Harrasers and Tank Mines. What gives?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rebelgb, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Rebelgb

Im a Mine Commando Engineer. I have no problems wasting Sundys and Tanks with abandon. However, there seems to be a bug where Harrasers either run over mines and do not set them off, or they get very little damage. Is this a bug due to the speed of the vehicle? Whatever it is ive seen it time and time again and it needs to be fixed.

Thanks,
  2. Demigan

If you have mineguard, which most Harassers seem to have and with good reason, you can sometimes receive no damage. Additionally you can drive over complete minefields and survive.
    In fact you can do the same with a Flash. However the detonation can throw you around. This can actually help you if enemies are waiting for a vehicle to spawn, as you get tossed away and can wraith cloak faster as you reach the auto-drive distance faster.
  3. IceMobsterrr

Lol, I am yet to encounter someone who uses mineguard on Har.

OP, I hope you do know that 1 mine does not kill the harasser. It also depends on the server lag & clientside...
  4. Rebelgb

One mine doesnt kill a Harrasser? Pretty sure it does. It kills most tanks in one mine. No way a harrasser should survive 1 mine.
  5. breeje

i run stealth on my harasser and it needs 2 mines to destroy it
  6. FateJH

Two tanks mines are needed to destroy Lightnings and MBTs.
  7. Liewec123

there is a bug where if the target is moving fast enough they can escape the blast radius before the mines detonate,
    i think it only happens like that under bad server load though,
    and the servers have been pretty bad recently! (Cobalt went down several times yesterday)
  8. Ziggurat8

3 mines in a triangle pattern 2m apart WILL kill anything that doesn't have mine guard. Most vehicles (ATV only takes 1) take at least 2 direct hits. 1 direct and a partial will leave anything else burning but not dead. It takes 5 mines in an X pattern 2m apart to guarantee a kill on mine guard vehicles, provided they hit enough mines to detonate them all.

1 single mine is a waste of nanites unless you plan on an ambush on a vehicle stopping to repair after it hits a mine.

The 3 mine triangle or 5 mine X is the very best pattern for scoring vehicle kills. 2m apart means if they only get close enough to hit 1 the other mines will detonate at the same time and splash kill the vehicle.

They changed how mines react a while back, it used to be you could drive over them at 100km+ and take 0 damage because they wouldn't detonate fast enough. It's much better now but can still be lag.
  9. Rebelgb

Thank you Ziggurat. I was not aware of Harrasers and MBT's taking 2. It must not have noticed before because I normally lay my mines 3 across and often pretty close together. So my past kills must have actually been with 2 mines or a vehicle already low on health.

Personally I don't think Harrasers should have the same invulnerability as Tanks. They should die with 1 mine. When the damn things run amok and anyone complains the comeback is always "shut up noob lay down mines". Well if you have to lay down double mines to kill the damn things its not very practical and takes away from the game. Just my 2 cents.
  10. then00b

I use mine guard on everything but sunderers, in basically any fight you're either going to back away into cover and repair or you're going to die anyways the other defensive slots and mostly pointless, especially now that light assaults have that rocket launcher thing to pick off burning vehicles I guess.
  11. stalkish

Try stealth.
    Thank me later.
  12. Rebelgb

then00b i have noticed as an Engi who loves mine play that a LOT of vehicles use Mine Guard now. Big difference from a year ago.
  13. Mojo_man

I can painfully attest to the fact that Harassers have been setting off tank mines all morning. For me at least.
    • Up x 1
  14. Kcalehc

Also there is an arming delay on mines; once placed it take a couple seconds before its active, so if the vehicle goes over it too soon after you drop it, the mine won't go off.

I tend to run mineguard only when also running GSD - good for getting in biolab and amp station vehicle hangars and not being blown up instantly. Running players down with a good though-and-through when they think their mines will protect them is hilarious. Otherwise its typically stealth.
  15. Klabauter8

Mines are fun for making your Harasser bounce. But otherwise they are pretty harmless if you use a mine guard.
    And yes, if you have full speed with turbo, a Harasser can get away with a small scratch. It's just too fast for the mines.
  16. C_Saunders

Having no Mineguard on your harraser is basically suicide