Falling under the earth bug upon spawn at warpgate

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by matt0027, Dec 8, 2016.

1. matt0027

Was just curious if this is ever going to be fixed. It happens most often after I initially log into the game and spawn at a warpgate, or after a continent is locked and I spawn at a warpgate mid-session. Everything is grey with icons for various things like terminals and bases above me. Sometimes I'm able to successfully redeploy by hitting U before I "crash" and die, and sometimes I'm not.

I tried to spawn at the warpgate in Amerish first, and it was locked by TR while I was in queue so I tried spawning at the Indar warpgate. I fell for 10 seconds or so beneath the Indar warpgate, and the death was recorded as a suicide when the "falling" stopped. This just happened to me, and I was credited with two deaths, no idea why. One spawn, two deaths. I remember this bug from as far back as three years ago, and I have no idea why it hasn't been fixed yet. I estimate I have as many as 50 deaths from this bug.
    • Up x 1
  2. stalkish

It has been fixed already, multiple times apparently:
    First on the 15 June 2016
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/hotfix-6-15.241316/#post-3402943
    Then again on the 7 September 2016
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/game-update-9-7.242625/#post-3421026
    Then again on the 22 September 2016
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/pc-hotfix-9-22.242852/#post-3424214
    Although they do say 'speculative' to cover themselves nicely.
  3. Towie

Hmm - haven't had this for a while so maybe one of the potential 4 fixes did it for me !

But yes, most often when first entering a game. Seemed to be a timing thing - you 'appear' before the rest of the stuff around you has, start falling through the floor (that isn't there yet) and by the time it does get drawn you are either plummeting to the planets core or stuck at belly height in the floor. Much fun and merriment to be had by all ;)
  4. SarahM

This is still a thing? Had this happen about three-fourtimes per year since beta.
  5. matt0027

Happened again after Amerish got locked on Connery and I redeployed to Esamir. About 5 minutes ago.

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  6. kr47er

do you want the truth or do you want to get memed?
    • Up x 1
  7. zaspacer

I fall through world fairly often when loading a Character at VR. This does not happen to me as often in other areas.

I did have my ESF spawn 2-out-2-tries upside down and on the ground in the Warpgate when I tried to direct ESF spawn it from the Warpgate. So I don't try that from Warpgate anymore, I just spawn as Infantry and run to the Terminal.
  8. matt0027

Yup, just happened again. Fell through the earth after Esamir lock on Connery when spawning at Indar warpgate.

And counted as two deaths. Immediately hit U upon spawn... death occurred with maybe 1/2 second to go until redeploy.
  9. Dairian

It is 2018 and this is still happening ...
  10. Sprant Flere-Imsaho

Fell through the Earth? Maybe you mean Auraxis.
    • Up x 1
  11. Twin Suns

Tom Petty's "Free Falling" should play when that happens.

Make it happen DBG.
  12. Twin Suns

Yes, at certain times it can be frustrating.

But in the end, it's just a minor nuisance at best killer.
  13. JibbaJabba

Funny observation: I have a TR character that I don't play much but I log in to get the free certs.

The character is currently below the warpgate floor and well stuck there. I don't bother to sort it out before I leave. Each time I login it's further down below the ground. I think it's a good 1-2 stories down by now. Any chance of jumping to clip back into the floor is long gone.
  14. Twin Suns

Every time it happens to me, it's because of something blocking the sides when I spawn deploy from Sundies. Sometimes it's the terrain forcing me through the map, but in most cases it has to do with vehicles pulled up beside the Sundy. A "repair" Sundy specifically in my observation.

Any hoot...2 peas in a bucket.