[Guide] Norecoil hacks abundant throughout game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jake the Dog, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Jake the Dog

I was given this by another outfit to make available to my outfit and others. I didn't write it, but this was and has been used by excellent players who have been called hackers.

Ensure the following are CHECKED:

Use Raw Mouse Input
    Reduce Input Lag

Ensure the following are UNCHECKED:

Mouse Acceleration

MOUSE SENSITIVITY:

Ensure the trainee has a AIMED sensitivity of at least 7 inches/180 degree turn. This means that it takes them moving their mouse eight inches to do a 180 degree turn. A simple way of doing this is telling them to aim straight north (remember, while ADSing), then ask them how many inches they have to move their mouse before they’re facing south.

If the trainee asks why, simply state the precedent that almost every good FPS player that ever was had a “low” sensitivity.

TRACKING TESTS:

Now, to help the trainee get acclimated to the new sensitivity, do what I call “tracking tests”. Stand about 30 meters away from the trainee and ADS strafe with a 0.5x ADS Movement weapon. Tell the trainee to try tracking your head. When they can consistently keep their crosshair on your head, switch to a hip-fire strafe. After that, move closer to 15 meters and repeat one more time.

BURST FIRE:

Inform the trainee that there are two types of recoil in this game: visual and cone of fire bloom. To compensate for visual recoil, you pull down, to compensate for CoF bloom, you burst fire.

CoF bloom is based on a gun's damage model, the higher the damage, the higher the bloom per shot. 143 damage tier should be fired in 3 to 4 round bursts. 167s and 200 damage tiers should be shot in 2 to 3.

ADAD:

Finally, tell the trainee to strafe with their A and D keys while moving. Make sure their strafe is wide enough that it actually displaces their character model, but tight enough that they’re not just moving in a straight line for too long.

Personal notes written by me: the lower the scope ie x1 or x2 will be alot more controllable vs 3.4x or 4x scopes think of it as not only magnifying your view but also your recoil as you adjust for more by hand this way. This has helped me immensely.

Neogenesis: Good luck out there everyone, PS2 is a dangerous world full of people who want to kill you and will kill you, but for every death you will get a tiny bit better. Figuring out what works and what doesnt. What approaches to use, and ones not to use. How do you best work as a team? Are you a superb medic able to carry your squad to the SCU through the hoard of enemy players? Maybe a Heavy Assault bringing superior firepower to the fight to serve as the frontline force. Maybe you prefer mobility of the Light Assault, toting carbines and explosives galore the battlefield is your playground. If not mobility maybe Infiltration would be better suited for you, going behind enemy lines and wreaking havoc upon them. If thats not your fancy there's always the trusty engineer which has a tool for every situation. Find what works for you!

P.S. Yes, this has nothing to do with hacks. Thats the point. Also don't block quote this entire thing. Choose what you're going to reply too individually, or else whatever replies may be very, VERY long.

GL and HF.
    • Up x 3
  2. Harry Beavers

This is also used by excellent players:

That's just the tip of the iceberg.
  3. Ziggurat8

I love that video. Shooting knee caps and getting HS. The guys head wasn't even on the screen. **** like that makes it impossible to believe anyone good is actually legit. It's too bad. Video was a month after battle eye too. GG.
  4. Jake the Dog

I swear you were dropped on your head as a child.

Take the above advice and play with it. Also equip a x1 scope do it for a few months and then talk to me. yes there are hackers but much less common than you think.
  5. GuhMaster2512

Why do you think every good player in this game hacks? In my outfit, one of our players used to think the some of the elite were hacking but then watched some YouTube videos from players like DasAnfall and learned the game mechanics that allowed him to be more competitive in game. People have put thousands of hours into this game and with that time, usually it pays off with skill, but only with the desire to learn and get better. However, there is nothing wrong with not trying to improve if you want to play casually but don't cry hacks every time a better player ends up killing you. There probably are a few players using the aforementioned hit-box hack but I have a strong doubt that it is that high.

In my 2k hours worth of playtime, I have received my fair share of hackusations. I usually just screenshot them and ignore them, but if someone sends a message with a genuine question along the lines of "What can I do to improve?" I will send them a thought out response. Pretty much every other player I play with does the same thing as well.

If you feel like improving, come to Pick Ups which are usually on Friday or Saturday at 7 PM EST. It's a great place to learn from the best and you can check it out on the Emerald Sub-Reddit.
  6. Ziggurat8

I've been playing pc video games for 25 years. Online PC games for about 20 years. I'm 35 yrs old. One thing seems to be constant amongst humans in general and online gaming is no exception. The very best of the best in any thing worth being the best in...have their share of cheaters, even the not the best have their share of cheaters.

From baseball to stock markets to poker games to online video games. People WILL cheat. It's part of human nature.

The fact that it's very hard to prove someone else is cheating unless it is blatant over the top in a video game makes accusations easier. If you're not cheating, it sucks to be called out. If you are cheating, it sucks to be called out. Most if not all cheaters will deny it just as vehemently as non cheaters. Sometimes even AFTER its proven! They were cheating.

It sucks for sure. Unless the devs make a display of force in terms of actual hackers, I would go so far as to post a banned account list, the accusations will just get worse.

If you're legit and awesome. I feel sorry for you. Come play on PS4, it's not so crazy with the accusations and people will know you're legit and awesome and not some steroid using meat head, err, hacker.
  7. Jake the Dog

71 days alone on my main TR account.... I also have 5 other accounts...
  8. Desgarl

Like, really? The guy posts a valid video proof that hacking exists and you tell him to learn to play?

And yes, his argument is valid. Whole point of this thread is to highlight that people need to get better at the game and that hackers aren't common.
    Video, however, clearly shows that hacks are available, working and _potentially_ widespread. Your answer to that is... l2p?
  9. Jake the Dog

Because thats not the person he's accusing of hacking. everyone knows that guy in the vid is hacking. how do we know? Because we have video.

I've been reading a lot of his comments, they're straight up moronic and he refuses to listen to reason. We know that the videos are evidence of hacking and that it exists still in the present system. He's upset that some dude killed him and a bunch of others with an SAS-R in 6 seconds with 2 seconds between each kill, which is very possible. That is what brought him to the forums.
  10. Desgarl

Well, all of this doesn't apply to this thread, does it?
    You created an (imho mocking) thread that implies that excellent players are good, no hacks involved. He replied that's not always the case pointing out that hacks do exists. You then retorted with argument that the guy has to learn to play before he dares to speak about hacks.
    Do you see why in this particular thread your argument is pretty much invalid?
  11. Harry Beavers

Some dude killed me?

Hey dumb@ss I haven't even logged in since forever. I've just been commenting on a few fanboys attempt to deflect that cheaters exist. Which they do in mass numbers according to cheat and hack forums.

Go educate yourself.
  12. Jake the Dog

Nah, I made a thread to help people. This actually wasn't actually even directed at his comments. It was about someone else who commented on weapons with no recoil lol. he just popped up.
    git gud
  13. Ziggurat8

So how has taking this advice worked out for you? With a KDR of 1.2 and an accuracy of 23% you should be noticing a huge improvement in just a short amount of time right? Are you chaining headshots continuously with the BASRs yet?
  14. Jake the Dog

This was my second account... I made this 3 years ago XD

Welp if we're going to look at stats. I spent 90% of my time in this game in a mbt. Not farming kills but going after tanks, because I think that going after the infantry is weak af. So I spent my time as a tank hunter. I got 20fps on a good day. That was up until last fall. Recently though I've been busy going for BASR kills and NS snowball gun kills so yeah. I received this probably maybe 4 months ago. It has helped my outfit alot. And yes I do chain headshots.

It really does help, don't believe me or not thats up to you, I don't care whether or not you take the gift. I gave it willingly like the guy who gave it to me willingly did. You can check his kdr if you want: AtherumVS just a hint though. His is in the 6 range... If you don't like the training ask him about it, he helped write it.

But with everything in this game it will take some time, but you will likely see improvement in play after a bit yes.

once again gl and hf.

P.S. Ive never really cared about my kdr.
    • Up x 1
  15. Eternaloptimist

I've made the adjustment to settings OP has listed and will see how it helps my game. But that 7 inch mouse movement for 180 degree turn lowers my aimed sensitivity enormously compared to what I am used to (about 0.25). Am I reading that right?
  16. Ziggurat8

It's not really necessary to lower your sensitivity that much.

It depends on your mouse. If you're playing with a 1500dpi or higher gaming mouse that low of a sensitivity is overkill. Typically You want to lower it enough that you can make single pixel adjustments when you need to (like sniping and long range shooting). The no acceleration or smoothing is more critical in my oppinion. You want the mouse movement to always be the same. 1"=X pixel movement on screen. Acceleration increases mouse movement the faster you move the mouse which makes snapping to a target much harder and you're more likely to over correct and bypass your target.

If you're playing with a basic **** mouse you need > 7" throw for the 400dpi mouse to be able to track/make single pixel adjustments.

There is no best sensitivity, it's what works best for you and what you're used to but you do need a low enough sensitivity to make super small corrections without over correction (going past and having to come back). A decent gaming mouse and no acceleration will make it much easier though.

I haven't used anything but really high dpi mice since the original razer boomslang. Back when I actually played on pc my throw was about 3" for 180' during normal infantry use with a claw grip. Personally I like the multi dpi setting mice (standard on gaming mice now a days) so you can raise and lower your sensitivity with a button click on the fly.

One last thing to consider is desk space. If you HAVE to pick up the mouse to make a 180' turn you're probably SOL if you get ambushed
    • Up x 1
  17. Jake the Dog

The 6-8in 180 degree turn is when you are ads. When you are not ads that is up to your preference. Just want to make sure you weren't doing that while you weren't aiming down sights.
    • Up x 1
  18. Eternaloptimist

That's right, I was ADS when trying it out but it's always appreciated when someone checks I'm doing it right as I've made nooby mistakes before. In fact, I've already felt an improvement from the adjustments OP posted even with my ADS at 0.28 and a 4 inch mouse movement.
    Nice one OP
    • Up x 1
  19. Jake the Dog

Don't thank me, thank the "hackers"