New Player

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Salah, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Salah

Hello PlanetSide 2 community!

I'm a new here and need to know some info about the game.

Where is server location?

It's true that there are +1000 player in the same battle?
  2. ObiVanuKenobi

Cobalt and Miller - EU
    Emerald - US East
    Connery - US West
    Briggs - Australia

There can be 1000 players on a continent but it doesn't happen very often. Continent is basically a big open world map with many bases so 500v500 battles at a single base don't happen, people fight over multiple bases but battles as large as 100v100+ happen once in a while. If you count the whole map as a single fight then yes, it can be 1000+.
  3. YouWannaGetHigh

Believe me you don't want +1000 people in the same battle in clientside 2. That sh*t would be crazy.
    • Up x 1
  4. Corporate Thug

48+ vs 48+ battles will serve you better, once it gets to 96+ vs 96+ it's all just luck if you live longer than a few minutes before you're respawning. Depending on the server, 96+ vs 96+ fights can be found quite frequently.
    • Up x 1
  5. Valenz

Hello!

Welcome to Planetside 2!

See:
    I'd advice picking the server with the lowest ms to avoid distance shenanigans.

Depends on how you look at it.
    Each continent is divided in zones people call "Hexes" (they used to look the part however) In each there's an outpost that can be captured by attacking factions by switching the control point in their favor.

Normally fights in these hexes contain any amount of people between 1~12 vs 1~12 and 96+ vs 96+ but if you consider the amount of people in the same continent then maybe it reaches 1000. I haven't even bothered with the thought to be honest...
  6. OgreMarkX

I think it's true that Planetside 2 set a world record for number of people on one server battling it out. It can be REALLY AWESOME.

But the game suffers at times from a short term need for cash flow (and hence dev time focus on short term injections) and the game suffers from a diffused scope feature set.

This was the case for this studio's high profile closing of Everquest Next.

But all that said, PS2 is a one of a kind game. It IS great and has even GREATER potential. It's a matter of focus, feature set control and not letting the tail wag the dog (eg. introduce a feature that fails it's intent and instead of changing that, they change another aspect of the game and things spiral out of control..lost time, lost dollars, lost people).

But, welcome to PS2. It can be great fun.
  7. BattGuano

Yes, welcome! I've been gaming online for just as long as it's been around and I can say without a doubt that I have enjoyed playing PS2 more than any other game (so far). I have many, many different games, from flight sims to racing sims, including the rift and a great gaming rig and I still spend the majority of my gaming playing PS2. I don't get into the hive construction stuff - I just love to play in one of the 96+ vs 96+ battle and see how many kills I can get. Great fun. At some point in time PS2 will slowly die off, as other games have. We can only hope that games that are more fun replace it.
  8. Mojo_man