most of the original players are working on their 3rd BR120. If you come across one of my BR10s you wont have a knowledge advantage either.